PDA

View Full Version : others with yoshi pipe. does yours glow bright red?

benbuilt4u
03-02-2006, 12:48 PM
i put on yoshi exhaust this morning with the CB and just started it. ran it 3 minutes and noticed the pipe changing colors. so i turned off the lights in the shop. WOW this thing was bright red!! looked like a turbo manifold after some really hard runs. and it was idling no gas. does anyone else have this problem?

Colby@C&DRacing
03-02-2006, 01:04 PM
some headpipes will glow about 6-8" back from the head but it you are getting more than that you may need to remap it and fuel on the bottom.

benbuilt4u
03-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
some headpipes will glow about 6-8" back from the head but it you are getting more than that you may need to remap it and fuel on the bottom.

yeah its 6-8" from the head out. just seems like they have it lean then. i have the CB mod i figured it be richer.

on a side note i just rode it with exhaust,CB,no lid and it is insane fast i hit in first at almost readline and it stood up in the front. this thing will easily kill anything around here cant imagine it with 18's in the rear.

AceLtz
03-02-2006, 01:48 PM
I also have just the yosh and the cherry bomb. my header doesnt glow at all. Even at night, not any sign of it starting to glow

jfarrar30
03-02-2006, 03:31 PM
mine glows at an idle.im in ohio close to the same climate as you.it also seems lean waaaay up top but everything in between it seems ok.not perfect but safe.i did a plug check wot and it was tan and one at an idle and it was white.dont let it idle alot and you'll be fine till the ems are available.i also think when it wams up a little t will be better to seems like the warmer guys arent having the same issues

mxmike17
03-02-2006, 06:14 PM
My stock pipe will glow if you let it idle awhile from the head to about 6 inches back. Once I take off it cools off.

My mods are CB, no air box lid and no baffel insert.

benbuilt4u
03-03-2006, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by mxmike17
My stock pipe will glow if you let it idle awhile from the head to about 6 inches back. Once I take off it cools off.

My mods are CB, no air box lid and no baffel insert.

yeah if it idles its red. didnt check after riding it. i figure there should be some compansation for that.

bwamos
03-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by benbuilt4u
i put on yoshi exhaust this morning with the CB and just started it. ran it 3 minutes and noticed the pipe changing colors. so i turned off the lights in the shop. WOW this thing was bright red!! looked like a turbo manifold after some really hard runs. and it was idling no gas. does anyone else have this problem?

I beleive your running lean withthe cherry bomb + yosh. The cherry-bomb is designed for an uncorked stock pipe w/o lid.

You need the EMS Cube to get the correct mapping for the yoshimura pipe from what I've read on the yoshimura site.

benbuilt4u
03-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
I beleive your running lean withthe cherry bomb + yosh. The cherry-bomb is designed for an uncorked stock pipe w/o lid.

You need the EMS Cube to get the correct mapping for the yoshimura pipe from what I've read on the yoshimura site.

yoshi has said it would be fine with just the chip. apperantly there just trying to sell there products.

03-03-2006, 06:50 PM
Even though it does glow red, someone did a plug check after noticing the glowing and said it was perfect.

So the glowing isnt from the mixture being to lean

jfarrar30
03-03-2006, 07:43 PM
yosh also tyold me all there headpipes glow.lot to do with the meterial i think.

coryatver
03-03-2006, 10:10 PM
The stock tires are 18's :D

cant imagine it with 18's in the rear.

coryatver
03-03-2006, 10:11 PM
and all the cherry bomb is a resister they are like 2 cents:huh I guess there out to make a quick buck just like White bros with the xr250 rev box for the 400ex. Double the price and scratch WB in it:rolleyes:

Quadprorider
03-04-2006, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by jfarrar30
yosh also tyold me all there headpipes glow.lot to do with the meterial i think.

My race buddy has a Yoshi on his YFZ and it glows too. So I would say that they told you right?

benbuilt4u
03-04-2006, 03:28 PM
heres a pic after 2 minutes of idling sorry its blurry i had to use high speed picture to capture it.

http://www.europartsinc.com/images/honda/redhot.jpg

spudss
03-04-2006, 04:03 PM
WOW that is crazy.. I have seen pipes glow but not that bad..

Speed_MDS2
03-04-2006, 10:16 PM
heres a pic after 2 minutes of idling sorry its blurry i had to use high speed picture to capture it.

That looks a little to red to me. :ermm:

jfarrar30
03-05-2006, 11:18 AM
does it go away if you rev it?mine will glow but if i blip the throttle it will not.my suggestion would be to not let it idle till you get it corrected.i let mine idle when i first start it long enough to let it warm a little and get the oil flowing then ill blip the throttle ever so often and never let it idle for more than like 30 seconds.i cant wait formy fimak to get here to get rid of it

jfarrar30
03-05-2006, 11:21 AM

at first i thought it was because it looked like a fire cracker but maybe thats why they call it the ''cherry bomb''

benbuilt4u
03-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by jfarrar30
at first i thought it was because it looked like a fire cracker but maybe thats why they call it the ''cherry bomb''

maybe, but my pipe is a noticible purple color and staying that way. im gonna have to call yoshi