PDA

View Full Version : Racing Karts?

lil400exman
03-01-2006, 06:58 PM
I am looking at racing karts. I want to try something new. I was looking at getting another quad but the karts look fun to me. I am in the tri-state area of Ohio (Cinci) and am looking at the TaG class. I am in the 16 &up class.

I am a alright mechanic but not never really wrenched on a cart. I am a competent MIG and alright TIG welder, know how to tune engines (2 stroke are my forte) so I think it would be fun.

Anyone got any experience? I would be buying a new Kart. I dont want to hobble along on someone elses pile of crap. Thanks!

moto04racing
03-01-2006, 07:01 PM
well theres kart 2 kart in MI bout 2.75 hours from cinc

03-01-2006, 09:07 PM
in kart racing it is like 50-50 driver/kart set up. The best driver cant win on a badly set up kart, and vice versa.

Im pretty good behind the wheel of a kart, By no means am I any pro. But I can hold my own.

so what exactly do you want to know about kart racing?

coolex
03-01-2006, 09:15 PM
my freind dave has been racing for years his family owns a stock car racing team and has like 15 cars and he has won 178 out of 182 races and hes really really really good and its helliwell motorsports they own so incase ne wants to know

lil400exman
03-02-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by mittimj
in kart racing it is like 50-50 driver/kart set up. The best driver cant win on a badly set up kart, and vice versa.

Im pretty good behind the wheel of a kart, By no means am I any pro. But I can hold my own.

so what exactly do you want to know about kart racing?

like what classes would be good for me and how much i can plan on dropping is what im wondering...

03-02-2006, 09:15 AM
well first thing to look into is where u can race it. Find the track, and see what kinda of karts they race.

I would sugest a champ cart. They have a cage on them, little safer.

Or you could go with the standard box kart, ( no cage)

either way, if you already have some tools, a truck, mabie trailer. You can count on droping close to 3k, if not closer to 4 for a sweet set up.