PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know wat it could be??

Devan14
03-01-2006, 01:02 PM
I just got the motor rebuilt..a couple months ago..and when im driving it boggs..and than u cant give it more than 1/4 throttle or it boggs..and it makes like a put put sound..anyone know wat it could be?? And sometimes..it will run fine..and than all of a sudden..it starts doing that again..than it catchs sometimes..and goes like a bat out of hel* anyone know wat it could be??..thanks guys

ZeroLogic
03-01-2006, 01:22 PM
Clean your carb and your air filter. If that dosn't work I would get a carb rebuilt kit. They are 20$ off of Ebay.

honda460ex
03-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Definately your carb... Or filter. If you modified the motor much or changed the cam you might need to change to a higher flowing air filter and of course re-jet your carb. First time I rebuilt my 400ex I went to a 406 and went a little extreme on my cam. It wouldn't rev out hardly ever, and when it did it wasn't for long. Then I got the idea to take the airbox lid off, opened it up and she screamed. So depending on the mods you did with the rebuild, A. Carb or B. Air Flow is restricted. Good Luck!:devil:

Devan14
03-01-2006, 03:48 PM
I didnt mod it..i just did a rebuild..new cam, head, rocker arms...

honda460ex
03-01-2006, 03:54 PM
But the cam you put in has the same specs as factory? If it does, then definately check your carb out and clean it. Might have a piece of dirt getting sucked up in the bowl or something.