PDA

View Full Version : ATLANTIC GRAND PRIX 2006 SCHEDULE! First race April 2nd

Dale@AGP
03-02-2006, 05:12 PM
ATLANTIC GRAND PRIX 2006 SCHEDULE! First race April 2nd

OK, mark your calendars! This is it, the final revision to the 2006 Atlantic Grand Prix schedule!
It’s been a extremely trying winter season for all of us here at AtlanticGrandPrix.com, 3 different New Jersey locations that came and went because of environmental issues, but we really don’t want to go into all the ugly details. The point is...that the schedule is complete and all the events are a go!

2006 is shaping up to be a really exciting season.

The first event is Sunday April 2 2006 in Barnegat Township NJ, we’ll be running youth Quads in the morning and Adult Quads in the afternoon. The location of that event is at Shore Line Sand and Gravel on West Bay Avenue in Barnegat Township NJ.

All of our other events are spread out through New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

The other exciting news is we just picked up Irish Valley Motocross and ATV Park in Paxinos, PA and that will now be our season final and that will be on NOV 4th and 5th.

We also have a new feature were you can reserve your RACING NUMBER with our online registration, IT’S FREE and WILL SAVE YOU TIME AT SIGN-UP! If you haven’t done it yet do it today at: http://www.AtlanticGrandPrix.com/AGPReserveYourNumber.html

AtlanticGrandPrix.com is also actively promoting regional SponsorHouse riders on our AtlanticGrandPrix.com website where we’ve been getting close to 500,000 hits a month, so check it out and register today: http://atlanticgrandprix.com/Sponsorhouse.html

For more information and the best off-road news go to http://atlanticgrandprix.com

Again, sorry for the delay, but 2006 is really going to be an exciting year.

Hope to see you at the races,
Dale

Dale Freitas
Director of the Atlantic Grand Prix Series

BELOW IS THE FULL 2006 ATLANTIC GRAND PRIX SCHEDULE!

Round 1 April 2nd 2006
Shore Line Sand and Gravel
Barnegat, NJ Cross Country Race

Round 2 April 29 & 30th 2006
North American War Horse
Dunmore, PA Cross Country Race

Round 3 May 13th & 14th 2006
North American War Horse

Round 4 May 27th & 28th 2006
North American War Horse

Round 5 June 17th & 18th 2006
Thunder Ridge Motocross Park
New Berlin, NY Cross Country Race

Round 6 July 8th & 9th 2006
The Logan Farm
Cortland, NY Cross Country Race

Round 7 July 15th & 16th 2006
North American War Horse

Round 8 August 5th & 6th 2006
North American War Horse

Round 9 August 19th & 20th 2006
The Logan Farm
Cortland, NY Cross Country Race

Round 10 Sept. 2nd & 3rd 2006
North American War Horse

Round 11 Sept. 16th & 17th 2006
Thunder Ridge Motocross Park
New Berlin, NY Cross Country Race

Round 12 Oct. 14th & 15th 2006
Sahara Sand and Gravel
Eaglewood, NJ Cross Country Race

Round 13 Oct. 28th & 29th 2006
Fort Dix, NJ Cross Country Race

Round 14 Nov. 4th & 5th 2006
Irish Valley Motocross and ATV Park
Paxinos, PA Cross Country Race

ex kid
03-03-2006, 09:59 AM
looks good.

LoneRacer
03-04-2006, 03:12 PM
Dale,
Thanks, I know how much time end effort you are putting into the series. I have to say you put on a great show! I feel like I am at a National event. The tracks are great! And the best part is you guy listen to rider input. It's great to have a promoter behind quad riders.

Thanks Dale!

Kenny Campbell

Dale@AGP
03-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Thanks Kenny,

We went out to the April 2 location and roughed out about 6 miles of course. Of that about a mile of it is in the woods. the other 5 miles or so is in the gravel pit. We have a D8 dozer that we are going to be using to build the track and I'm starting that next week.

It's going to be a really great Quad event.

Dale

P.S. make sure to pass the word that we're doing Youth Quads in the morning.

Dale@AGP
03-08-2006, 08:06 PM
Download April 2 Atlantic Grand Prix Race Flyer! http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com/AGPapril2.pdf

Dale

QuadRacer041
03-09-2006, 05:38 AM
dale, i signed up to get my number, will i het that in the mail or will i pick up the day of the race?

Dale@AGP
03-09-2006, 06:18 AM
Lou,

You'll get it the day of the event.

I want the roiders to keep their existing bike numbers where ever possible.

The barcode is just for the database and scoring.

Dale

Dale@AGP
03-20-2006, 07:35 PM
For all those not attending...you're going to be missing a really great race.

The course is between 5 to 6 miles and it's all in a sand pit.

Fast motocross without jumps, just some small hills.

The soil is a mix of top soil, orange sandy gravel, white sand and mulch.

Dale

Derno24
03-21-2006, 05:28 AM
I have to say Dale you do put on a great event and I am looking forward to running your series this year.

mxdad
03-21-2006, 06:06 AM
Sounds like a pretty nice series. Why don't you run 50cc quads?

Dale@AGP
03-21-2006, 06:17 AM
Would like us to run 50cc Quads?

I could create a class, the only reason was that up until this year New Jersey only allowed 7+ year olds.

For 2006 we can they changed the rules and now we can do 4 year olds.

If there's interest in the class we'll add it.

Dale

jlhughes750
03-21-2006, 06:43 AM
I'll be there... This will be first AGP event.....I was retired last year so i didn't get a chance to check it out.......... I'll be around a bit more this year!!

which classes pay $ for the ATV's

QuadRacer041
03-21-2006, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Dale@AGP
For all those not attending...you're going to be missing a really great race.

The course is between 5 to 6 miles and it's all in a sand pit.

Fast motocross without jumps, just some small hills.

The soil is a mix of top soil, orange sandy gravel, white sand and mulch.

Dale

Dale, i thought there was going to be a few miles of trails, did you remove that part of the coarse.

Dale@AGP
03-21-2006, 08:17 AM
I'm sorry, we also have about 1.5 miles of woods trail, but it isn't the super tight stuff that one would expect from south jersey.

Dale

ex kid
03-28-2006, 09:39 AM
whos going???

jlhughes750
03-28-2006, 09:59 AM
nope....change of plan.:ermm:

pineway
03-28-2006, 05:15 PM
im going, ill be running 4 stroke B

Dale@AGP
03-28-2006, 05:16 PM
NEWS FLASH TUESDAY APRIL 28 2006 7:20pm
ROUND1
The Barnegat Grand Prix, Scheduled For Sunday April 2, 2006 is a GO!!!
Repeat...The Race is on...we have NJ Pinelands Approval!

Finishing the track this friday with the dozer!

Dale

President of New Jersey Off Highway Vehicle Association (NJOHVA) http://www.njohva.org

Director of Atlantic Grand Prix series http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com

LoneRacer
03-28-2006, 05:56 PM
My list so far,,,,,,,

1 Me
2 Dirt
3 Pompton Honda rider Howie
4 Dave G from LI
5 Quad o41
6 Scott B 1st time rider

my mabe list

1 John V
2 Steve LI
3 John Pearson

LoneRacer
03-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
nope....change of plan.:ermm:

You can't come out to play in the sand? :(

mxdad
03-29-2006, 02:53 AM
Would like us to run 50cc Quads?

I could create a class, the only reason was that up until this year New Jersey only allowed 7+ year olds.

For 2006 we can they changed the rules and now we can do 4 year olds.

If there's interest in the class we'll add it.

Dale

That is great that you will add classes if there is interest but actually it looks like we are going to sell the 50 and move him up to the 90cc class anyway. Hopefully we can make a few of your races.

QuadRacer041
03-30-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by LoneRacer

my mabe list

1 John V
2 Steve LI
3 John Pearson [/B]

yea riiiiiight....:D

im running A class biatch.

ex kid
04-03-2006, 07:23 AM
what did you guys think?

cdrookie
04-03-2006, 07:27 AM
ROUGH!

wish the scoring system was working, now how are we gonna ****** if the scores are messed up? maybe dale will post his phone# and we can all call and yell at him:devil:

ex kid
04-03-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by cdrookie
ROUGH!

wish the scoring system was working, now how are we gonna ****** if the scores are messed up? maybe dale will post his phone# and we can all call and yell at him:devil:

I was lined up to your right

cdrookie
04-03-2006, 09:43 AM
should've said something. you runnin open b or 4 stroke b?

pineway
04-03-2006, 10:30 AM
i ran B, what were u guys riding? The track was rough but fun. If there wasnt such a delay and the scoring wasnt messed up it wouldve been a great day.

ex kid
04-03-2006, 12:43 PM
4 stroke B. red 450R kicker with a Quadtech scoop hood and a Tag bumper. otherwise stock.

Comanche3Six
04-03-2006, 03:42 PM
What a great race!!!

Dale@AGP
04-03-2006, 07:55 PM
Hey guys, sorry about the scoring problem. We're working on it now and hope to have it up soon.

I just got in from breaking down the course an am soaked from all the rain, kind-of wished that we got the rain Saturday.

How did everyone like the course and what do you want to see in future events?

Again sorry for the scoring and start time delays.

Dale

QuadRacer041
04-04-2006, 06:06 AM
track was real fun, ruff and fast. great job dale. dont get too bummed out about starting late that happens everywhere. just get the scoring fixed and make sure its acurate.

lou

ex kid
04-04-2006, 07:20 AM
Hey guys, sorry about the scoring problem. We're working on it now and hope to have it up soon.

I just got in from breaking down the course an am soaked from all the rain, kind-of wished that we got the rain Saturday.

How did everyone like the course and what do you want to see in future events?

Again sorry for the scoring and start time delays.

Dale

I liked the track, my biggest complaint was the amount of time between the starts of the classes. I know that the track was short and you did not want the Pro class to be coming around as the last row was taking off, but 15 seconds is not long enough.

QuadRacer041
04-04-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by ex kid
I liked the track, my biggest complaint was the amount of time between the starts of the classes. I know that the track was short and you did not want the Pro class to be coming around as the last row was taking off, but 15 seconds is not long enough.

i agree, that was dangerous

Dale@AGP
04-04-2006, 10:24 AM
Still working on scoring...It's taking a lot more time than we thought.

I have to check with my scoring person about riders that might be in the wrong class, hope to have it up shortly.

On the starts, we're going with a full minute between rows and we're going to have less classes on the same starting line.

Again, thanks for coming out and supporting the series and sorry for the scoring problem.

Dale

pineway
04-04-2006, 10:59 AM
yeah i would defintely think about the way you have the classes lined up on the line, especially what classes you put on the same line.

Dale@AGP
04-05-2006, 07:46 AM
April 2 Atlantic Grand Prix race results are now posted.

Sorry for the delay, but results are now posted at http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com

Dale

President of New Jersey Off Highway Vehicle Association (NJOHVA) http://www.njohva.org

ex kid
04-05-2006, 09:11 AM
April 2 Atlantic Grand Prix race results are now posted.

Sorry for the delay, but results are now posted at http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com

Dale

Dale, just another suggestion that I hope you can look into. In District 6 as well as GNCC races all riders are given a colored tag for the back of your helmet with your barcode number and class color on it. it would make life easier for us because that way we know who we are racing/lapping and gives us an idea of where we are in our class if the electronic scoring stops working. its very difficult to see the small dot on the barcode when your following someone.

Comanche3Six
04-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Just read the results and saw my friend Ron Solewski #163 did very well and loved every minute of the race. Thanks for a great time!

Dale@AGP
04-05-2006, 07:33 PM
That's a great idea! I'll look into it before the next race,

Thanks
Dale

rpyfz450
04-07-2006, 09:44 AM
I like the idea of a full 60 seconds between starts, that's a good one.

I think there should be a riders meeting right before the race with nobody sitting on their bikes. Whatever you were announcing while we were staged couldn't be heard over the engines running.

I think the starts need to be more fair. I've been to a few hare scrambles now and there always seems to be an issue with the start.

I think you were saying it was a dead engine start and riders were to have their left hand on their helmets. If that's the case, maybe a course marshal should walk past all the riders on the line to enforce this. There were engines running all around me when there shouldn't have been.

It wasn't clear to everybody in the second blue row that we were supposed to start with the first blue row. I think only one row should start at a time. If I had known this earlier, I would have pushed and clawed my way to the first row before the race began. The second row was at a clear disadvantage.

The 60 seconds between starts might allieviate this, but I'm pretty certain I could have jumped the line and started with the rows ahead of me. Once the first row or two takes off, the dust cloud makes it difficult to spot cheaters. No only that, but without big number plates, it's nearly impossible for a course marshall to black flag a rider unless he clearly sees the small number on his decal.

One thing I always look forward to is buying a T-shirt and some action photos of myself in the race. Is either of these items available from the April 2nd event?

It would have been nice if there was some indication of the halfway point in the race just like there is for the last lap.

These are just suggestsions/observations and not complaints. I had a great time.

rpyfz450
04-07-2006, 02:31 PM
I saw a guy on trx450r almost loose it on the woop section maybe 30 seconds before the end of the race. Whoever that was, nice save!