PDA

View Full Version : Little Sahara - March 10-12, Who's Coming?

RedRacer44
03-02-2006, 11:12 AM
We should try and get an ATVRiders ride together on saturday or something if everyone is game? I posted the other Little Sahara thread but I wanted to narrow it down a bit for this specific date...

We will probably be in the North Campground, preferably Cowboy Camp in a '04 Dodge Cummins 4-Door 4x4 (black/silver) w/ a white v-nosed enclosed trailer that has "Chance Maxville #44" splashed down the side of it. I should have around 6-10 people with me hopefully. A couple 450Rs, 400EX, and a 250R will be with me for sure....along with anyone else I drag down there!

Look for me on the dunes too....white '06 450ER with JH Racing graphics, #44 of course....

426ex
03-02-2006, 11:17 AM
We were down last weekend (2/26-2/27) and the north camp was completely closed. Are you sure it will be open the 10th?

RedRacer44
03-02-2006, 03:50 PM
No I did not know that......hmm, hopefully they'll have them open. There's no way they're gonna fit the Spring Break crowd in just the south campground. No way!

1BADYFZ
03-02-2006, 04:06 PM
alot of us yfzers will be down there the 22-26th

kssandduner
03-02-2006, 05:25 PM
I just read on waynoka.com that the north campground will be open march 1st. We should be down there on the 10th, probably in the evening. We'll be camping in cowboy loop.

Joe

RedRacer44
03-09-2006, 11:16 AM
We are leaving today for Little Sahara.....anyone who's there over this weekend (March 10-12)....stop by if ya see me and say whats up.....

The dunes are calling....I'm out!

DaleJrFan
03-10-2006, 10:17 AM
We are leaving tonight around midnight or so, just too make sure we get a camp spot for tommorow.

See ya up there!

Steve

J_bob_28
03-11-2006, 10:23 AM
leaving early sunday morning to get down there around noon........hopefully there will be places to park

Titanium
03-11-2006, 10:34 AM
well i was gonna be down this weekend:grr: :ermm: but i don't have the money to get down there this time cus my o2 sensors went out on my truck and i got to replace em.:grr:

danhung11
03-11-2006, 11:21 PM
Anyone know what the campgrounds going to do with all the folks that show up for Rattlesnake weekend? I was down there last year and the North Campground was a zoo. I went down for Sandfest, and the whole three mile road was tied off with steel cable. What's up with that? Anyone have the 411?

DaleJrFan
03-12-2006, 08:29 AM
They blocked off the road to keep from having a huge crowd in the North campground. 2 years ago,(at Snakehunt), they let all those people camp on road leading into the camp ground and it was extremely packed from the gate all the way to the trail that leads to town. There was a bad accident out on the dunes and it took a ambulance 1 hour to go from the highway to the gate to pick the kid up due to all the traffic(quad and trucks)packed in on the road. So to prevent more traffic jams that would hold up emergency vechiles, they blocked off the road and will not allow any camping there now. I talked to the park ranger there after they put all that up last year and he said if you want to particpate in Sandfest or Snakehunt, get there early to get a spot cause they would ask you to pack up and leave if you try to camp along side the road. They are trying to promote more people to come year round rather than just on big weekends.