PDA

View Full Version : Jetting question

adavis4
03-02-2006, 11:36 AM
I just put a yoshimura rse full exhaust on my 06 400ex and i took the air box lid off. i am still currently using the stock filter. I jetted the card with the 170 jet. I think it is running rich though, it has fouled out one plug so far, the plug was really black when i removed it. it runs fine with a new plug in it, but should i be worried about it running rich. if so how do i fix this prob?

thanks
adam

underpowered
03-02-2006, 12:00 PM
rich wont hurt anything than rob a little power and foul plugs. it will actually help keep it a little cooler. you could rejet, but if it doesnt bog on top end, i would leave it.

04'400ex'er
03-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by adavis4
I just put a yoshimura rse full exhaust on my 06 400ex and i took the air box lid off. i am still currently using the stock filter. I jetted the card with the 170 jet. I think it is running rich though, it has fouled out one plug so far, the plug was really black when i removed it. it runs fine with a new plug in it, but should i be worried about it running rich. if so how do i fix this prob?

thanks
adam Richness wont hurt anything, just keep an extra plug with you. I usually just richen the main a size at a time until it bogs, then back off a size and leave it alone.

adavis4
03-03-2006, 08:24 AM
thanks......it doesnt bog down at all, actually it runs really good. thanks for the help