PDA

View Full Version : does anyone agree with me?

N400Ex
03-02-2006, 05:40 PM
alrite i have had a banshee before and once it blew it up... i was rebuildin it time after time..i had to get rid of it because it cost some much money in repairs...i have talked to a few people and they all agree that the worst thing you can do to a quad "reliabilty"-wise is to rebuild it...if the time comes and you do blow a machine up... rebuildin is the only option you have...unless you wanna sell it.... but cant you expect rebuildin an engine numerous times once you have done it once? i have the same problem now with a 400ex and i wanna ask your opinions....

-thanks

bmf400ex
03-02-2006, 05:58 PM
your problem may be in the jetting or head that is causing so many rebuilds. through time every quad will require a rebuild, that doesn't mean it will be any less reliable than a new stock machine

N400Ex
03-02-2006, 06:38 PM
yea i understand that...but it just seems to me that once your rebuild somethin... you and so much more suseptable to repair work

bmf400ex
03-02-2006, 06:44 PM
unless there is something wrong with your crankshaft or transmission no quad should be more suseptable to another breakdown more so than a brand new one. if a rebuild caused this kind of phenomenon, you would see MANY people junking their quads in favor of a new one. I have experienced the same failure twice after the first rebuild on a 2 stroke blaster. The failure mode was not the fault of a worn cylindar or bad pistons, it was worn crank bearings. they did not present a problem on the first rebuild, but did after the second failure 2 months later. I have owned several other quads, never had a problem rebuilding them and then them lasting a loong time.

AtvMxRider
03-02-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by N400Ex
but it just seems to me that once your rebuild somethin... you and so much more suseptable to repair work

Not if you build it right.

bmf400ex
03-02-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider

exactly

AirGuitarMaster
03-03-2006, 06:32 PM
yep

CFRacer03
03-03-2006, 07:13 PM
yea, the only reason it would be less reliable is if you don't build it back correctly, its not uncommon to have an engine blow or something once, but if you're engines are repetitively having these problems it is probably something you're doing wrong in the rebuild. you should check into having a professional rebuild your motors.

especially back in the two-stroke days, if you raced a full season on a motor you'd have to rebuild it every year, if not more, and it never made them less reliable, as long as you do it right

coolex
03-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider

correct