PDA

View Full Version : Lets hit the streetz!

07-20-2002, 08:13 AM
Ok.... I live in NY and last year I crashed my GSXR-600. The engine is in good shape and I was thinkin about a project to make a street legal quad. I have already put in an e-mail to the DMV but that will probably take about four months to get a response from them so I was wondering if anyone had any info on the subject. Also... if anyone had ideas about what frame could fit that engine that would be awesome too. I was thinking an LT500 frame would probably be big enough. Well thanks.
Oh.... and if anyone lives in the area you should try to get down to englishtown NJ on Aug. 24 for the wheelie champs!! I just went last week and managed to pull 5th place in the quad freestyle!!!! Well thanks again
Rick

Rastus
07-20-2002, 10:11 AM
A DS650 frame would probably be big enough. That would look awesome with a street bike motor in it.

kc 300EX
07-20-2002, 04:03 PM
Where in NY do you live? I live in westbrookville, wich is between Middletown and Port jervis and Monticello.

I dont think you will be allowed to make a street legal quad here in NY. NY hates quads, period. Unless is only has 3 wheels and can be called a Motorcycle, I dont see it happening.

airheadedduner
07-20-2002, 08:30 PM
there is a company that sold street legal kits for quads in oregon. email atv-action to get the companies name.

Drtridr18
07-21-2002, 07:24 AM
What's the deal with Ohio, anybody know? I'd be curious about what Ohio DMV thinks about street legal quad concept.

RytM1
07-21-2002, 09:36 PM
Rick, the LT500 frame should work. I have a friend who stuffed a GSXR-1100 motor in one for drag racing. He's also running NOS on it. What a beast !

Juggalo
07-21-2002, 10:19 PM
a banshee frame will work too. you can find a lot of them too. avoid the street legal kit if you can. they are lame lookin. its basically a stock front end but a swingarm in the back that uses one street bike tire so basically you have a reversed trike (2 wheels in front one in back).

airheadedduner
07-22-2002, 12:20 AM
i didn't mean get the kit. but if you could get ahold of them they could tell you what to do to get your machine registered for street use.