PDA

View Full Version : For da woods

KWAD GAWD
03-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Not sure what to do here. Still even if, we can narrow the beast - we're still gonna crush the rear end. Must... have... skid!!!
I've been told, by those big wigs at Suzuki - specs say the LT-R measures 49" wide, but this isn't entirely true. Go ahead and measure yours, and you'll see that they mesure closer to 48" wide. Not so bad considering Bill Ballance's bike measures around 47" wide. We're not that far off to begin with, the tiny MX tires makes it look even wider.
Flip the wheels, buy some new ITP GNCC tires 20s & 22s - mount them up 'el reverso. Buy a front sprocket 1 tooth smaller (oh, they are geared way tall). Genuine Suzuki accessories makes a mini rear aluminum MX skid, it's better than nothing temporarily!
That's what I'm going to do first thing. Oh, and handle bars and nerfs too.

badvox
03-02-2006, 07:40 AM
Are any GNCC pros racing the LTR this year? All ive heard about was the MX team.
That oughta be a good indication dontcha think?

bradley300
03-02-2006, 08:27 AM
yokely is racing an LT-R. he will be on his z-400 for the first two rounds tho

if its 48 inches wide, 4:1 offset wheels will get you to 47, and you can use z-400 hubs, that gets you an inch narrower in the rear. i would assume also, the rear linkage is set up for 18 inch tires, so you will need a xc linkage, i'm sure elka or roll will have one soon being as yokely is racing one