PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to alpinestar tech 8

mxracer
03-01-2006, 11:10 AM
I want to know if someone know if there are other boot that can be compared to tech 8 in quality.Iconsider alpinestar to be the best but I think they are a litlle overpriced I wonder if another4 boot is as much good but with a cheaper price
Thanks guys

jlhughes750
03-01-2006, 01:22 PM
SIDI.......well built and reasonably priced!!

Flynbryan19
03-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Garne

They are made by alpinestar and SIDI's are good as well. But, for that level of quality your going have to pay the piper. Its just the way it is.

Chino886
03-02-2006, 06:10 AM
I would go with the Gaerne SG-10s! That is what I am wearing now and let me tell you, the boot is comfortable and looks good too if that matters to you. It gives you all the comfort that you need. The buckle system is second to none. I would say all around good boot.

mxracer
03-02-2006, 07:25 AM
Thanks guys but I don't think my sponsor sell gaern boots...
What do you think about the oneal harware boots??and the fox forma pro??

Chino886
03-02-2006, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by mxracer
Thanks guys but I don't think my sponsor sell gaern boots...
What do you think about the oneal harware boots??and the fox forma pro??

Between Oneal and Fox, I would go for the Fox any day (and twice on race days)!

03-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Oxtar boots, only way to go :macho

STILLinFRONT
03-02-2006, 10:36 AM
I use alpinestar Tech 6.
Same as the tech 8, no removable bootie. Much cheaper.

hsr
03-02-2006, 02:49 PM
O'Neal Hardwear, they got the booty and the whole nine yards.:)

XCRACER26
03-02-2006, 05:50 PM
I just got my sixsixone flight boots and i love them to death.

400grl
03-03-2006, 09:13 AM
I second the OXTAR vote!!!! VERY NICE BOOT!

06yfm350
03-03-2006, 02:07 PM
i ordered thor quadrants.. never got them yet, anyone else have these?

adrenalinefreak
03-03-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by 06yfm350
i ordered thor quadrants.. never got them yet, anyone else have these?

I have them. Actually both my boyfriend and I have them!

They are not bad either! No break in time whatsoever.

I like them, but I am looking for my next pair with more protection...

Looking at the Berrik and the SG 10's.

Since I am racing....just think it's a good idea to have more protection, but overall the quadrants are great boots...especially for the price. Less than $130!

But sometimes when you are looking at costs you should also look at the long run. For instance...if you crash and break your ankle and cant ride for months...then how much did those boots or no nerf bars or etc...really cost?

I am right there with you on the lack of funds to get everything I need to race but I always try to keep in mind quality is important...

The thors are nice though...worth the money!

maggiesboy
03-03-2006, 09:22 PM
Berrick is purdy pimp.........

Tech 6 is bomb proof

forma pro is chit

thor blow goats

fly is too damn big (size 12 is 1" longer than A-Stars)

Oxtar......sorry, I haven't worn those

450RGNCC
03-03-2006, 10:26 PM
I wear the alpinestars vector boots and I like them, but break in time is taking a little while. I tried on Fly boots and Thor quadrant boots and they were possibly the most uncomfortable things that I have ever worn, i dont know how anyone could ride in either of those...

adrenalinefreak
03-04-2006, 10:41 AM
I don't think the thors are uncomfortable. Actually I put a pair of the new Alpinestars Stella Tech 6 boots on at work and I felt like those were uncomfortable....hurt my ankles.

I can't say that my thoughts and feelings are founded because Thor boots are my first pair of boots....but I still like them...not a bad boot...

I'm not sure which boots I am going with next. I'm thinking between the Stellas (maybe they'll be better with better socks and a little break in time. Or the Gaerne SG-10's!! Heard they are the best protective boot out from a bunch of different people.

Chino886
03-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by adrenalinefreak
I don't think the thors are uncomfortable. Actually I put a pair of the new Alpinestars Stella Tech 6 boots on at work and I felt like those were uncomfortable....hurt my ankles.

I can't say that my thoughts and feelings are founded because Thor boots are my first pair of boots....but I still like them...not a bad boot...

I'm not sure which boots I am going with next. I'm thinking between the Stellas (maybe they'll be better with better socks and a little break in time. Or the Gaerne SG-10's!! Heard they are the best protective boot out from a bunch of different people.

The SG-10s are the best protective boot my foot has ever been in....:D

WORCSYFZ199
03-05-2006, 01:49 AM
I really want to get some Tech 10's but they are pricey, my Tech 8's work good and are super comfy but are a little heavy and the ankle protection isn't the best. The Oneal Hardwear is a good boot comparable to Tech 8's check them out