PDA

View Full Version : fmf pipes

curious george
03-01-2006, 10:16 AM
i just bought a power core four online what im i gaining in hp? i have a open air box jetted,w/bro. rev kit.

troutman561
03-01-2006, 10:29 AM
You should see good gains, all 400ex pipes are about the same tho, I have no idea about the hp over stock. It does improve bottom end but seems to make improvments in the whole power band. And a suggestion, take the white bros rev box off, it slowed my bike down badly...

curious george
03-01-2006, 10:49 AM
my bike now has a shaved piston head,valve racing springs 16t front to 38t rear and rev box. i top out at 85 and have no problem getting up there. my quad is like a two stroke that is how it rides i love it. open air box makes up the low end with that 16t front.

hrc
03-01-2006, 12:56 PM
With out a header you wont noctice much.

wolffie
03-01-2006, 01:23 PM
curious george, you top out at 85?!?!?! that is pretty insane! did you shoot that with a spedometer gun (radar gun, what ever you call them) or are you just estimating your top speed?

Rip_Tear
03-01-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by curious george
my quad is like a two stroke that is how it rides i love it.

Is a 400ex though? Which is a four stroke. Just checking.

jason43050
03-01-2006, 02:50 PM
my bike now has a shaved piston head,valve racing springs 16t front to 38t rear and rev box. i top out at 85 and have no problem getting up there. my quad is like a two stroke that is how it rides i love it. open air box makes up the low end with that 16t front. he's smoking some good crap if he thinks he's going 85 on a 400 ex. i don't care what you've done to it....

04'400ex'er
03-01-2006, 03:15 PM
my bike now has a shaved piston head,valve racing springs 16t front to 38t rear and rev box. i top out at 85 and have no problem getting up there. my quad is like a two stroke that is how it rides i love it. open air box makes up the low end with that 16t front. first off, with the stock rear sprocket and a 16 tooth front you DO NOT top out at 85, you are lucky to hit 65. Most likely around 62-63. Second off, springs will not give you any more power. and a shaved head will give you minimal gains. what was the reason for adding stiffer springs? if you still have the stock cam you are lookin at trouble soon...A flat cam.

CHEVYZ
03-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Umm.. they do more than 65 stock if you have a bike that runs properly.

For the question, I find that the FMF actually does very well. I have had great luck with mine throughout the years. To the guy that said that you want notice much without a header, that is untrue. The header barely gives you any more power, to be honest. By just adding a slip-on alone you should see a good bit more power.

hrc
03-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by CHEVYZ
Umm.. they do more than 65 stock if you have a bike that runs properly.

For the question, I find that the FMF actually does very well. I have had great luck with mine throughout the years. To the guy that said that you want notice much without a header, that is untrue. The header barely gives you any more power, to be honest. By just adding a slip-on alone you should see a good bit more power.

Well when I put my power core 4 on my quad I hardley recieved much power. Then I put a fmf header on and I noticed more of a power increase from what I got from the power core slip on.

okieRrider
03-01-2006, 08:01 PM
I just insatalled this slip on on my bike and I love it. It has a great tone and noticeable power through the whole powerband...Chris

speedracer350X
03-02-2006, 05:08 AM
I really like mine. I installed mine back in Sept. Also with a K/N, + outerwears. Also running open airbox(no lid, but with outerwear cover). I just wanted a little more umph and a good 4 stroke sound. I'm impressed with it, had to really play around with the jetting, but finally got it dialed in. It's not arm ripping power, but I did notice it opened it up some all across the power band. More responsive now when you crack the throttle. For a silencer, it was a good buy. Just my $0.02.

curious george
03-02-2006, 01:02 PM
um yes just so you know i was clocked at 84 mph by massuchessets E.P.A officer and had to pay a $200.00 ticket and a night in the impuond (my bike was not me) and had to pay the bill for that and towing. oh and stock 400ex out of the box go 68-70. info from a honda tech. he also told me not to get an after market exhaust for a while, intill the bike was fully broken in and all that jive. so if you guys think it only goes 63-65 YOU must be smoking the WRONG stuff.

wheeltrax
03-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Your quad does not do 84 with the mods you have listed.

04'400ex'er
03-02-2006, 02:30 PM
um yes just so you know i was clocked at 84 mph by massuchessets E.P.A officer and had to pay a $200.00 ticket and a night in the impuond (my bike was not me) and had to pay the bill for that and towing. oh and stock 400ex out of the box go 68-70. info from a honda tech. he also told me not to get an after market exhaust for a while, intill the bike was fully broken in and all that jive. so if you guys think it only goes 63-65 YOU must be smoking the WRONG stuff.
Dear Cheech,
I own a radar gun along with a truck that has a speedometer in it, believe it or not. The radar gun read an average of 59MPH on my 04' 400ex when it was stock. This was on level pavement, and I weigh 180lbs. My bro got a best of 64MPH out of his 04' banshee when it was bone stock also. Now with the mods he has to the banshee, which include: Noss Machine head, FMF SST's Timing advance plate, K&N pods, and DynoJet Needles, I follow him in my truck doin right around 70MPH. Keep in mind this is on a two stroke and with mods you will see a greater increase in top end speed as to a four stroke.

Also, the JIVE you were fed by your "honda tech" about waiting for awhile to get a pipe is about as ignorant as your idea of your ex running 84mph. it takes a whole 2 hrs to break one in properly according to the manual.

You need to check your facts a little more before you start a flame like this.:rolleyes:

curious george
03-03-2006, 10:37 AM
no it takes up to 20 hours on abreak in and at least 15 miles of shifting slowly to work in the trany. plus not puting on a aftermarket pipe will help your machine break in right because it was made to run with the components all working to gather so the jetting should not be changed, and a pipe should not be sliped on untill after break in and yes i still stand by the ticket that i got being clocked at 84 mph so you thinking i didnot doesnt mean anything to me i know i did and if you want to see it happen come to orange mass. and i will show you.( and p.s. i did not start this flame you guys did):rolleyes:

04'400ex'er
03-03-2006, 03:28 PM
no it takes up to 20 hours on abreak in and at least 15 miles of shifting slowly to work in the trany. plus not puting on a aftermarket pipe will help your machine break in right because it was made to run with the components all working to gather so the jetting should not be changed, and a pipe should not be sliped on untill after break in and yes i still stand by the ticket that i got being clocked at 84 mph so you thinking i didnot doesnt mean anything to me i know i did and if you want to see it happen come to orange mass. and i will show you.( and p.s. i did not start this flame you guys did):rolleyes:
" Break-In Guidelines
Help assure your ATV's future reliability and performance by paying extra attention to how you ride during the first operating day or 15 miles (25 km).

During this period, avoid full-throttle starts and rapid accleleration." UnQuote.

That is straight out of the owners manual. Notice it says "DAY". Also, please explain to me why honda delarships install the HRC kit including the cam, header, endcap, and different carb jets on a new machine, then warrenty it? They just dont know as much as you about working in components and "working in the tranny" huh? I am not going to argue with you on this because you are obviously too immature to admit your ignorance. You just need to grow up and take responsibility for your remarks.

And I will drive my 400EX 84MPH all the way to orange, mass. so you can show me. :rolleyes: lol.

Come on kid...:huh

curious george
03-06-2006, 05:25 PM
i would have answered sooner but i was to busy riding then being told what my quad "does not do" in this thread. that is just what i was told i will admit i was wrong it doenst take much but even einstein had his fualts. but my qaud does do between 80-85 it takes a**** load of feild to do it and it beats the **** out of my quad that is why i have rebuilt twice and i am dumb for still doing it i just have money. next rebuild it is going to be a 502 or a 440. deciding what i want yet:D

curious george
03-06-2006, 05:27 PM
p.s. i am not trying to make enemys just freinds so we should just ride and let by gones be by gones

norcalatver
03-06-2006, 05:31 PM
p.s. i am not trying to make enemys just freinds so we should just ride and let by gones be by gones
Dude, just post your ticket. No one could refute you then!

curious george
03-09-2006, 07:13 AM
thats a good point i will when i have found a scanner or i will take a pic. that is if i still have it wich i probably do.