PDA

View Full Version : XC, MC, TT, MX, can someone explane what the differences are?

Lorduss
07-19-2002, 04:58 PM
hey guys, im new to racing, what do all these terms mean ? and how is the racing different in each ?
XC, MC, TT, MX i dont get it all.

YamaWarr0121
07-19-2002, 10:30 PM
XC, MC, TT, MX

XC - would be cross country, trail racing and riding going up hills and around obsticles

MC -..motocross? that would be MX

MX - that would be Motocross, a racetrack filled with jumps, whoops, berms, and other things you'll find at a local track, thats the thing most people ride and the thing that the 400ex excels at

TT- is flat track racing, lowered quads and semi- slick tires make it either an oval or curved racetrack

hopes this helps

Mx quads are usually widened a lot and equppied with good suspenion and many motor mods

TT's are really low to the ground along with being very wide kind of like MX

Lorduss
07-20-2002, 01:44 AM
thanks, that makes sense, i do the national track at glen helen, is it MC or MX ?

Ride400exj
07-20-2002, 02:15 PM
Glen Helen is Mx but i was told its a very hard track i ride at comp park Mx its a bad ***** please whent ehre for the first time last night has 7 tracks and quad are aloud on all of them its great and its made for quad it has room to do the doubles and unlike how dirtbikes can do doubles with very little room us quad need a little more try comp park Email me for more info i raced there last night and they asked me if i knew any one tht wanted to race there they were going to give us quads are own day to have a full race day and stuff like that.

Jason

--------------------------
01 400Ex

Nausty
07-20-2002, 04:35 PM
do they open up the hills there?

Ride400exj
07-20-2002, 07:08 PM
At comp park they dont i dont think so