PDA

View Full Version : Where to Race IN Arizona??

SandShark400
03-01-2006, 09:53 PM
I was wondering where to start racing in ARIZONA. I need help.. so help

CannondaleRider
03-01-2006, 10:52 PM
What form of racing are you wanting to do?

Desert?...only thing in Arizona in that area is Whiplash, and they arn't very organized most of the time. But, its all there is for local desert racing.

Some of the tracks are pretty fun. Usually 3-5 25 mile loops, sometimes more.

WhiplashRacing.com (http://www.whiplashracing.com/)

Motocross?...There are a few choices. ITP Quadcross will be coming to Arizona for 3 races. Arizona Cycle Park, on the 1st or 2nd of April, and Speedworld on the 24th of June, and the 23rd of September.

You also could race the AMX(Arizona Motocross Series), which is all Arizona(obviously) MX races...Heres the complete 2006 Schedule.

-2006 Arizona Motocross Racing Series(AMX)
AMX Round 1; Verde Valley - January 22
AMX Round 2; Ocotillo - January 29
AMX Round 3; Speedworld - Febuary 12
AMX Round 4; Ocotillo - Febuary 26
AMX Round 5; Verde Valley - March 5
AMX Round 6; Speedworld - March 12
AMX Round 7; Verde Valley - April 2
AMX Round 8; Ocotillo - April 23
AMX Round 9; Speedworld - June 12
AMX Round 10; Verde Valley - September 3
AMX Round 11; Ocotillo - September 17
AMX Round 12; Speedworld - September 30
AMX Round 13; Ocotillo - October 8
AMX Round 14; Verde Valley - October 22
AMX Round 15; Speedworld - October 29
AMX Round 16; Verde Valley - November 12
AMX Round 17; Ocotillo - November 19
AMX Round 18; Speedworld - November 25
AMX Round 19; Speedworld - November 26

Also, WORCS(World Off Road Championship Series) is having a race the weekend after next in Lake Havasu..WORCS Round 3; March 10-12. Very fun race, but very physically demanding.

WORCSracing.com (http://atv.worcsracing.com)

Hope that helps a little bit

SandShark400
03-02-2006, 04:39 PM
well i heard that there were atv races locally at "ET" or something like that. Its off of ironwood or something

CannondaleRider
03-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Yeah, ET Motorpark(along those lines)

Never been there. But I heard from a riding buddy of mine that there is a race there on Saturday...don't know much about it though

400grl
03-03-2006, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by SandShark400
well i heard that there were atv races locally at "ET" or something like that. Its off of ironwood or something

Yes, there is a race this Saturday at ET - we will actually be out there practicing on the Vet track on Saturday - ET runs a pretty decent race program - the track is interesting sometimes, though......sometimes it's fun, sometimes it sucks.....

AMX runs probably the smoothest and best race program in the State - and any AMX race at Speedworld usually had a good quad turnout......

You can ride at Speedworld, COP, ET Motopark, or Motogrande - those are the closest tracks........that allow quads.....

Check out www.gomxracing.com for all the local AZ track / racing info! :)

SandShark400
03-04-2006, 08:18 PM
thanks so much for the track info!!!!!!!!!

Ex'r Marlin
03-05-2006, 10:00 PM
There is also a WORCS series race this coming Saturday and Sunday in Lake Havasu City, Arizona for quads... Also Spring Break week!:eek: :D