PDA

View Full Version : Where to ride or race in Minnesota?

challett3
03-01-2006, 02:30 PM
HELP! I have a 2005 YFZ 450 and have no idea where to ride. Tried one trail system before winter hit, up by Mille lacs and it sucked, way to rocky and really for a 4x4.

I am looking for good trail riding, pits, and tracks. Also would love to meet some people to ride with. I live about 30 miles north/northwest of MPLS. Have truck and quad, just need somewhere to go and someone to go with.

Thanks for your help.

300exHONDARIDER
03-02-2006, 02:10 AM
Must have been red top?
Nemadji and danbury are alot better choices for sport quads, mostly smooth sandy trails, and just some rocks.
Nemadji is open year round, and i think danbury opens in may.
You can check out the mndnr website and itll have lots more ideas where to ride.
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/az.html
You cant live too far from me...i live about 30 nw of the cities too. There arent many places close to the cities that are leagl to ride...i think the tri county pits are the closest...by faribault.

challett3
03-02-2006, 04:00 PM
red top sounds right.

I live in Rogers, MN. How about you?

Thanks for the tips, I have heard of Danbury and heard good things, looking forward to checking it out.

Thanks again.

atvrulz
03-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Near mille lacs is dago lake area in willow river. tons of marked woods trails for quads at dago lake in willow river. Willow river is just north of Hinkley, right off of 35w.
There are nine or ten quad hairscrambles in MN this year.
There are nine quad mx only races this year in MN.
Every weekend starting in april to october there are quad/bike races every weekend in MN.

300exHONDARIDER
03-04-2006, 04:32 PM
I live just a bit east of you, in anoka.
Were probably going to black river falls this spring, when it opens, and next month were headed to little sahara, for a 3 day ride.
Your best bet is danbury and black river falls in wi.
I can let you know when were going, if youre interested.
Have you joined the atvam yet? They are the statewide atv orginization, and the spring connvention is not far away...itll be up by st cloud.There are also a list of clubs, on their website, which are always looking for new members to ride with.

challett3
03-05-2006, 12:19 PM
300ex, thanks for the tips. I am trying to coordiante with my friend in Tucson, AZ, I used to live there, a trip to Little Sahara as well. Maybe we can all coordinate. So yeah, keep me posted on the dates, I am interested.

I am not a member of that group. What is there website? I will join and hopefully if I am in town I can make the convention.

Whats the black river falls riding like? How far away is that?

Thanks again everyone for your tips. Sounds like Danbury is the best place near me, I will have to head there soon. My wife and I are looking at moving, buying property and building a new home so I plan to buy enough land to hopefully have a track to play on. I will keep you all posted.

flyin#5
03-06-2006, 08:38 PM
i live in osceola wisconsin... not to far away from you. we have a nice track to ride by my house... small one at my house, and some trails around my house and another friend's aswell. the track needs some work this spring to resurface the jumps and fill in some water ruts... if you want to ride out there let me know... it'd be nice to get some more people riding out there again so we can keep it maintained. here are a few pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Flyin5/S4200492_0001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Flyin5/S4200572.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Flyin5/IMGA0057.jpg

i dont have many pics of the track itself anymore so thats the best i could do... but its not a bad size. equipt with a 50 track and all.

challett3
03-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Hey Flyin#5, I know right were you are at. What is the track by your house? Is it a named one with races there or just one some guys through together. Either way, I am glad to know about it. I will for sure let you know when I can get out that way and hpoefully we can hook up. I like the pics by the way.

Are there other places around there you like? I sounds like Danbury is pretty sweet.

250r tanner
03-07-2006, 05:57 PM
i live in eagen i know a place in northfeld it is a atv pit
from the dnr its free

atvrulz
03-07-2006, 08:15 PM
In brooklyn park MN (near mpls) there is an mx track off of Hwy 610 and Hwy 169. It is next to the only farm field in brooklyn park. The owner charges $20 to ride on it. This is probably the last year it will be open since everything around there is being developed. This is the probably the closest mx track near mpls and St. paul area. Let me know if anyone needs more info.

challett3
03-08-2006, 06:44 AM
i live in eagen i know a place in northfeld it is a atv pit

Tanner can you provide some directions for this, I really appreciate it.

ATVrulz, can you tell me which corner of that intersection its on. NW, SW, etc... That is cool that it is so close to me, only 10 minutes away. Is there decent parking and/or any other facilities there?

atvrulz
03-08-2006, 06:55 AM
Hey Challet3,

If your driving north on Hwy 169 just past Hwy 610, and if you look to your right, you will see a large farm field. On the edge of the farm field you will see an mx track. Owners name is Paul and his number is 612 221 2530

Twinky
03-09-2006, 08:16 PM
If you ever wanna come down and ride at the Egelstad track just pm me.

challett3
03-10-2006, 07:10 AM
Hey Twinky, where is that track? Can you tell me city or directions or something? I am North West of Minneapolis.
Thanks!

Twinky
03-10-2006, 09:07 AM
The track is located jsut outside of hendricks, mn. It is like SW mn, it really close to the South Dakota border. we also have have some good natural area to ride to.

03-10-2006, 11:20 AM
I live in isle, friend has a practice track, and we got the rocky soo-line, by the red top is good now!:devil:

Jnblaster05
03-11-2006, 12:01 AM
Have you ridden the red top latley me and a couple buddys were thinking about riding there in a week or two. I was there last summer it was pretty fun. Some decent ditch riding up there if your into that.

03-11-2006, 07:03 AM
It should be good, watch out for dnr!

challett3
03-13-2006, 07:26 AM
Hey Jason,

What kind of riding is red top like? Sandy, rocky, turns, hills, etc????

YOur friends practice track, is it pretty nice, would he allow others on it??

03-16-2006, 03:52 PM
Im sure he might, but i would have to ask, the red top loop is hills, turns and rock, and sandy parts, we ride it in fifth gear on our 450r's!:devil:

challett3
03-18-2006, 06:48 AM
What's with all this snow...I thought riding season was about to start then last week hit. I am excited to hit some of these places you all mentioned...Thanks again for the tips...

flyin#5
03-19-2006, 08:13 PM
if anyone wants to ride this track out here just pm me when you want to go.

challett3
03-26-2006, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the offer flying#5, I will pm you in the future once it gets warmer out and check that out.

Anyone else have any rides planned in the next month or so....it should at least be warm by then..I hope.