PDA

View Full Version : ATLANTIC GRAND PRIX 2006 SCHEDULE! First race April 2nd

Dale@AGP
03-02-2006, 05:19 PM
ATLANTIC GRAND PRIX 2006 SCHEDULE! First race April 2nd

OK, mark your calendars! This is it, the final revision to the 2006 Atlantic Grand Prix schedule!
It’s been a extremely trying winter season for all of us here at AtlanticGrandPrix.com, 3 different New Jersey locations that came and went because of environmental issues, but we really don’t want to go into all the ugly details. The point is...that the schedule is complete and all the events are a go!

2006 is shaping up to be a really exciting season.

The first event is Sunday April 2 2006 in Barnegat Township NJ, we’ll be running youth Quads in the morning and Adult Quads in the afternoon. The location of that event is at Shore Line Sand and Gravel on West Bay Avenue in Barnegat Township NJ.

All of our other events are spread out through New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

The other exciting news is we just picked up Irish Valley Motocross and ATV Park in Paxinos, PA and that will now be our season final and that will be on NOV 4th and 5th.

We also have a new feature were you can reserve your RACING NUMBER with our online registration, IT’S FREE and WILL SAVE YOU TIME AT SIGN-UP! If you haven’t done it yet do it today at: http://www.AtlanticGrandPrix.com/AGPReserveYourNumber.html

AtlanticGrandPrix.com is also actively promoting regional SponsorHouse riders on our AtlanticGrandPrix.com website where we’ve been getting close to 500,000 hits a month, so check it out and register today: http://atlanticgrandprix.com/Sponsorhouse.html

For more information and the best off-road news go to http://atlanticgrandprix.com

Again, sorry for the delay, but 2006 is really going to be an exciting year.

Hope to see you at the races,
Dale

Dale Freitas
Director of the Atlantic Grand Prix Series

BELOW IS THE FULL 2006 ATLANTIC GRAND PRIX SCHEDULE!

Round 1 April 2nd 2006
Shore Line Sand and Gravel
Barnegat, NJ Cross Country Race

Round 2 April 29 & 30th 2006
North American War Horse
Dunmore, PA Cross Country Race

Round 3 May 13th & 14th 2006
North American War Horse

Round 4 May 27th & 28th 2006
North American War Horse

Round 5 June 17th & 18th 2006
Thunder Ridge Motocross Park
New Berlin, NY Cross Country Race

Round 6 July 8th & 9th 2006
The Logan Farm
Cortland, NY Cross Country Race

Round 7 July 15th & 16th 2006
North American War Horse

Round 8 August 5th & 6th 2006
North American War Horse

Round 9 August 19th & 20th 2006
The Logan Farm
Cortland, NY Cross Country Race

Round 10 Sept. 2nd & 3rd 2006
North American War Horse

Round 11 Sept. 16th & 17th 2006
Thunder Ridge Motocross Park
New Berlin, NY Cross Country Race

Round 12 Oct. 14th & 15th 2006
Sahara Sand and Gravel
Eaglewood, NJ Cross Country Race

Round 13 Oct. 28th & 29th 2006
Fort Dix, NJ Cross Country Race

Round 14 Nov. 4th & 5th 2006
Irish Valley Motocross and ATV Park
Paxinos, PA Cross Country Race

LoneRacer
03-04-2006, 03:16 PM
Dale,

Thanks, I know how much time end effort you are putting into the series. I have to say you put on a great show! I feel like I am at a National event. The tracks are great! And the best part is you guy listen to rider input. It's great to have a promoter behind quad riders.

Thanks you!

Kenny Campbell

300exHILLER
03-08-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm planning on going April 2nd and every other race I'm able to.

Dale@AGP
03-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Download April 2 Atlantic Grand Prix Race Flyer! http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com/AGPapril2.pdf

Dale

Dale@AGP
03-25-2006, 05:27 PM
We had the D8 out on the course today. Rounding off all the hard edges and steep drop-offs...I have a final work detail for Sunday and after that it's just back blading the course which will happen next Thursday.

This is going to be a pretty cool course.

Hope to see you all there Sunday April 2

Dale

Director of Atlantic Grand Prix series http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com

President of New Jersey Off Highway Vehicle Association (NJOHVA) http://www.njohva.org

LoneRacer
03-26-2006, 03:59 PM
Just got home from the first location of the Atlantic Grand Prix. I spent the day with working with the crew making the track layout. Get ready for some fun! This track is MX quad friendly. The track is all sand NO rocks very wide easy to pass. You don't even need skid plates. All skill levels are welcome! Come join the fun!

http://www.atlanticgp.com/

reichart90
03-28-2006, 02:36 PM
im registered d6 and ama... my quad is pretty wide... 49" ... this may be a dumb question, but is it too wide you think for the first round? its actually setup for mx ... i just wannnnna riiidddeee

thanks,
tim

LoneRacer
03-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by reichart90
im registered d6 and ama... my quad is pretty wide... 49" ... this may be a dumb question, but is it too wide you think for the first round? its actually setup for mx ... i just wannnnna riiidddeee

thanks,
tim

You will be fine with room to spare! The woods trail is wide, NO PROBLEM for a MX quad! I Hope to see you there!

Dale@AGP
03-28-2006, 10:03 PM
The woods section is super wide and the course was layed out with Motocross Quads in mind. The gravel pit is all motocross without the jumps and the woods sections are fast and fun.

Dale

GE4x4
03-30-2006, 07:15 PM
We turn the clocks ahead this weekend, so will the times still be the same? As everyone will loose a hour.

pineway
03-31-2006, 08:25 AM
Dale, im definitly racing on Sunday, but my little brother wanted to race to. Is there any real big hill climbs on the track? is the track real easy? This would be his first race and he is not the greatest rider, so I dont want to throw him out there and end up getting hurt or discouraged. Thanks.

Dale@AGP
03-31-2006, 08:31 PM
No big hills.

Dale

300exHILLER
04-03-2006, 10:44 AM
Thanks Dale for a great day of racing.

GE4x4
04-03-2006, 03:58 PM
Great race, when will results be up?

Blizzard24
04-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Yea, I am curious to see where I finished

Dale@AGP
04-03-2006, 09:46 PM
HI Ross,

We’re still working on the results and they will be posted by Tuesday morning. We had problems with both the Bike and Quad events and are in the process of verifying both of them.

Again, sorry for the delay.

Dale

cdrookie
04-04-2006, 01:56 AM
it is 4:06 tuesday morning. where's the results?:devil:

GE4x4
04-04-2006, 09:29 AM
Okay it's past mourning.:cool:

GE4x4
04-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Do you mean next Tuesday?

300exHILLER
04-05-2006, 09:07 AM
results are up.

rpyfz450
04-07-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by LoneRacer
You will be fine with room to spare! The woods trail is wide, NO PROBLEM for a MX quad!

That's a little bit of an exaggeration. I wouldn't call it "wide with room to spare", I'd call it passable.

300exHILLER
04-07-2006, 10:02 AM
If you stayed on the intended trail and didn't take the cheater lines then there was enough room for a 50" quad to get through. I'm not saying you took the cheater lines. I'm just backing up Dale and confirming that a 50" wide quad fit through everything on the course. If you go to any other XC race you can't fit through everything on the course with 50" of width. I run 47" and I have some trouble getting through things at the GNCCs.

rpyfz450
04-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by 300exHILLER
there was enough room for a 50" quad to get through

I won't disagree with that statement at all. If you took out a tape measure I'm sure you'd find 50 inches everywhere you go. I found it difficult to explain to a non-racing friend that 11mph is a typical pace for the wooded sections.

In my mind, "room to spare" means "room to pass" and that just isn't true with a 50"' wide trail. From my perspective, the real "racing" took place in the sand pit area. The only times I passed people in the woods was when they pulled over and let me go, or they crashed, got stock, and I had to take a different route to get around them. I guess I'm just being a little critical of this type of racing and I really wish it were possible to pass slower riders everywhere on the course.

300exHILLER
04-07-2006, 12:21 PM
What you explained about passing in the woods doesn't happen in XC racing. You can't pass in the tight woods unless you take a different route through the trees which is illegal unless there is a bottle neck. You basically wait for an opening or the guy in front of you to mess up. I've been lapped many times by Ballance and Borich imagine how they feel when they have deal with lapped traffic every race after the first lap. They deal with over 300 riders in their way. It's common curiously to let a faster rider pass if he is not in your class. There's a lot of little common curiously rules to XC racing. It took me a whole season to learn them. When you talk about the "real racing" you mean passing and what not but XC racing is about racing the clock more than the other riders. Glad you were there to support the series and get a small taste of XC.