PDA

View Full Version : Mechanical seal help

Cr85rRida
03-02-2006, 04:26 PM
Ok i know that the mech. seal is the problem for all the leaking. I have my clutch cover off and have removed the impeller and shaft. There also this other peice im not sure of pic included. Is this peice the mech. seal? if not that what is and how do i get to it. Itf it is then is this all i need to replace? heres the pic

matt250r21
03-02-2006, 04:32 PM
That is half of your mechanical seal, it press fits into the clutch cover. The other half is in the back of the impeller. I would say you should rebuild the whole pump. Mechanical seal, pump bearing, oil seal and washer. Check a parts list to see what you need.

Cr85rRida
03-02-2006, 04:35 PM
This peice in the pic, the inner rubber is like chiiped away. I guess thats why it was leaking? how do i know if the other half is in good contion and how the freak does that metal peice come out in the cover?

matt250r21
03-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Both pieces come new in a kit from Honda. Do not reuse 1 old half with new parts. The metal piece in the case can be pulled out, just grab it in the middle and pull. Do worry you will need to destroy it to get it out, just be careful of the aluminum were the new pump presses in. All these parts come in the mechanical seal kit new from Honda.