PDA

View Full Version : Check this anti-off roading forum out!

Matt37
03-01-2006, 08:39 PM
It is pretty funny going through this forum listening to these people.

http://www.orvwatch.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=74769b68545b138b0b06a6444f209b62

03-01-2006, 08:43 PM
It's a shame people that act irresponsibly on ATV's like that **** it up for the rest of us.

Titanium
03-01-2006, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
It's a shame people that act irresponsibly on ATV's like that **** it up for the rest of us.

don't forget tho some of the ppl on that sight are probably exageratin a bunch like normal atv haters. that way i look at it is that they're jealous of the fun we have :devil:

Mxjunkie
03-01-2006, 08:47 PM
It's 1:34 am, and I'm in the middle of an all night siege of my neighborhood by a meth powered motorhead on an ATV. Since I can't

Boo... fin.. woo..

bluebaron
03-01-2006, 08:48 PM
i guess we're all meth powered motorheads on ATVs :huh

fast_enough
03-01-2006, 08:49 PM
They have their right for having that, but reading some of the stuff they posted really ticks me off. I'm not going to join there forum and complain at some of there statements, because I would hate them for doing that to this forum. But read this, this is a random post I copied.

If I can hear your ORV and/or see the cloud of dust, u r not riding responsibly. It's just that simple.

Where r those *thousands* using the JV ORV park? I've gone there many w/e's and found it deserted while the residential areas in the Basin were under siege.

I think I'll just buy a house next to the ORV park. That seems to be the one place I won't have to deal with the awful noise, air pollution and dust.

FWIW to all of u *responsible* ORV'rs, have u any idea how much air pollution those things spew?

4oorider
03-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight

just like when those 5 guys i think, they drove on a country club golf course, that just puts a huge burden on our backs

and to fast_enough's post, air pollution, if you wanna talk air pollution just look at semis and deisels, i have no problem with them what-so-ever, its just some people are just too b****y

Ralph
03-01-2006, 08:52 PM
lookout they have 35 members...

fast_enough
03-01-2006, 08:54 PM
I signed up, I'm gonna express my opinions as sutile(sp) as possible. I'm not gonna try to be rude

Titanium
03-01-2006, 08:55 PM
"They said that you'd have to drive a 2 yo car 138,000 MILES to produce as much pollution as running a 2 stroke engine for TWO HOURS. " this can't be right!!! or is it?!

03-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Titanium
"They said that you'd have to drive a 2 yo car 138,000 MILES to produce as much pollution as running a 2 stroke engine for TWO HOURS. " this can't be right!!! or is it?! No, that's not true. It couldn't be.

fast_enough
03-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by 4oorider
and to fast_enough's post, air pollution, if you wanna talk air pollution just look at semis and deisels, i have no problem with them what-so-ever, its just some people are just too b****y

Thats what I'm saying, is there a way we can get a graph to compare, a normal vehicle compared to a ORV, and how much pollution they put out. What would be the difference in them?
I'm sure "some" people on that site drive vehicles.

fast_enough
03-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Just where is that *majority* of off roaders who are polite and courtteous anyway? And is there one out there who is sober?

Feeling the need to vent today, have had a terrible bout w/bronchitis for 2 wks now, the ORV dust really does not facilitate recovery . . .

The ORV dust, that really made me laugh. It makes me mad how they Star around majority

TacomaNC4X4
03-01-2006, 09:28 PM
its just a bunch of tree huggin hippie crap. those people piss me off, always worring about the enviroment and polution that people riding off road cause. then damn hippies do nuthing but complain. if they had it their way we would all be amish.

fast_enough
03-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Dont get me started with amish, I have them as neighbors. There not as much as saints as there cracked up to be. They are in my garage everyday to use the phone. One time they tried leaving ice cream in our freezer in the garage without telling us, and we ate it.

JOEX
03-01-2006, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by fast_enough
I signed up, I'm gonna express my opinions as sutile(sp) as possible. I'm not gonna try to be rude
If you or anyone else decides to go over there and 'get involved' please be courtious and respectful.

Going over there and stirring the pot will only cast more uneccessary and undeserving negative light on our hobby.

Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

I don't mean to single you out fast_enough;)

TacomaNC4X4
03-01-2006, 09:41 PM
im not talkin **** about the amish, im just sayin the damn hippies dont want us to drive cars, dont want us to cut trees, dont want us to hunt, what the hell do they want us to do? they can live how they want to but im gonna continue driving my 4wheeler, my 12mpg car and my truck, and if a hippie says something to me about it then f*ck em. i dont care!

03-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by fast_enough
Dont get me started with amish, I have them as neighbors. There not as much as saints as there cracked up to be. They are in my garage everyday to use the phone. One time they tried leaving ice cream in our freezer in the garage without telling us, and we ate it. Dude Amish chicks are total freaks! Keeping them on the farm is only effective till they start sneeking out:eek: Most of them are kinda ugly, but i've found a few hot ones.

NacsMXer
03-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Titanium
"They said that you'd have to drive a 2 yo car 138,000 MILES to produce as much pollution as running a 2 stroke engine for TWO HOURS. " this can't be right!!! or is it?!

Definitely not true. A car puts out literally thousands of pounds of emissions gasses in one year. Many times it's weight. That's in one year mind you, on average someone would drive 15,000 miles a year. It would take about 9 years to log 138,000 miles so we're talking huge amounts of gases by weight. Impossible for a 2 stroke to do this in 2 hours :rolleyes: haha I just love to see through this BS

I laughed so hard at this lol:

"It's a little after 8:00 pm again tonight as I write this, and once again the snarl of a sandrail rends the desert night outside my
bedroom window. This time, I can pick out the accompanying refrain of the quad runners as they assist in the patriotic work of
destroying the peace of an otherwise tranquil rural desert community. More riders have been arriving at their staging area, and in the
darkness the lights of the RV's resemble a small city.

Today was a busy one for these champions of the right to ride. I was at work in my studio this morning when a convoy of riders on
quad runners thundered past, turned on a nearby side street, and huddled in a small group in view of my yard.

Fine Americans, these motorheads. They fly Old Glory proudly over the sea of RVs and toy haulers surrounding their staging area.
When they convoy forth to tear up new parts of our valley, The Stars and Stripes snap smartly from their buggy whip antennas and
roll bars, proclaiming their sacred right to ride roughshod over the rights of other Americans ..... because they can. Yessir - God
Bless America. Brings a tear to my eye."

What a fool, he's pissed because he lives next to an ORV riding area. It's 8:00 pm guys....seriously....

:rolleyes:

250xdude
03-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Motorheads on meth!
I will ride my atv up and down your street all night looong!!

http://www.roadwarusa.com/images/wez.jpg

Nooo!! I will start an anti atv forum you motor meth head!! And pray for you of course.

http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/gallery/town/NedFlanders2.gif

troutman561
03-01-2006, 09:54 PM
I got a membership there and am respectfully asking them questions about these claims and am finding out if the guy who lives by the desert with the "rampaging" sand rails lives by a ORV park.
Since their site got exposure here I bet their membership doubles, lol.

antman
03-01-2006, 10:00 PM
i hate them kind of peole... all they do is look for problems! they screwed my uncle over and he ended up having to pay fines and repair 4 acres of land that was between his proptary and a major highway and could not be used for anything . it was owned by his town but some yuppie broke down on the highway and heard em riding and reported them ... i hate people like that

03-01-2006, 10:02 PM
i was about to stir some serious **** up but im too lazy

Eddiesanders250
03-01-2006, 10:04 PM
haha i wouldnt doubt it

pastfast125
03-01-2006, 10:06 PM
You know what gets me? all these people that complain about atv riders late at night or trespassing or something, I know with me, I dunno about you guys, but all the would have to do is come to my house and calmly talk to me about it, and ask to make a comprimise. These stupid people completely skip that and just go straight to calling the cops, then they complain about how the cops dont want to do anything. Most of the time you can probably resolve the situation without getting the cops involved. That forum disgusts me, but I'm gonna join anyway and get my opinion and some facts out there.

250xdude
03-01-2006, 10:11 PM
It's a little after 7:30 pm, and it's actually pretty peaceful tonight. I feel compelled to take a look outside ... yep, motorhead city is still
there.

http://etudiant.univ-mlv.fr/~rpolisse/Ce_que_j_adore/Les_Simpson/Ned%20Flanders/flanders_siffle.gif

JOEX
03-01-2006, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
i was about to stir some serious **** up but im too lazy

JOEX
03-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by antman
i hate them kind of peole... all they do is look for problems! they screwed my uncle over and he ended up having to pay fines and repair 4 acres of land that was between his proptary and a major highway and could not be used for anything . it was owned by his town but some yuppie broke down on the highway and heard em riding and reported them ... i hate people like that
So your uncle was riding on property that was not his, caused some damage and had to pay for it. Weather or not it could be used for anything doesn't matter.

Sounds legit to me:ermm:

03-01-2006, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by JOEX

96lapis coupe
03-01-2006, 10:34 PM
What's even funnier is the 2 posts per day or whatever it is....there's still threads on the front page from last summer. OH NOES, THE HIPPIES ARE ANGRY. They might riot but they're too stoned to get off the couch.....just offer them some cheetos and they'll leave us alone.

JOEX
03-01-2006, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by 96lapis coupe
What's even funnier is the 2 posts per day or whatever it is....there's still threads on the front page from last summer. OH NOES, THE HIPPIES ARE ANGRY. They might riot but they're too stoned to get off the couch.....just offer them some cheetos and they'll leave us alone.
Just one example of the lack of maturity in this thread.:(

03-01-2006, 10:55 PM
Just one example of the lack of maturity in this thread.:( That's the perception the OHV haters have of the riders of quads and bikes, which really messes it up for the rest of us responsible riders:ermm:

My cousin and his friends are major goons, ride up and down the road with no helmets, ect. There will always be bad apples:(

fast_enough
03-02-2006, 03:55 AM
If you or anyone else decides to go over there and 'get involved' please be courtious and respectful.

Going over there and stirring the pot will only cast more uneccessary and undeserving negative light on our hobby.

Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

I don't mean to single you out fast_enough;)

I was planning on it, because I want to actually talk to them, and them not freak out and say "OMG, its an ORV'er, BAN HIM!"

pastfast125
03-02-2006, 04:16 AM
I made a lengthy thread over there.

Matt37
03-02-2006, 04:28 AM
I already got banned 3 times over there...

So now I just go over there and laugh.

NacsMXer
03-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by 250xdude
It's a little after 7:30 pm, and it's actually pretty peaceful tonight. I feel compelled to take a look outside ... yep, motorhead city is still
there.

This guy's just getting obsessed now. Of course something will bother you if it's always on your mind, and you're always thinking about it.

At school in Milwaukee, I live in an apartment that is right next to the noisy street. There's also a bus stop directly in front of my place. You don't see me pissing and moaning when i'm trying to go to sleep at night, I just found a way around it. Having a loud fan running in my room provides enough white noise for me to not even notice the street noise outside my window.

I could be a goon like the guy above, always looking out my window cursing at all the street noise and wondering when it will stop; i've got better things to be doing than that :rolleyes:

ShiftFMX
03-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Someones sticking up for us...

I wonder If it is a member here... :confused:

http://www.orvwatch.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=24

Matt37
03-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
Someones sticking up for us...

I wonder If it is a member here... :confused:

http://www.orvwatch.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=24

Actually one of the members over there.

Is a avid rider, but he annoyed about the irresponsible kids that ride this things around.

But I agree, some of the people over there take it to the extreme.

It is mostly So-cal homeowners that make up that site, and most of them sound like they built their homes in the middle of Glamis... I mean what did they expect when they picked the location of their house?

Toadz400
03-02-2006, 10:38 AM
I registered and posted in that previous link. I did my best to not try to sound like an immature teenager, or sound like them.

Mxjunkie
03-02-2006, 11:03 AM
I say we join the site and express our feelings in a mature way and not bash, start fights or anything and use GOOD information to back any of the statements we make!

I'm down

I dont think I'll use Mx JUNKIE though, they may mistake me as a drug junkie or something lmfao :p :o

Hon300ex
03-02-2006, 11:13 AM
Looking at the Guest Book, a number of folk have visited, but have apparently deceided not to join in the Forum. I'm wondering why.

Thought. There seems to be any number of web sites devoted to ORV activities - I checked out several of them a few nights ago. Might I suggest that we post messages at some of those ORV sites inviting them to start a dialog on how they feel about illegal riding.

Just a thought.....

thats what someone said over there..... ill join later and i will politely talk to them.

bwamos
03-02-2006, 12:16 PM
Some ATV emmissions information.

ATV Manufacturers Work To Further Reduce Already Low ATV Emissions (http://www.atvsafety.org/SVIAPressReleases/PRSVIA060503FS_Emissions.pdf)

EPA Requirements for all currently manufactired ATV's (http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=d082891ef702084a97218efcc9753058&rgn=div8&view=text&node=40:31.0.1.3.11.2.1.4&idno=40)
HC+NOx < 1.5g/km
EPA Requirements for Light Duty Trucks and Passenger Cars (http://www.epa.gov/otaq/cert/veh-cert/b00001a.pdf)
HC+NOx < 1.75g/km

A 2006 ATV at 1.5g/km over the lifespan of the quad (10,000km/5years per the EPA) = 15kg HC+NOx (3kg/yr)

A 2006 Passenger Car at 1.75g/km over the same 5 year period (lifespan 100,000km/10yr) = [1.75g/km]*[50,000km] = 87.5kg HC+NOx (17.5kg/yr)

A 2006 model year automobile is allowed to have 5.83 times more emmisions per year than a 2006 model year ATV.

In fact a 2006 model year passenger car is allowed to have 17% more emmisions per kilometer traveled than an ATV does.

They can complain all they want about noise and idiots riding in the streets, but they have no factual basis to claim that ATV's have higher emmisions than a car.. they do not.

In fact their 2006 lawnmower is allowed 25.0g/kw-hr (1kw = 1.34hp) so their lovely 2.5hp lawnmower is putting out 46.6g of HC+NOx in the time it take them to mow their lawn. An ATV would have to travel 31.1 km to equal that same amount.

Googs
03-02-2006, 02:28 PM
This needs to be copied & posted on those sites that complain about our emissions.

Originally posted by bwamos
Some ATV emmissions information.

ATV Manufacturers Work To Further Reduce Already Low ATV Emissions (http://www.atvsafety.org/SVIAPressReleases/PRSVIA060503FS_Emissions.pdf)

EPA Requirements for all currently manufactired ATV's (http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=d082891ef702084a97218efcc9753058&rgn=div8&view=text&node=40:31.0.1.3.11.2.1.4&idno=40)
HC+NOx < 1.5g/km
EPA Requirements for Light Duty Trucks and Passenger Cars (http://www.epa.gov/otaq/cert/veh-cert/b00001a.pdf)
HC+NOx < 1.75g/km

A 2006 ATV at 1.5g/km over the lifespan of the quad (10,000km/5years per the EPA) = 15kg HC+NOx (3kg/yr)

A 2006 Passenger Car at 1.75g/km over the same 5 year period (lifespan 100,000km/10yr) = [1.75g/km]*[50,000km] = 87.5kg HC+NOx (17.5kg/yr)

A 2006 model year automobile is allowed to have 5.83 times more emmisions per year than a 2006 model year ATV.

In fact a 2006 model year passenger car is allowed to have 17% more emmisions per kilometer traveled than an ATV does.

They can complain all they want about noise and idiots riding in the streets, but they have no factual basis to claim that ATV's have higher emmisions than a car.. they do not.

In fact their 2006 lawnmower is allowed 25.0g/kw-hr (1kw = 1.34hp) so their lovely 2.5hp lawnmower is putting out 46.6g of HC+NOx in the time it take them to mow their lawn. An ATV would have to travel 31.1 km to equal that same amount.

Toadz400
03-02-2006, 04:02 PM
I copied and pasted that info in one of the threads but I changed some of the wording towards the bottom so it's like we're talking directly to them.

660Grizz04
03-02-2006, 04:38 PM
Whats an ohv park ? I have never heard of such a thing. Thats why i hate it up here, we ( i dont ) have to pay for registration which is going up every year .... And there suppose to be making trails and stuff in the adirondacks. I'm not going to truck my quads to the adirondacks to ride. I would definetly pay for the registration if they would make some trails around here. So if i do pay for it, im never going to see anything in return.

03-02-2006, 04:41 PM
http://www.orvwatch.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=26&sid=c8dc191ce774c48ed4b9a112bcecf3a9 whoever posted that is a complete idiot.:mad: :rolleyes:

Matt37
03-02-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
http://www.orvwatch.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=26&sid=c8dc191ce774c48ed4b9a112bcecf3a9 whoever posted that is a complete idiot.:mad: :rolleyes:

Shoulda never posted the link to that board.

It is getting out of hand...:ermm:

Hon300ex
03-02-2006, 05:15 PM
wow there members have increased from 35 to 55. i bet they are all from here.

rodeo#11
03-02-2006, 06:32 PM
that has to be the funniest post ever.......horrible but funny......only a brain-e-ak would put something like that on the anti offroad forum.

mad props to whoever put that on there:p

fast_enough
03-02-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by rodeo#11
that has to be the funniest post ever.......horrible but funny......only a brain-e-ak would put something like that on the anti offroad forum.

mad props to whoever put that on there:p

Listen, please dont come to this site with that kinda attitude. Props... give me a break. You dont realize whats going on do you?

pastfast125
03-02-2006, 07:25 PM
just for anybody wondering, that thread "my opinions" was me, I'm sick of you:D

250xdude
03-02-2006, 07:40 PM
alright, who started the POST YOUR QUADS thread over there, I am laughing my *** off and cursing you at the same time,
Don't do that, it's out of control over there now.

fast_enough
03-02-2006, 08:02 PM
I am laughing my *** off

I dont think its funny at all

Mxjunkie
03-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Real mature guys... seriously and you WONDER! why there is fourms like that :ermm: :grr:

fast_enough
03-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Real mature guys... seriously and you WONDER! why there is fourms like that :ermm: :grr:

Exactly, I cant figure out why they are even going over there and replying, they must think its cool. What they dont realize is that they are becoming more of a problem for us then the actual Anti-OHV'ers

troutman561
03-02-2006, 08:27 PM
It is kind of ridiculous that some people are being idiots and posting immature non-sense on that site. I have made a name over there and am being polite and just asking question on why people are complaining. And yes, the forum activity has doubled in the last 2 days and thats because of this site, and once that gets out over there, this site will get a bad reputation for no reason, kind of unfortunate....

Mxjunkie
03-02-2006, 08:32 PM
http://orvwatch.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=190#190

I spent some time and used some of my rusty english skills and wrote this. I am hoping it will change their feelings about that MORON that came on there and posted that..

if that MORON would like to pm me for calling him a MORON he can do so!

troutman561
03-02-2006, 08:38 PM
Its funny how alot of us from here go on there and have 100times better writing skills, myself included:D .

Mxjunkie
03-02-2006, 08:46 PM
I was STUNNED to learn about how much pollution these monstrosities generate. They said that you'd have to drive a 2 yo car 138,000 MILES to produce as much pollution as running a 2 stroke engine for TWO HOURS.

Man it's a wonder we even have a sport anymore, people like this are just rediculous I can see why most of them people are getting pissed towards them

250xdude
03-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by troutman561
Its funny how alot of us from here go on there and have 100times better writing skills, myself included:D .

Do thay have spel check are sumthig?

troutman561
03-02-2006, 08:57 PM
Do thay have spel check are sumthig?

No, but I guess on here we just dont care as much... I was also noticing that most of the activity on there right now is all of us and like nobody originally on that site....

fast_enough
03-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Hey Josh, I thought you werent going to use Junkie in your name?? lol, no telling what their thoughts are on you now. Actually I read what you wrote, you did a great job, and I'm sorry to hear about your family friend steve. But good job on the write up. My name over there is "I ride quads"

2001300exguy
03-02-2006, 09:13 PM
ill admit i was one of the people that put a picture up in the thread but took it down after thinking about where i had actually posted it. Honestly what good is it going to do just bashing them, it sure aint gonna help out our sport. O and nice write up josh and i am realy sorry about steve, it even makes think twice about riding on trails that i have permission to ride on.Names Quadlover

Toadz400
03-02-2006, 09:19 PM
Good write-up.

My name over there is Toadz.

pastfast125
03-02-2006, 10:01 PM
if they ever come over here and start flaming up our forums, we can just blame it on matt37, he started this thread:D

j/k of course:rolleyes: You've created a monster!

K-Dub
03-03-2006, 01:09 AM
I made a name KDub of corse but havnt posted anything. The guys that already replied said about what I was going to say so I left it at that. To the guys that are talking with sense good job.

Matt37
03-03-2006, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by pastfast125
if they ever come over here and start flaming up our forums, we can just blame it on matt37, he started this thread:D

j/k of course:rolleyes: You've created a monster!

Yea, I am really regreting starting this thread.

Well, the forum activity has grown over there slightly!!!

i've known about that forum for several weeks and there was not an updated post for days... Now, there is!!!

badvox
03-03-2006, 07:54 AM
I really don't know where most of you guys live but I am in Southern California which is where these guys are based.

Are some of their complaints warranted absolutely.

People riding on private property in Southern California are making it very difficult for us out here. It is drawing focus away from our real problem which is keeping our OHV and LEGAL riding areas open.

All illegal riding does is give the anti-ohv people fuel for shutting us down. Keep in mind I said illegal riding areas, private property and land that is posted as NON-OHV areas.

If all of us in California want to keep our LEGAL spots open then we should also be against ILLEGAL riding.

ShiftFMX
03-03-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
http://orvwatch.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=190#190

I spent some time and used some of my rusty english skills and wrote this. I am hoping it will change their feelings about that MORON that came on there and posted that..

if that MORON would like to pm me for calling him a MORON he can do so!

Josh, You sound much more intelligent on ORVwatch than you do here! :p

wilkin250r
03-03-2006, 10:27 AM

There are two viewpoints to this statistic. For one, the passenger car is roughly 6 times larger, in terms of engine displacement. At 600% larger size, it only puts out 17% more emmissions. Cars are much more effiecient.

Also, that's a 2006, and probably refers to 4-strokes. I know for a fact that a 2-stroke has roughly 20 times the amount of unburnt hydrocarbons. My little 250cc 2-stroke pollutes about twice as much as a V8 engine! :eek:

rbgnwa45
03-03-2006, 10:50 AM
It's kind of sad..Maybe these small blue things are the solution

:devil:

http://www.elvex.com/Images/EP-201+Bag.jpg

Mxjunkie
03-03-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
Josh, You sound much more intelligent on ORVwatch than you do here! :p

Paw' didnt raise no dummy no sir ee :bandit:

bwamos
03-03-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
There are two viewpoints to this statistic. For one, the passenger car is roughly 6 times larger, in terms of engine displacement. At 600% larger size, it only puts out 17% more emmissions. Cars are much more effiecient.

Also, that's a 2006, and probably refers to 4-strokes. I know for a fact that a 2-stroke has roughly 20 times the amount of unburnt hydrocarbons. My little 250cc 2-stroke pollutes about twice as much as a V8 engine! :eek:

That is true.. but after this year.. how many 2-strokes will be made? Banshee is gone.. is the blaster coming back?

2-strokes are gone. The ones you will see are going to be treasured relics of the past. I love the 2-strokes.. but it is more than obvious that any new atv's being made do not output the same emmisions in 10 minutes that a car would put out over its lifetime.

I wasn't trying to say that an atv is more efficent. Hell I wouldn't mind seeing a high flow catalytic converter built into the silencer systems of the atv's. But, I don't want to see blanket statments that all ATV's have that level of emmisions. It is completely false. Heck, I wouldn't use a 1963 Corvette running on leaded fuel w/o a catalytic converter for my comparison of your average passenger car, would you?

Oh and those EPA regulations are 50% for 2006.. but they are 100% for 2007. In 2007 all manufactired ATV's must meet the 1.5g/km HC+Nox. 2-strokes and 4-strokes alike.

The main point I wanted to make was that the the country is already making huge progress in controling emissions on all OHV's (ATV, Dirtbike, & Snowmobile). There is already an effort being made. The industry is spending millions on this. It's not like the issue is being ignored.

Matt37
03-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by badvox
I really don't know where most of you guys live but I am in Southern California which is where these guys are based.

Are some of their complaints warranted absolutely.

People riding on private property in Southern California are making it very difficult for us out here. It is drawing focus away from our real problem which is keeping our OHV and LEGAL riding areas open.

All illegal riding does is give the anti-ohv people fuel for shutting us down. Keep in mind I said illegal riding areas, private property and land that is posted as NON-OHV areas.

If all of us in California want to keep our LEGAL spots open then we should also be against ILLEGAL riding.

What you are asking for is not going to happen.

In my area the choice of legal riding areas is very very slim.

In fact, to get to the closest one is atleast 45 mins away and then there is not another one for a few hours.

Why would people take the time to trailer up, drive all the way there, and then all the way... When they could go out their back door and be at a pit in 10-15 mins.

I am sorry but if your asking for all illegal atving to stop.. then your asking for to much.

bwamos
03-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Matt37

In fact, to get to the closest one is atleast 45 mins away and then there is not another one for a few hours.

Why would people take the time to trailer up, drive all the way there, and then all the way... When they could go out their back door and be at a pit in 10-15 mins.

I am sorry but if your asking for all illegal atving to stop.. then your asking for to much.

I don't think we are asking too much to ask people to respect the law and the land. If you don't you're going to loose all rights to ride anywhere other than a closed course track.

Out here in the midwest, where I live, the nearest legal riding area is 2 hours away for a 30 acre abandoned strip mine (Deepwater).. the next closest is 3 hours away (Finger Lakes).

We do infact trailer up every weekend at 4am and drive to our riding areas.. load back up at 4pm and drive back. It's not really that bad. I would give my left nut for a decent riding area 45minutes away.. lol. Hell, I drive that far to work 5 days a week.

JOEX
03-03-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Matt37

Asking for the illegal activities to stop is NOT too much to ask for. Will it happen? Probably not.

Unfortunately there will always be people who choose not to obey the laws or respect other people property.

You chose this hobby, if you don't like having to drive 45 minutes to ride legally then move or find another hobby. Lack of a closer riding areas is no excuse to participate in illegal activities. It will just make things harder for everyone to find a legal place ride.

It's a 45 minute drive for me also to get to the place I know I have permission to ride. I don't like it but i'm not b!tching about it either.

You can get involved with your community and try to establish a legal riding area. It wont be easy and will take alot of work but it can be done if you're willing to take the time and make the effort. Just complaining about it will get you nowhere.

Matt37
03-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Asking for the illegal activities to stop is NOT too much to ask for. Will it happen? Probably not.

Unfortunately there will always be people who choose not to obey the laws or respect other people property.

You chose this hobby, if you don't like having to drive 45 minutes to ride legally then move or find another hobby. Lack of a closer riding areas is no excuse to participate in illegal activities. It will just make things harder for everyone to find a legal place ride.

It's a 45 minute drive for me also to get to the place I know I have permission to ride. I don't like it but i'm not b!tching about it either.

You can get involved with your community and try to establish a legal riding area. It wont be easy and will take alot of work but it can be done if you're willing to take the time and make the effort. Just complaining about it will get you nowhere.

I am just being brutally honest here, so do not flame me. Because I am sure alot of other members on here think this way as well, but just do not say it.

I do not have the time nor the patience to fight with my township to get a legal riding area built.... I would more than likely just end up doing the same thing I do every weekend... Which is go to the local pit for a few hours and run when the cops come...

Once again I do not in anyway condone what I do but it is what it is.

FasstMidnightZ
03-04-2006, 08:28 AM
You guys are a bunch of ****ing hippocrates, You get mad when someone from another forum comes here and says ****. Then you go turn around and do it to other forums. It's amazing how fast this site went to ****. :rolleyes:

badvox
03-04-2006, 08:41 AM
I don't think we are asking too much to ask people to respect the law and the land. If you don't you're going to loose all rights to ride anywhere other than a closed course track.

Out here in the midwest, where I live, the nearest legal riding area is 2 hours away for a 30 acre abandoned strip mine (Deepwater).. the next closest is 3 hours away (Finger Lakes).

We do infact trailer up every weekend at 4am and drive to our riding areas.. load back up at 4pm and drive back. It's not really that bad. I would give my left nut for a decent riding area 45minutes away.. lol. Hell, I drive that far to work 5 days a week.

Amen brother!! BTW someone you know that owns enough property for you to ride on is LEGAL.

45 minutes was too far for that other dude? Give me a break.

Matt37
03-04-2006, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by badvox
Amen brother!! BTW someone you know that owns enough property for you to ride on is LEGAL.

45 minutes was too far for that other dude? Give me a break.

You do what you gotta do, I'll do what I gotta do... aight brother.

Toadz400
03-04-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by bomb_squad
You guys are a bunch of ****ing hippocrates, You get mad when someone from another forum comes here and says ****. Then you go turn around and do it to other forums. It's amazing how fast this site went to ****. :rolleyes:

What are you talking about? :confused: