PDA

View Full Version : Please Help, Frame Problems

bmw31
03-01-2006, 06:15 PM
I HAVE AN 03 PRED AND I JUST FOUND MY FRAME IS BROKE BY THE HEADSTAY ON BOTH SIDES TOTALLY IN HALF. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO FIX THIS PROBLEM? BUT A NEW FRAAME OR TRY TO GET IT GUSSETED AND IF SO IS IT REALLY RELIABLE IN THE LONG RUN? HOW MUCH DOES NEW FRAMES RUN AND ALSO IS THERE ANY WEBSITES THAT SELL FRAMES? IS AN 05 FRAME THE SAME AS AN 03?

Bradracer18
03-01-2006, 07:11 PM
There have been frames on ebay quite often....don't know if they are the same or not....probably have to ask dealer that question. You can buy a rath gusset kit, and it will fix all of the areas that are supposed to break on the quad....it can be found at www.rathracing.com

You can also send your frame up there, and they will install the gusset kit, powdercoat, and fix/modify anything else you want to.......Call Jennifer Rath, she's great to deal with.

You might also try www.predatorowners.com there is a guy over there with a pred that is trying to part it all out. He'll probably sell his frame, and I think it has been gusseted, and powdercoated. His name is Head027......I know him, and he's reliable.