PDA

View Full Version : looking for plush suspension.

Lorduss
07-19-2002, 11:59 PM
hey
ive been considering getting a nice set of shocks and arms
id like some real plush suspension without going with the expensive baja kits.
but so far ive only looked at gibson.
i do alot of mixed riding, dunes, track, not so much trail,
i was looking at some houser long travels but they only have +3 inches with the 19 inch shock lenghe, i was prefering 2 because it would make my front and rear about equel. ive heard people say +3 is to wide, when does it become to wide ? imean,like the commerical says, wider is better.
i like going after bigger and bigger jumps so id like some thing tough.

who else makes baja kits besides gibson ?
ive never done baja but its some thing i might do in the future.

T-R-X
07-20-2002, 04:18 AM
I had a choice of Roll, Gibson, Lagear, and Lonestar. To me it sounded like gibson offered the best arms. So i went with gibson a-arms +3 and axis shocks. You have to use 4+1 rims. This brings you exactly at 50 inches. Ive raced about 5 races with this set up now, and im alot faster than i was last year.

T-R-X
07-20-2002, 04:25 AM
go here http://www.geocities.com/hondatrx1988250r
there are pic of the arms . I cant post any pics for some reason.

cdalejef
07-22-2002, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Lorduss
hey
ive been considering getting a nice set of shocks and arms
id like some real plush suspension without going with the expensive baja kits.
but so far ive only looked at gibson.
i do alot of mixed riding, dunes, track, not so much trail,
i was looking at some houser long travels but they only have +3 inches with the 19 inch shock lenghe, i was prefering 2 because it would make my front and rear about equel. ive heard people say +3 is to wide, when does it become to wide ? imean,like the commerical says, wider is better.
Hey Lorduss, Houser makes +1, +2, and +3 for 19 " shocks. I am running the +1 arms with 19" Elka's they work great, nice and plush for woods but also handle big jumps very well.