PDA

View Full Version : power problem

quad_man08
03-01-2006, 02:54 PM
i shattered my stock taillight about a month ago so i got a new led light. i had to cut the stock bulb hookup and put connectors on them. i had the quad on, but not running and the 2 wires touched and now my quad has no power at all. its not a dead battery and ive looked over all the wires and none are burnt up. i found the 2 blade fuses and looked at them and there not burnt. so im wondering if anybody might know what happened to it and how to fix it.

04'400ex'er
03-01-2006, 03:11 PM
You arched the wires causing a short or blowing a fuse. I am not for sure where the fuses are located on the ex but are you sure they arent poped in the middle? I cant see honda not having a fuse inline for the lighting system. Next time tape up the loose ends to prevent this from happening.

quad_man08
03-01-2006, 03:15 PM
they arent regular round fuses. there "blade" fuses and you cant see in the middle. but ill check them again. thanx

04'400ex'er
03-01-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by quad_man08
they arent regular round fuses. there "blade" fuses and you cant see in the middle. but ill check them again. thanx There is a clear spot in the plastic between the blades. Look at the metal filament inside the plastic and see if there is a gap in it or not. If you still cant see then replace them both. make sure you get the right size. it says on the top.

quad_man08
03-02-2006, 06:09 PM
thanx, i just didnt look close enough at them. got it all fixed