PDA

View Full Version : Help- Best ATV Scenary in U.S

brazilian rider
03-01-2006, 11:28 AM
Hi,

I'm from Brazil and I'm heading to U.S to race mx.

I still haven't decided on wich city to live in but I want to choose one with lots of tracks and races near by and where the Motocross scenary is great, both for quads and dirtbikes.

I'm thinking about California and Florida. I've raced in Glen Helen once and I liked the area cause it's hot like Brazil (Florida too). Not so cold like other places is the states.

I'm looking for places to work with quads and a place to live with. It would be perfect to live with people that are into quads.

Any help would be great!

PismoLocal
03-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Look into moving around los angles or some where just west of there. Theres three MotoX tracks within 2 hours of LA. Glamis is 4 hours away and Pismo is 4 hours away. Its a win win situation if you want your career to be in motor sports.

quadrcr161
03-01-2006, 11:51 AM
look around central AL, have several MX tracks, and one national here in the state. full MX series and several tracks to look at for practice on weekend. also cost of living will be a lot cheaper here then Cali.

brazilian rider
03-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Thanks a lot, can we practice with quads on these tracks? What about Perris, Glen Helen and Lake Elsinore?

Do you know some company on the ATV industrie that I can work for? Looking for simple jobs in the beggining like washing quads whatever. :D

Mxjunkie
03-01-2006, 11:54 AM
If you can put up with cold, PA has tracks our the arse to ride at and more coal mine/trails.

west virgina too..

I'd say move to cali, glamis, pismo yumm

allways hot there too..

brazilian rider
03-01-2006, 02:34 PM
I just saw that most of the pro racers are from East Cost. :(

Does that mean that the scenary for amateurs racers in Cali is not good?

I want a place near where I can practice on many tracks and race local races you know?

Do you think Cali is a good place for that? (local/amateur races)

quadrcr161
03-01-2006, 02:45 PM
the east is where most of the nationals are held, also where most of the tracks are at.

cali is ok i would guess, but the price of living is so high, and the enviro nuts all come from there. you said something about finding a job just washing bikes and what not at a shop, i dont think it would be possible to live off of what that would pay let alone race and travel.

not saying Alabama is the best place, but we have one of the few, atv only series local with some very fast riders. probably 10 tracks that could just hit up and ride on the weekends, close to the southers nationals, Lorettas, GA, and a national at a local track, MillCreek, and i saw an add for a sales man at a local shop. i will dig up the add for you if your interested. plus if you want XC racing there are a few local XC series and the national series will be close also.

brazilian rider
03-01-2006, 03:24 PM
Man I'd apreciate if you could tell me more about this add.

Washing quads or other things would be one of my jobs lol. I'm gonna look for one more job.

These 10 tracks you said, are they close to each other?
Is it easy to find a place to live near one of these tracks?

KWAD GAWD
03-01-2006, 03:26 PM
I think you mean: SCENE. Scenery is nice looking landscapes. Pretty mountains! You mean: "Where is the best ATV racing scene?"
Well, it really doesn't matter. You can race wherever you are... you just need lots of money to race the "Nationals" which is the BEST MX racing scenery by far.

brazilian rider
03-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Sorry about that.

I know and I raced one of the Nationals rounds (glen helen).

I will not have money to race the Nationals (and I'm not fast enough yet ) that's why I'm asking for a place where I can practice and race lots of local races near by cause I will not have $ to travel long distances, lol!

knighttime
03-01-2006, 05:33 PM
sounds like Alabama would be your best bet.

Dont move to California unless you have a chitload of money.

Alabama would be the best place for you.

:bandit:

brazilian rider
03-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Really?

Is it better than PA? (for what I'm looking for)

California is more expensive but you get paid more too. Can't forget that. So it's the same.

brazilian rider
03-03-2006, 11:00 AM
I'm thinking about Orlando too cause the weather is better for me there. What you guys think about it? I heard motocross and quads there are huge too, lots of tracks to practice and lots of local races too. Is this true?

brazilian rider
04-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Anyone?

KWAD GAWD
04-05-2006, 02:50 PM
I think Alaska has the best scenery.

Honda TRX250ex
04-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by brazilian rider
Really?

Is it better than PA? (for what I'm looking for)

California is more expensive but you get paid more too. Can't forget that. So it's the same.
PA is a great place to live. But in some areas it is getting over populated IMO. Where i live right now there use to be about 10000 people and now there is probly almost 70000 people. To many for me, and also the everything gets more expinsive here.

If i had a choice to live where ever i want id pick the mid-west or the west.