PDA

View Full Version : Im soo stuiped!

Hondaexboy
03-01-2006, 04:23 PM
O.k.,
today I went out to ride my quad and got my gear ready and everything and I tried to start it and it did not start. I kept trying but nothing happened so I got really mad. After about 10 minutes of just sitting there I looked down and the kill swith was on:o ...Im soo stuiped

Ruby Soho
03-01-2006, 04:24 PM
*stupid

:D

That sucks though

Dupontster
03-01-2006, 04:27 PM
stupid

03-01-2006, 04:29 PM
I went riding a couple weeks ago and I was just sitting there talking to people, and I'm talking about getting a new air filter. Right when I thought of air filter I remembered I never put mine back in. So I went riding without the filter.

Another time when it was warmer out I had some gloves and I got sick of wearing them so I threw them under the seat. Like a half hour later my quad dies and wont start. So I pushed it home and everything. Next day I put gas in it thinking it was low on gas and it still wouldn't start. So I opened up my seat and the gloves were covering the air box so it wasn't getting any air.

I'm an idiot.

coolex
03-01-2006, 05:06 PM
ive done the kill swch thing a million times

Rip_Tear
03-01-2006, 05:11 PM
If mine doesn't start after 3 cranks I check everything... But I usually do that first anyways.

400exrules
03-01-2006, 05:15 PM
yah i do the killswitch thing all the time, ill hit it on accident and wonder wtf happened:confused: ....or ill use it to kill the motor and spend 10 mins tryin to fig. out why the thing wont start.

it really pisses me off when it happens, but its a huge sigh of relief when you find out that its a dumb, obvious mistake and not somethin serious, which im sure everyone can agree on

ZeroLogic
03-01-2006, 05:22 PM
My wire for my killswich fell off and my 300ex wouldn't start or get any juice so I looked the machine over for ten minutes and finnaly found out. I also forgot to turn the gas on and about five minutes of riding it stalled out and I couldn't of fingured out what happened.:p

antman
03-01-2006, 05:29 PM
i have so done thatbefore but i got it beat...
i was goin to the 7-11 to get so sodas and when i get there i was sittin in the truck for a fre minutes finishing talkin on my cel phone and when i am done i try to take the key out and it wont come out ... i was like wtf... then i realized it was still in drive... but i made myself laugh.lol

quads14589
03-01-2006, 05:32 PM
i got a good one when i first got my atv about 3 yrs ago it was a honda recon so i was about 3 miles from my house so im drivin along and i got over a tree linb. so then it conkes out and im thing oh Sh@@@ wtf happend. so i was there looken at the machine and i couldnt figure what happend. so i ran home about 3 miles all up hill.

so i get my mom thank god we had another quad too. so we get back to the machine in the woods so then i look at the handle bars and i see the kill switch it clicked over. i felt like a dumb *****

lol

:p

NacsMXer
03-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Yeah i've done the killswitch thing before but it was with my ProDesign tether killswitch. I usually always have the tether cord clipped to the switch but this one time I left it in my room for some reason. My engine normally pops off after about 2 seconds of cranking so after about a minute of nothing I knew something was up. Checked spark plug, gas, battery, factory killswitch, and still nothing. Then, I look over at my ProDesign and realize that i'm an idiot lol :rolleyes: :p

We all have those moments though, and it's good to find the humor in it and laugh at yourself once in a while

MotoX3
03-01-2006, 05:47 PM
The worst one I've had is leaving the exhaust plug in after washing my bike....the old tiddler didn't quite have enough compression to blow it out lmao:blah:

Sjorge450R
03-01-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by MotoX3
The worst one I've had is leaving the exhaust plug in after washing my bike....the old tiddler didn't quite have enough compression to blow it out lmao:blah:

I hate when I do that. Mine starts and Im like wtf??? lol... Back in november at one of my races, i took my quad out of the trailer and started pit riding to go check out the competion, and Im crusing along and the quad turns off. I was like wtf? So I check the kill switch,key and its still not starting. Then I remember that the gas valve was turned off...:p

MXRACER86
03-01-2006, 06:47 PM
I unloaded my bike and headed onto the track and my quad was running like $hit! I couldn't figure out why, so I checked everything and I accidently left my airbox lid on!

bluebaron
03-01-2006, 07:01 PM
when i was a little kid, and no one was home, i wanted to ride the timberwolf, but it was out of gas. so i went into the shop to where the gas jugs were, and put it in. turns out it was keroscene(SP)

bluebaron
03-01-2006, 07:03 PM
also my neighbor was going to unload his sportsman out of his truck, so he started backing out, but he forget the ramps! he din't get hurt to bad

zeppelin
03-01-2006, 07:09 PM
ive done the kill switch thing acouple of times to, and the first couple of times it always happened when i was loading the bikes up to go riding so when it didnt start i started freaking out and i practicaly striped the quad down to the frame before i realized what the problem was. this has happened to me at least 3 times.

rollie
03-01-2006, 07:33 PM
sometimes ill roll it out of the trailer in the morning at a race and it wont even try to start so i get worryed, then i remebered the i had to push the clutch in to push it:rolleyes: the gas thing never happens to me because i never turn the petcock off:cool:

huntr08
03-01-2006, 07:38 PM
i had one where i was racin a buddy at his mx track and i came dwn hard after a race and my leg hit the killswitch and i was like, $h!t whatd i do now, then i figured it out. and the crap of the thing is i was headin off the lip of a double when it died so i cased the jump too...:ermm:

zeppelin
03-01-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by rollie
the gas thing never happens to me because i never turn the petcock off:cool:
how do you get away with that, every time that i forget to turn it off, it will flood on the way to the track.

Quad Boy 660r
03-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Once, my Raptor wouldn't start, so I buy a new plug. Still dont start. Check gas, try pull start. Nada. So I take off the hood, front plastics, gas tank, and take off and clean the carbs. Hook up carbs and tank. Still nothin. Next morning, I check the air filter. It was dirty but not too bad IMO. I clean it. But dont try to start it.

My dad takes off for Chicago, and doesnt return for a week. I dont touch the quad, because we will take it to a trusted mechanic when he returns.

He comes back, we load up the quad, and go to Brians (Mechanic). He was not in, so we are talkin to a guy, and he wants to hear it crank over. So we head outside and I hit the magic button. Sure as $hit, my quad fires up, no problem. It was the air filter after all. I felt stupid, but relieved.

exrider008
03-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Quad Boy 660r
Once, my Raptor wouldn't start, so I buy a new plug. Still dont start. Check gas, try pull start. Nada. So I take off the hood, front plastics, gas tank, and take off and clean the carbs. Hook up carbs and tank. Still nothin. Next morning, I check the air filter. It was dirty but not too bad IMO. I clean it. But dont try to start it.

My dad takes off for Chicago, and doesnt return for a week. I dont touch the quad, because we will take it to a trusted mechanic when he returns.

He comes back, we load up the quad, and go to Brians (Mechanic). He was not in, so we are talkin to a guy, and he wants to hear it crank over. So we head outside and I hit the magic button. Sure as $hit, my quad fires up, no problem. It was the air filter after all. I felt stupid, but relieved.

u should have tryed to sart it one more time befor u left:rolleyes: ...lol

400exstud
03-01-2006, 07:51 PM
I've changed 2 plugs only to find out it was the damn switch.:grr:

ZeroLogic
03-01-2006, 08:04 PM
My neightbor was going to put gas into his Bayu. So he goes into his dad's garage and got a tank that looked like it was a gas tank. So hes pouring it in there filling her up. The all of the sudden the machine runs like crap and then wouldn't start. His dad had to buy a new carb and a bunch of other crap not knowing that his son put water into the gas by accident. Still he dosn't know til this day.:p It also always runs like crap not also.:blah:

03-01-2006, 08:06 PM
I started my KXF with the wash plug in, and it shot out and through the garage door window.

coolex
03-01-2006, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Quad Boy 660r

i never knew raptors had pull starts????:confused: :confused: :confused:

MXRACER86
03-01-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by zeppelin
how do you get away with that, every time that i forget to turn it off, it will flood on the way to the track.

same here, I never shut mine off

Quad Boy 660r
03-01-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by coolex
i never knew raptors had pull starts????:confused: :confused: :confused:

I ment pull it behind something and pop the clutch (Bump Start). Bad wording, I guess.

exrider008, I know that now. I was thinkin about it, but I was 99% sure that the air filter wasn't bad enough to keep it from startin. Oh well, just gotta learn for later use.

TheFontMaster
03-01-2006, 08:38 PM
When I got my 300ex, my first quad. I went to go start it and nothing. I was new to quads, I barley even knew what the kill switch was at the time. Try for about a half hour to get it started. I go inside for a little, come back out look at the kill switch, and just think, damn I am stupid. I have never had trouble not remembering to turn the kill switch on since then.

Another time I ran out of gas in the main tank. I thought it was something wrong with the quad, cause I was having problems with it running at the time. So I decided I would push the thing 1/4 down the road back home. My dad, who knows nothing about quads said are you shure it's not just out of gas, yes dad I'm shure, he goes did you check the reserve? I wanted to kill myself when I went out put it on reserve and it started lol.

Finaly I was comming home from riding, for like 4 or 5 hours I know I was on the reserve tank. I go to pull into the driveway, and I ran out of gas right as the quad turned into my driveway.

NacsMXer
03-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster

Finaly I was comming home from riding, for like 4 or 5 hours I know I was on the reserve tank. I go to pull into the driveway, and I ran out of gas right as the quad turned into my driveway.

lol, that has to be the best feeling ever if you were riding far away like out in the boonies..

prepracing
03-01-2006, 10:40 PM
I jejetted one time and put it all back together and took off to make a few laps on practice track at the house. Fired up and ran and made it about 500 yds from the house and she quit ! Would not start back......well crap I must have messed something up in carb. Push it back to house start to take tank off and see that gas is turned off :mad: Amazing how well they run when you get fuel to the engine :devil:

2002400ex
03-01-2006, 10:55 PM
exboy is a pro at doin this and ridin on reserve and running out of gas:macho

03-02-2006, 06:29 AM
My friend was trying to start his quad and it sat there and cranked for awhile. He started saying i think i blew it up! Hes all freaking out and im like maybe it will start better with the gas on. :devil: