PDA

View Full Version : First mods w/ some problems.

cheetah
07-19-2002, 05:13 PM
I just put my first mods on today and am having some problems. I got a WB E-Series full system, an UNI air filter, and rejetted. The person I got my jets from bumped me up two sizes on the main and one on the pilot. It's running good but leaking gas out the overflow when I stop and let it idle. I figured there was something in the needle jet but i cleaned it out and still have the problem. Other than that good. A little nosier than I wanted, but oh well. Any help would be great.

airheadedduner
07-19-2002, 07:33 PM
your floats might have got bumped out of adjustment when it was jetted.

cheetah
07-19-2002, 10:49 PM
I thought of that and I went back in and checked that and everything seemed fine, someone said it might be something jammed in the needle and to just ride it and it may blow out or jar the floats loose but I guess if it's not fixed by monday i'll tear back into the carb. Any other suggestions.

Wheelie
07-20-2002, 12:01 PM
Remove the float and needle valve. Check the float for holes: it will be full of fuel, or submerge it in a small jar of fuel for awhile and see if air bubbles rise. If air bubbles emit from the float, replace it.

Remove the needle valve and inspect it for defects and thoroughly clean the needle seat and look for any debris that could be causing improper seating.

Hope this helps.....Good Luck!