PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Senate Bill 1830

okieRrider
03-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Hey guys I have been keeping up with what has been goin on with the SB 1830. I was reading the new Thunder Roads magazine and the Oklahoma ABATE had their legislative breakfast, during the event the ABATE political director called an emergency meeting. They were all informed of the SB 1830. They were also told that a member of the Oklahoma State Department of Health is so adament about the passage of this bill that he has threatened to stir up support for a universal mandatory helmet law if they help defeat this bill.
All of the ABATE members and the other folks attending the breakfast was in a unanimous decision to have a Freedom Rally at the Capitol. This rally will be held at the State Capitol on Wed. March 15. They are going to meet at 7:30 AM in the south parking lot of the Capitol and will go in to the Capitol at 8:00 AM as a group.
This bill will affect all of us and if any of you can be there please do to help oppose this bill.
Chris

coolex
03-01-2006, 04:52 PM
is this law to make helmets mandatory

and ur saying that there shouldnt be a law saying u must were a helmat

okieRrider
03-01-2006, 05:35 PM
If this law is passed it will make it mandatory for anyone under 18 to wear a helmet, but also in this bill is a law that will ban any child 12 and under from operating or rideing on any atv. The helmet part from my personal view is okay for anyone under 18 but making it law is taking 1 more freedom away from us and where does it end. The ban of children from anything without a parental consent is WRONG and no law maker should have the power to even dream something like that up....Chris

01 250exman
03-01-2006, 05:44 PM
That sounds like B.S.

coolex
03-01-2006, 06:00 PM
i dont care about the helmat law cuz i always wear one ne ways but the 12 and under one is b.s.