PDA

View Full Version : plastic restoring?

k2fueled
03-02-2006, 12:46 PM
i was just getting ready buy new black plastics for my 450r, black seems to scuff easily. Then i heard that there was someting to restore you plastics with, where do i find this product?does it work well? how much does it cost?

4TraxRider
03-02-2006, 02:50 PM
http://www.pcracingusa.com/plasticrenew.php

Never used it, but I heard that you can't pressure wash it or somthing, but again, no personal experience. That's the website though.

bozz
03-02-2006, 03:23 PM
i tried the plastic renew it's two steps worked ok'' but it's easier to just spray it with hotshot supershine tire and plastice spray from mequiers i think it's spelled that way let it soak and wip it off looks like new but you have to respray it every time you wash it hope that helps!

hrc
03-02-2006, 04:37 PM
The stuff works great untill you wash you plastic. YOu have to keep putting their product on to keep them looking nice. Just use armor all and clean the plastic then spray pledge on it and let it sit dont buff it or aany thing. In a hour or so you will have a great shine.

#8red
03-04-2006, 01:20 AM
finally I can give someone some GREAT advice - don't EVER use that junk - I used it on my old plastics - just like they said - and spent hours sanding ansd sanding - applied- like a few coats - buffed w/ steelwool - looked great - - - if you put a sticker on it - if ya' p. wash- it'll come right off - and take the product off the plstk. with it - leaving a perfect mark of where the sticker used to be (and ya' can't just re-apply area - goes on like a clearcoat) - if ya' use something like greasedlightnin' to clean yer' bike now - it will eat the stuff off the plstk. - if ya' spill brakefluid when you bleed the front brakes at all - it eats it - and if ya' scratch it - like a branch - or where yer' boot rubs - it scratches thru the coat and leaves a mark untill ya' re-sand & re-coat the whole piece ( hrs of work - and ya' have to buy more of it to re-do it) - I have my old plstk. and won't even sell it to anyone because it looks like crap and they would have to deal w/ it - - - finally got to warn someone about that stuff - I'd use somethin like armor-all - the bike shops sell stuff called "proprep" by silkoleene in a spraycan that's pretty sweet - and not sticky or anything - works great - hope I've helped

Sjorge450R
03-04-2006, 07:12 PM
I just got done using Plastic Renew on my 300ex. I will NEVER use it again. It looks real good, but it looks the same as it did before when i sprayed tire shine on it :mad: . And it is a complete waste of time. Just put some stickers on it, following with some tire shine and RIDE!!!

k2fueled
03-06-2006, 09:18 AM
thanks for all the help sounds like that stuff is a waste of money unless you are planning on not ever using your bike again,lol.Saved me some cash and lord knows i can use a little extra.
thanks,
Colin