PDA

View Full Version : Mod?

spudss
03-02-2006, 06:45 PM
I have a few ?'s..
I only have about an hour or so on my LTR (to much overtime lol) I dont have any of the mods (CB,lid baffle) done yet because I want to do the break in on it first..

This leads me to my first ?
Are you breaking your LTR in before or after the mods?

Do you have to take the Lid of when you install the CB and remove the baffle?

How does anyone know that you have to remove the lid and baffle and install the CB.(Did you read it somewhere?) That the lid has to be off?

400exBro
03-02-2006, 06:55 PM
We are leaving our completly stock until it is borken in.

with the cherry bomb and the lid etc... I am not sure, but i will go on the assumption that it doesn't matter, because you will not see the performance gain, unless you take the air box lid off and baffle out. Therefore you just wasted money because the cherry bomb virtually does nothing??

plus the cherry bomb is just a resistor that enables you to use map 2 that Suzuki has already programed onto the 450. Suzuki worked with Yosh together on this, they made the stock map the way it is in order to pass EPA standards. This way Yosh makes 35 bucks on every CB that is sold, and Suzuki can pass the EPA standards

KWAD GAWD
03-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Yes, that's right. I'd say leave is stock, putt it around for the first few rides. Let it heat up for 20 minutes, then let it sit until cool. Repeat the process for the first few times out to break it in properly.
YOU MUST remove the lid and take the baffle out when using the Cherry Bomb. That's the whole point, more air flow - less restriction from the exhaust - the CB auto adjusts the injection system to compensate for the mods allowing the bike to run stronger and gain the 7 horse.
Suz flew me out to California to ride the bike, the Yosh guys sat us down for an hour explaining how all this works. There are more mods from Yosh that are available besides just the Cherry Bomb. They are more expensive, and also more advanced and require more understanding of the fuel and ignition systems. They're dumped a ton of research into this thing and the CB is just a cheap shortcut to a quick fix, allowing huge gains for a low price while still passing the EPA stuff off the showroom floor.
Suz. expects everybody to do this mod! It's senseless not to.