PDA

View Full Version : Knuckles been hurting..

Punk'd
03-01-2006, 11:21 PM
My pinkey knuckle has been hurting for quite some time now.
I work out.. Punch the bag..etc and it swells up easy and hurts when I touch it.

Its almost like my whole pinkey bone in my hand is sore.

Why wont it heal?

JOEX
03-01-2006, 11:29 PM
Mine hurts at times too but it's because of this...

nowukno
03-01-2006, 11:59 PM
LOL , i'd chop that off. j/k

Honda4trax250x
03-02-2006, 05:04 AM
My guess is because its your knuckle... part of your hand, therefore you are constatntly moving it, its never getting the chance to heal... it will heal, but very slowly. Dont rush back into punching the bag until its been better for quite some time.

Rico
03-02-2006, 05:23 AM
My nephew stuck his finger in a running shrub trimmer last night and cut one of his fingers off, so dry it up sally...:o

tuefelhunden
03-02-2006, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by Punk'd
My pinkey knuckle has been hurting for quite some time now.
I work out.. Punch the bag..etc and it swells up easy and hurts when I touch it.

Its almost like my whole pinkey bone in my hand is sore.

Why wont it heal?

It's because when you are punchin, you are hooking too much. You will find if you concentrate on throwing your punches straight in front of you instead of across your body this will fix it. You have to move around the bag and get the target in front of you. If you got in a fight and punched the way you are right now you would prolly brake the bones in your hand that attach to your pinky finger. Don't throw haymakers all the time either.:macho

jrd426
03-02-2006, 05:59 AM
my right pinky is all jacked up just like yours.its totally flat,no curve at all.got it from laying some dude out in a bar for spilling a beer on my girlfriends shirt because she had a white t-shirt on and no bra.if its your right hand,start punching dude's with the left.most people dont expect the left til its in their eye.

Hon300ex
03-02-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by jrd426
my right pinky is all jacked up just like yours.its totally flat,no curve at all.got it from laying some dude out in a bar for spilling a beer on my girlfriends shirt because she had a white t-shirt on and no bra.if its your right hand,start punching dude's with the left.most people dont expect the left til its in their eye.

lmao!!

Racing Rice
03-02-2006, 09:36 AM
Maybe you fractured your knuckle by punching on the bag. It wouldn't be the first time I've heard of that happen. Do you tape and wear gloves?

Honda TRX250ex
03-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Mine hurts at times too but it's because of this...
I was eating when i saw that...

@Bad465EX
03-02-2006, 11:14 AM
you could have cracked a bone. just a hairline crack could cause a measureable amount of pain.. i had a cracked filange joint.

Mxjunkie
03-02-2006, 11:23 AM
Start throwing some differnt punches, Last fight I got into I did a hook and I f'ed my ring finger and pinky up SO bad lmao, they hurt for atleast a week or more.

Do you tape up your nuckles etc when your hitting the bag?

FMF450R
03-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Problem is......you dont know how to PUNCH!! When you throw hands, you should be making contact with your index finger & middle finger knuckles. Especially if your throwing straights. When your knuckles align with the wrist & elbow, you get the most power with the least amount of injuries. Since you hurt your pinky knuckles, the punches are not landing properly. Luckily you are hitting a bag and not someone's head.

Now....go take a boxing class.

coolex
03-02-2006, 01:21 PM
my freind is an idiot and flipped his bike over and peadled it really fast to move the chain and stuck his hand in between the chain and the sprocket and nowhes 2 digits down so be thank full u got it still there

Punk'd
03-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by FMF450R
Problem is......you dont know how to PUNCH!! When you throw hands, you should be making contact with your index finger & middle finger knuckles. Especially if your throwing straights. When your knuckles align with the wrist & elbow, you get the most power with the least amount of injuries. Since you hurt your pinky knuckles, the punches are not landing properly. Luckily you are hitting a bag and not someone's head.

Now....go take a boxing class.

Dont know how to punch? Sorry buddy your wrong on this one
Its people like you who need to stay out of fourms. Im asking a question and your being an ***.

I took karate and am pretty much a black belt. So yes, I do know how to punch. I dont punch with my pinkey. So this is not why it hurts all the time.

The pain is always there even when I dont hit the bag for a while :ermm:

Punk'd
03-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by tuefelhunden
It's because when you are punchin, you are hooking too much. You will find if you concentrate on throwing your punches straight in front of you instead of across your body this will fix it. You have to move around the bag and get the target in front of you. If you got in a fight and punched the way you are right now you would prolly brake the bones in your hand that attach to your pinky finger. Don't throw haymakers all the time either.:macho

:p Believe me man.. Iv been in my share of fights. Id say im doing it right;)

I bet its the fact I dont give it time to heal.. It just takes so long and I dont like not working out for a long period of time.

FMF450R
03-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Solution for haymakers = shoot the takedown, then.....GROUND & POUND!!

Smash down with elbows = painless knuckles.

coolex
03-02-2006, 02:20 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

FMF450R
03-02-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by coolex
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

This is bc your not a fighter. :D Watch some UFC on Spike TV. :blah:

Quad Boy 660r
03-02-2006, 07:56 PM
I'll go with the "hairline fracture/not giving your hand time to heal properly" theory.

Give it time, I guess.

SGA
03-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Stop wanking so much or switch hands more often:o

Punk'd
03-02-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Stop wanking so much or switch hands more often:o

:p Once I get going with the right, its hard to stop:D

JOEX
03-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Dont know how to punch? Sorry buddy your wrong on this one
Its people like you who need to stay out of fourms. Im asking a question and your being an ***.

I took karate and am pretty much a black belt. So yes, I do know how to punch. I dont punch with my pinkey. So this is not why it hurts all the time.

The pain is always there even when I dont hit the bag for a while :ermm:
How much punching is there in karate?

For a couple of months after I dislocated my pinky it would ache anytime it got cold even if I wasn't doing anything with it. It didn't hurt at all at the actual time of the injury but the healing time had some very painful times.

I bet you have some sort of injury inside that needs some time to heal. Just be careful with it for awhile.

JOEX
03-02-2006, 10:54 PM
:p Once I get going with the right, its hard to stop:D
Try the stranger method:macho

FMF450R
03-03-2006, 12:14 PM

:D :D :D

SGA
03-03-2006, 12:36 PM
Try the stranger method:macho

Or you can put a rubber band around your wrist and your hand goes numb.

I hear its like getting some strange :p

Its a joke! Nobody go try it;)

Mxjunkie
03-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Or you can put a rubber band around your wrist and your hand goes numb.

I hear its like getting some strange :p

Its a joke! Nobody go try it;)

:eek2:

Punk'd
03-03-2006, 01:11 PM

We acually punched pretty much. It was like Tae quan doe (sp?).
Also my dad was great at boxing, growing up he's taught me alot so I really dont respect anyone like FMF450R telling me I cant punch and making fun of me.

You must really have a life if your making fun of someone over the internet?

I miss the old days on this site where you could post and not get flamed..

FMF450R stay out of my thread and PM box because your an ***. Your the type of person who turns this site into something no one ever wanted it to be.

FMF450R
03-03-2006, 02:04 PM
still laughing........

:D :macho :D

Punk'd
03-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by FMF450R
still laughing........

:D :macho :D

Laugh all you want. Because im laughing at the fact your running FMF on your 450r:p

MOFO
03-03-2006, 02:47 PM
We acually punched pretty much. It was like Tae quan doe (sp?).

FYI its Tae Kwon Do

Punk'd
03-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
FYI its Tae Kwon Do

Thank you, Thats what I was looking for.

Also why I put (sp?):)