PDA

View Full Version : TCS vs. Elka

TRX_450
03-01-2006, 07:02 PM
ok for those of you who know a thing or two about shocks let me hear your thoughts on the two.....how do they compare?

03-02-2006, 09:30 AM
i would definently say elka is better, TCS is good and getting better, but still not up to Elka's level, so that being said, Elka gets my vote

400grl
03-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Why do you say that? I've had Elka's, and I now run TCS - the difference is my TCS triple rate SSD's are actually valved spot on for me.....I love them. My Elka's were set up much too stiff and I suffered alot of arm pump in my races......

Both companies have great customer service....and you can get shocks from both companies pretty quick (not alot of wait time on either of them), and both shocks look great. What would steer me towards TCS would be the fact that I have much greater confidence in TCS getting my shocks set-up just the way I want them.

And this shock topic will go on and on, with everyone giving their opinion....so take it for what it's worth. Figure out what is important for you in your shocks, and go from there. I mean.....they will all be better than stockers! :)

moto440ex
03-02-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
Why do you say that? I've had Elka's, and I now run TCS - the difference is my TCS triple rate SSD's are actually valved spot on for me.....I love them. My Elka's were set up much too stiff and I suffered alot of arm pump in my races......

Both companies have great customer service....and you can get shocks from both companies pretty quick (not alot of wait time on either of them), and both shocks look great. What would steer me towards TCS would be the fact that I have much greater confidence in TCS getting my shocks set-up just the way I want them.

And this shock topic will go on and on, with everyone giving their opinion....so take it for what it's worth. Figure out what is important for you in your shocks, and go from there. I mean.....they will all be better than stockers! :) I have to agree with you on that. I had TCS on my 440ex, and I have Elkas on my 450r. I dont think my elkas are valved right, because after riding on a track with them, they seem way too stiff. My TCS shocks felt alot smoother, but that is because they were valved right. My 450r handles alot better with the elkas than my 440 did though. I'll have to see, but once I get my Elkas right, I think they are gonna be the better shock hands down.

rob-u/21
03-02-2006, 10:50 AM
I also have to say TCS is a better shock. I have both Elka and TCS on different quads and I feel the TCS feel a lot better. The quad I will be racing in this years' San Felipe 250 has elka suspension which we used last year in the SCORE series. This year we decided to take them to Todd at TCS for a revalve. We got them back in 3 days, when we rode the quad it was like night and day difference. I must say I was impressed in the way the shocks worked. I thought they handled pretty good before, I know they needed some work but I honestly didn't think they could be improved so much. Go with TCS you wont be disapointed.

TRX_450
03-02-2006, 02:43 PM
i went ahead and got tcs...thanx guys

rob-u/21
03-03-2006, 08:55 AM
You made the right choice. You wont be disapointed.

400grl
03-03-2006, 09:06 AM
Good choice!! You will love them!

o3thirdeyeo3
03-05-2006, 10:25 AM
I have been disappointed in my TCS from day 1. No matter how many times a play with them they dont feel right. So now im trying to find a reliable shop to send them in to get rebuilt. Any suggestions?

TRX_450
03-05-2006, 11:49 AM
yea wats a good shop to send them to and wat kinda pricesx do they run because i need to get them revalved cuz tghe were meant for +2's

TRX_450
03-05-2006, 11:51 AM
yea wats a good shop to send them to because i need to get them revalved cuz tghe were meant for +2's

03-05-2006, 02:47 PM
G T Thunder

rob-u/21
03-06-2006, 07:36 AM
I have been disappointed in my TCS from day 1. No matter how many times a play with them they dont feel right. So now im trying to find a reliable shop to send them in to get rebuilt. Any suggestions?
You should talk to Todd from TCS, I'm sure he will work with you to get them set up right.

yea wats a good shop to send them to because i need to get them revalved cuz tghe were meant for +2's
I would send them straight to TCS, I'm sure they can set up their own suspension better than anyone

o3thirdeyeo3
03-06-2006, 09:59 AM
Obviously not considering i bought them new.. but i have heard great things about Laz from GT Thunder, and I will be sending my TCS to him shortly.

03-06-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by o3thirdeyeo3
Obviously not considering i bought them new.. but i have heard great things about Laz from GT Thunder, and I will be sending my TCS to him shortly.

good to hear, he does some excellent work :macho