View Full Version : plastic "bolts" or whatever you call them

DieselBoy
03-01-2006, 10:50 PM
you know those dumb plastic "rivets" or "bolts' , their black, that hold the plastics together? (tank cover-to-tank shrouds)do you have to order them from honda or will automotive ones do the trick? I imagine honda wants to bend me over for even something like that.

that would be totally gay if i had to order them.

55belair
03-02-2006, 04:17 AM
my honda dealer stocked them, and they where pretty cheap maybe 5 bucks for a dozen. although i'm sure if you can find the right size the car ones would work just the same.

wheeltrax
03-02-2006, 09:12 AM
I tried the car ones and they worked for a little while, but they vibrated out when the plastic flexes.

Honda#4
03-02-2006, 09:19 AM
there called pop rivets just so u know.

PismoLocal
03-02-2006, 10:55 AM
My local honda dealer has them for 35 cents each.

Chino886
03-02-2006, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
you know those dumb plastic "rivets" or "bolts' , their black, that hold the plastics together? (tank cover-to-tank shrouds)do you have to order them from honda or will automotive ones do the trick? I imagine honda wants to bend me over for even something like that.

that would be totally gay if i had to order them.

Send me a PM and I will give you some, not new but good used....

The guy I got them from made me promise that I would help someone else out.....

underpowered
03-02-2006, 11:13 AM
the auto ones that work the best are fender clips from newer nissan vehicles. We stock them at the shop i work at, we charge .50 ea., but retail from honda is $1 ea. the Nissan ones are identical to honda ones and slightly cheaper.

bradrenea
03-02-2006, 01:41 PM
I got some from Lowe's. They have been on my quad for a couple years and have not fallen off.