PDA

View Full Version : headlight

lrd300
03-01-2006, 10:49 AM
i just purchased a 250r and it doesn't have a headlight, looks like an aftermarket stem, and protaper bars. if i bought a stock headlight would it mount up, or am i going to have to do some fabricating. is there any aftermarket lights for a good price? i am planning on riding at night a good bit, but really wasn't wanting to go through floating the stator and all. any suggestions?
thanks.

matt250r21
03-01-2006, 11:22 AM
88-89 250Rs have the headlight in the front plastic, check ebay they go pretty cheap. This will bolt right up to all year stock plastic w/ no mods to your stem. But the headlight will not turn with the bars. I have a 86-87 headlight that bolts to the stem if you want it let me know.

Tom TRX250R
03-01-2006, 02:09 PM
I just recently had the same problem, after buying an aftermarket steering stem. There is a few options you can do:
1)Run the 88-89 hood with headlight in hood
2)Buy aftermarket lights and mount them. You can either buy a mount that will mount them to your steering stem so the lights turn with your handlebars or I went the route of making aluminum brackets and mounting them off the top of my shock mount. Works great and I was surprised how much brighter they are than stock. Check ebay under 250R lights and a pair for about $25 is the ones I went with. My .02!