PDA

View Full Version : electrical mods

wildbill72368
03-01-2006, 06:38 PM
thinking of getting electrical mods for my 03 raptor 660 and wondering what people think of theres if they have any and what ones are best

tater_kamik
03-06-2006, 08:37 AM
what do you mean by electrical mods? are you talking about the cdi, stator, lights, etc?

wildbill72368
03-06-2006, 05:32 PM
i seen on ebay high performance ref box ,cdi ,rectifier and i was wondering if any one has tried them and what they thought

tater_kamik
03-07-2006, 07:07 AM
a rev box is an cdi with an higher rev limit, and the aftermarket cdi's are supposed to give you a bit more power, but there are several companies that make cdi's that either do not seem to make any improvement in power, or make your quad very hard to start. i cannot remember off the top of my head which companies have these problems and which dont though. i have had rev boxes before, and i have not personally found them to make a difference, but the more expensive programmable boxes i have not tried, but i have heard good things when used in conjunction with a dyno and proper jetting. personally, i feel if you have mods, it would be more worth it to spend your money on some dyno time, or other parts such as a piston, etc. as for different rectifiers, i have not seen those nor have i heard anyone running one