PDA

View Full Version : Banshee enstines needed

Mxjunkie
03-01-2006, 07:34 PM
Uh I dont know what my quad is doing to be honest lol..

Right when winter started, I had to go down one main jet size, now summer is coming along, I've had to go down 2 main jet sizes, and I've spent hours apoun hours moving the clip on the needle to see if I could get the mains to work, I would think going down 3 main jet sizes would be kinda huge :huh

It's rich, blubbers topend, idles, mid is fine, plugs are wet another sign of it being rich..

I was told it might of broke the reeds, Which may be a possibty because it isnt a stock motor. Now, say it broke the reeds, it wouldnt run for chit so i dont know if I should even go thru with taking all the chit apart if I dont have too.

If I'm not mistaken... if I go one jet size down, center posion on the clip it should be allright? because obviosly no matter what I do with the clip its either to rich or to lean.

Little help haha

250r4life
03-01-2006, 08:06 PM
i would check your reads or anything else before i kept getting smaller on the jets... yeah it sux, but its better than constantly messing with the jets and never being able to get 'em right if something else has gone wrong... i'm not sure where you are @, but here in az ive never really had to mess with jets between winter and summer... i get it dialed in great for the winter and for the dunes, and its never been too rich that i can notice or it bothers me when its summer... both with my banshee and with my 250r... i'm not sure how much your weather has changed, but i'm thinking it is something else, assuming it ran great a month ago... who knows, i know az is different then most other places... unfortunately the only experience i have wiht re-jetting after getting them dialed in initially, is if i go up north into the mountains, but other than that i never mess with them after i get them where i want 'em. i never need to between phoenix and the dunes... sorry i couldnt be more help...

250r4life
03-01-2006, 08:08 PM
ps, does it blubber and hesitate and eventually wind out, or just sit and blubber on the top end?

Mxjunkie
03-02-2006, 11:27 AM
You launch it, go thru the gears once you get mid-top it blubbers its *** off.

250r4life
03-02-2006, 11:32 AM
but it blubbers for a sec, and you keep it pinned and it eventually winds out?

Mxjunkie
03-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Nope, the entire time wfo wont even open up, which leads me to belive its rich as a sob

250r4life
03-02-2006, 12:12 PM
i dont think so... normally if it is jetted rich, it will studder and blubber and if you keep it pinned it will eventually wind out, especially in the 1st 4 gears... i would check your reeds, or maybe even a blown piston? check your compression... i really do not think it is jetting, especially if it ran good a month ago... you can do a simple check by putting your hands behind the silencer and check if one side is firiing harder than the other... i hate to tell ya but i dont think its just jetting

SheeRider
03-05-2006, 12:46 PM
What are all of you mods, elevation and air temp and I can get you real close on jetting with stock carbs.

Mxjunkie
03-05-2006, 03:18 PM
its a 4mill stroker motor with .40 over I think I need differnt needles in it I got it running today and holy ****, I guess its been off for awhile now..

What happened was is I had 35mm carbs on it but my tranny gernaded and had to trade them for the work and I got smaller carbs on it now. But to be honest it runs like crazy now, I can launch it and it will pull the front end up 1-4th 3rd gear just crusing and romping it brings it stright up, kinda scary lol

250r4life
03-07-2006, 10:20 PM
alright, so what ended up being the problem and what'd you do to fix it?

Mxjunkie
03-07-2006, 10:26 PM
i ran out of money to fuss with it so its gonna have to sit till i can get some more money to get needles.