PDA

View Full Version : new addition to my household

Alberta_Qaudin
03-01-2006, 07:14 PM
so after years of not having time, with the gf workin nights and me on days now we decided we had the time to take care of a puppy, and 2 days later the SPCA (canadian humain scociety) posted this littel guy on their web page and quoted "this puppy will be hard to train but is good hearted, and looking for a family"

He's a rotti/sheppard pup, 3 months old, and is near house broken and sits and stays on command after 5 days home........maybe the sherlter under estimated the little guy

Alberta_Qaudin
03-01-2006, 07:15 PM
sorry forgot the pic

4oorider
03-01-2006, 07:19 PM
congrats on the new dog, he looks cute

BlasterEaten250
03-01-2006, 07:20 PM
looks like a good dog. Good luck.:)

Quad Boy 660r
03-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Kewl. Whats his or her name.

Mxjunkie
03-01-2006, 07:28 PM
Thats going to be a big arse dog haha. Looks cute :)

Alberta_Qaudin
03-01-2006, 07:30 PM
his names Wreck, got it his first day when the little b***ard took out my coffe table and my kitchen table in about an hour

Quad Boy 660r
03-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Alberta_Qaudin
his names Wreck, got it his first day when the little b***ard took out my coffe table and my kitchen table in about an hour

Cool. When you train him, you have to be firm. But not abusive, by any means. I know a guy that has a Rot, and he pretty much has his own way because no one ever trained him right. And since he is HUGE, no one can mess with him without being snapped/growled at. They are much easier to handle when they are young. They are awsome dogs. Good Luck.

coolex
03-01-2006, 09:12 PM
i liked mine wene he was a puppy but they grow big so fast

Alberta_Qaudin
03-02-2006, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Quad Boy 660r
Cool. When you train him, you have to be firm. But not abusive, by any means. I know a guy that has a Rot, and he pretty much has his own way because no one ever trained him right. And since he is HUGE, no one can mess with him without being snapped/growled at. They are much easier to handle when they are young. They are awsome dogs. Good Luck.

i have had a rotti before that was actually my bro's but spent most of its time with me, but she was much more calm and not as aggressive as this guy is. biting is his only real problem, he bites when he plays and doesnt realize his own strength. anyone know the best way to break him of this right now if i say no he stops untill you start playing again. he's also a VERY dominant and possesive of his toys and food, but coming around and will actually bring you a toy to play with him now rather than freaking when you try to touch it. he's gunna be a great dog its just taking time, like i said for only being in our house for 6 days he is learning very fast and is a very loveable.

he actually met my bro's old rottie the other day and learned he's not as big as he thinks

jaredZ400rider
03-02-2006, 08:40 AM
good luck!! he looks cute..i love puppies!!

@Bad465EX
03-02-2006, 11:56 AM
should be good with kids to. people think rots are mean but they sure do protect kids. and shepards are the same way. I've had both

MR.BIG
03-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Cute puppy that's cool that you saved him from the shelter too!