PDA

View Full Version : raptor 700 Remap E.F.I. for new pipe only?

raptor brothers
03-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Do I need to remap the E.F.I. for a pipe only?I've called 3 different shops & got 3 different answers.Shop 1 said no I will be fine if I get a GYTR pipe.Shop 2 said yes & they will reprogram it for $175.Shop 3 said no if I only do the pipe,but if I do any more I would need a after market E.F.I. because the stock one isn't reprogramable.Whats going on?Does any one know?

fast raptor
03-01-2006, 07:14 PM
i dont own a 700 but i have heard and read everywere that it does not need it, they say it is for if you dont trust it.

Racing Rice
03-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Is it a slip on or full exhaust. Honestly though, I would remap either way! They run the quads very lean from stock due to EPA regulations. Fattening up the mixture alittle bit will improve throttle response and give you a little more power.

250r4life
03-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by fast raptor
i dont own a 700 but i have heard and read everywere that it does not need it, they say it is for if you dont trust it.

i dont own a 700 either, but that is the exact opposite of everything i have heard... all i have ever heard is that you do have to re-map if you put a pipe on it... there are several posts on here talking about it, you just gotta search for them...

Racing Rice
03-01-2006, 08:18 PM
There are two types of Fuel Injection setups. An open loop and a closed loop systems. The Raptor is an open loop system. A closed loop system has an O2 sensor that helps adjust A/F changes. With a closed loop system you do not need a Fuel management system for minor mods. An Open loop system however will not automatically adjust for changes, meaning you have to have something to compensate for for those changes.

HAVOK
03-04-2006, 02:46 PM
My buddy just put a pipe on his and he was told by his dealer no need to remap. I did find this today.
Yamaha Raptor 700 Vortex EFI Interceptor
Part Number: VT-3701
Price: $329
Product Information:

Vortex Performance (Australia) renowned for their expertise in Programmable Digital CD Ignitions announces the release of a new EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) control system, the “VORTEX EFI INTERCEPTOR”. The first release is targeted at the YAMAHA RAPTOR 700 EFI sport quad and will solve a problem of incorrect air/fuel ratio after the user has modified the standard configuration of Air box, Pipe and Silencer. The Raptor 700 is fuel injected and runs an open loop EFI system, meaning it has no sensor to determine if the air flow through the motor has been increased through the addition of aftermarket pipe, silencer and air box modifications. In carburetted systems the tuner would simply change the jetting to match the fuel flow to the increased air flow in order to maximise performance, however with EFI this is not so simple and the engine will run very lean and may cause engine damage. Vortex has taken the approach to offer an affordable yet highly sophisticated and robust product that provides a simple fix for a complex problem. As a small yet powerful plug in module the VORTEX EFI INTERCEPTOR taps into the fuel injector drive circuit from the standard ECU whilst monitoring the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) then remaps the injector pulses thus the fuel flow to better match the increased air flow created by the addition of air box and pipe modifications. This is done over all throttle positions and RPM. The pre-programmed fuel map is developed by Vortex Performance and is intended to work with aftermarket pipe and silencer combinations. In addition we have included three rotary switches which represent 0-33%, 34-66% and 67-100% Throttle Openings. Each switch allows the user to richen or lean the pre programmed Vortex Fuel Map by up to +/- 8% in 2% increments per click. The microprocessor controlled Interceptor re calculates the fuel maps and controls the fuel injector in accordance with the Vortex Fuel Map as well as the position of the switches. The switches act in a similar way to previously understood carburetor jets of, Pilot, Needle and Main. This is done by dividing the fuel adjustment controlled by the switches into three bands of throttle position 0 - 1/3, 1/3 - 2/3 and 2/3 - Full. In addition the switches can be set to the stock map (0, 0, 0) if the user needs to switch back to the standard configuration of pipe and air box. Most users of the VORTEX EFI INTERCEPTOR will simply plug it in and go! This is a simple installation which plugs into the standard wiring harness and takes only around 15 minutes. In addition the unit is fully programmable and can be re-mapped to suit other engine modifications such as cam, head and compression changes. This can be done using the optional Vortex EFI Software and interconnecting hardware (not supplied).

lzyga05
03-14-2006, 05:42 PM
u dont need to remap 100% but if u go for the full pipe the remaping adds 6 hp from wat i have read