PDA

View Full Version : help!

blakefoote
03-02-2006, 06:29 AM
ok, i crashed today pretty hard. I have a 400ex..what happened was the throtle got (wide open) stuck rite after one of my doubles, and i hit the next double... I cased the next double and pretty much turned a backflip and broke numbers of things...I took everything off that was broke and tried to crank it and when we cranked it it ran wide open and we werent even touching the throtle ...thats where we got lost, so we tried opening up the throtle thing and put WD-40 in it and pumped it a lil, and tried to set te idle on it, no luck yet, anyone have any clue what this could be?

2muchquad
03-02-2006, 06:33 AM
probably an air leak,make sure the carb is completely seated on the intake boot

blakefoote
03-02-2006, 06:40 AM
hey that really could be the problem b/c i had to take the hoes off of it the day before...woh thanX

desertrats
03-02-2006, 09:41 AM
take the black cover on the rigth side of the carb and see if that spring is stuck holding the throttle open. and when was teh last time you replaced the throttle cable and when did you lube it last?

blakefoote
03-02-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by desertrats
take the black cover on the rigth side of the carb and see if that spring is stuck holding the throttle open. and when was teh last time you replaced the throttle cable and when did you lube it last?

never replaced it, i lube it pretty regular but havent been doin it as much lately, but i lubed it rite after the crash and it didnt help any...:ermm:

blakefoote
03-02-2006, 05:35 PM
ok i got it...long story...but i tightened my idle way too much last week and it broke a lil lever down in the carb and the lil lever was jingling around in there and it got hung under my lever that lets the gas into the carb...so we got the piece out and rigged it a lil and now we are praying all of the other parts come in...

03-02-2006, 08:04 PM
did you check the cable going into the carb
where it hooks to carb

lol how can i make that sound right lol

coolex
03-02-2006, 09:26 PM
throttle cable linkage system:macho

coolex
03-02-2006, 09:27 PM
aka the thingy magige on the who dicky

blakefoote
03-03-2006, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by coolex
aka the thingy magige on the who dicky

haha im the same way. me and my dad were workin on it and I was like," hey dad i think you need totighten the hoo-dickey and loosein the thing-bob"...haha

wolffie
03-03-2006, 02:15 PM
lmao!

i had this same problem, and the little spring that sits above the needle and holds the diaphragmn was lose! it wouldnt move the slide, and the machine was running WOT! the funny thing was, i was jetting my quad and was waiting for my slip on to come. i figured i would just start it up to see if it idled (oh, and it did) and when i turned it on, it was wide open coming right out of the header:eek2: i thought my ear drums were bleeding, lol:D stupid hurts!

EXevan91
03-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by wolffie
lmao!

i had this same problem, and the little spring that sits above the needle and holds the diaphragmn was lose! it wouldnt move the slide, and the machine was running WOT! the funny thing was, i was jetting my quad and was waiting for my slip on to come. i figured i would just start it up to see if it idled (oh, and it did) and when i turned it on, it was wide open coming right out of the header:eek2: i thought my ear drums were bleeding, lol:D stupid hurts!
^
l

true dat