PDA

View Full Version : racing in the fingelakes, NY

TRX23rider
03-02-2006, 03:58 PM
does anyone know of any places to race either mx or xc races in the fingerlakes region or anywhere in upstate New york?

Thanks

wolffie
03-02-2006, 04:57 PM
hell, even short hare scrambes or little monthly races would be nice too! upstate NY sucks for racing, lol:D

TRX23rider
03-06-2006, 02:21 PM
come on someone has to know of some places to race!

EXevan91
03-06-2006, 02:55 PM
lol well theres a lil palce called southwoods but its not tha great at all but hey a race is a race... too far for u tho

TRX23rider
03-06-2006, 03:43 PM
about how far away is it?

hrc
03-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Hey trx23rider and wolffie what part of upstate ny are you from?

cgkurt
03-14-2006, 06:25 PM
Onondaga county here. Still looking for places to ride. And some people to ride with.

hrc
03-14-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by cgkurt
Onondaga county here. Still looking for places to ride. And some people to ride with.

Where is that ?

cgkurt
03-15-2006, 07:02 PM
It's syracuse area. Where are you upstate?

TRX23rider
03-17-2006, 09:42 AM
im from seneca county, its about 40mins from syracuse.

cgkurt
03-17-2006, 11:08 AM
I know where that is. I've been up that way a few times. Never to ride though. Is there a lot of off track places to ride up there ?

hrc
03-17-2006, 07:26 PM
Im from saratoga.

TRX23rider
03-17-2006, 07:35 PM
there isnt any tracks that i know of but i have found a couple of harescrambles that are going on this summer, but they are more towards western ny. other than the harescrambles there is a place called montezuma which is supposed to have some big trails but i have yet to check that out. most of the riding i do is at friends farms and woods.

remainincognito
03-19-2006, 11:26 AM
There is a track in Cohocton,NY for quad races. http://www.waylandbmx.com/

I'm in Livonia which is south of Rochester so If you know of any trail riding let me know.

TRX23rider
03-19-2006, 03:08 PM
that track looks pretty sweet. have you been there? how is it in real life? im definetly gonna have to look into that!

wolffie
03-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Down in Watkins Glenn NY, there is an MX track called rocky roost. i think they were in DW once (they have a webiste i believe)

anyways, i walked that track and it wasnt too bad. they had a couple of decent sized jumps, and HUGE banked corners (like 8feet tall!) but rather than that, it was poorly maintained, and everything was single file (meaning you really couldnt "race" on it)

i think it cost like $10 or $20 a day which isnt bad, but Montezuma was like $20 for a whole year:eek2: that would be mostly trails though

bardeenm1
03-20-2006, 10:45 AM
You should post this question possible in the racing section. Their are a bunch of D3 and D4 racers on the forum that would be able to fill you in. Also look into the AMA for specific D3 and D4 schedules. as for other info try any of these sites.

http://www.ride-ny.com/
http://www.nyriders.com
http://www.trailpass.com/

As for riding and hare scrambles you shouldn't have a problem finding those look into tughill riders and Nytro and a few of those riding groups.
Salamanca is about an hour south of Buffalo they have numerous harescrambles.
Area 51 MX is also building an ATV MX track and will have MX riding on Tuesdays. Drop me a PM if you ever want to head to Area 51.

ciscorc
03-23-2006, 04:50 PM
there is a sweet practice track open to the public in savannah ny check out the web site at rrkreations.com

DieselTech
03-23-2006, 08:42 PM
remianingincognito - where in Livonia? Do you go to school there? I used to live there, but moved to Avon

bardeenm1 - yes, there are a few tracks our way, like Area 51, Rushford MX, etc. But aside from private property, there's not much for trailriding. Lots of trails for snowmobilers.......but not for us.

remainincognito
03-23-2006, 09:55 PM
TRX23RIDER
Yes I've been there. My son raced his pw50 there last year. Not a bad track, I was there on a bad day (weather sucked). Had alot of fun though and I havn't ridden there myself.

DieselTech

I just built a new house on Commercial St by the old Champion knit but on opposite side of road. I went to school in honeoye. Do you know where to ride in our area?

elbine69
03-24-2006, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by TRX23rider
that track looks pretty sweet. have you been there? how is it in real life? im definetly gonna have to look into that!
The cohocton track is a great track when its nice out. Its also a great place for spectators because they can see the whole track

DieselTech
03-24-2006, 04:32 PM
remainingincognito - actually, no, I really don't. The only places that I've ridden in our area is Suicide Hill behind Surefine and out off of the old railroad tracks near Pennemite Rd. Where are there other places to ride?

remainincognito
03-26-2006, 11:22 AM
How do you get to this suicide hill and the railroad tracks from my location? Is it safe to ride without getting into any trouble? Other places to ride, I have no idea.

Do you have places to ride in Avon?

DieselTech
03-26-2006, 04:46 PM
For Suicide Hill, just go behind Shurfine in to the open field there. You will see the trails from there. Suicide Hill is to the left - actually, the property right there next to the funeral home (it's like a big dip) is where the hill is. I've ridden there many times and never had a problem - I really have no idea who owns it. It does get boring fast though - but so does any small area to ride in.

The railroad tracks are a little more complicated to get to, and again, not really much of a big deal to ride on. There is a track off of it, but someone owns that land and may not be appreciative of it being ridden on w/o permission.

I know of no other places to ride, in Livonia or Avon. I have been to Rushford MX track in Rushford (southern tier), but you have to pay.