PDA

View Full Version : Hot450girl just bought a GSXR 1000

hot450girl
03-01-2006, 09:06 AM
Hey everybody, I haven't really been on here in years, but I wanted to stop in a read some posts and catch up on things.

I just bought a 20006 suzuki GSXR 1000, it's pretty sweet. I already lowered it. It's silver and grey plastic. I'm thinking about powder coating the frame pink, what do you guys think?? :)

The YFZ 450 is alright. Stock is getting too slow for me though. I don't have any money to put into it.....Anyone have any ideas of cheap ways to make things go faster? HA!

MR.BIG
03-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Did you take the airbox lid off and rejet it. That will give a slight increase in power. Post some pics of you and your gsxr1000!

hot450girl
03-01-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
Did you take the airbox lid off and rejet it. That will give a slight increase in power. Post some pics of you and your gsxr1000!

Yeah I tried the airbox lid thing but I'm waiting on the whole rejetting thing. I haven't ridden it in a while so this year I hope to do a couple things to it.

I'll post pictures of the 1000 once I get some. Hopefully I go riding tonight if it doesn't rain! :)

MR.BIG
03-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by hot450girl
Yeah I tried the airbox lid thing but I'm waiting on the whole rejetting thing. I haven't ridden it in a while so this year I hope to do a couple things to it.

I'll post pictures of the 1000 once I get some. Hopefully I go riding tonight if it doesn't rain! :)

I think it might be a little cold to go riding. What's the temp. There?

dober250R
03-01-2006, 10:00 AM
I work in monroe, and it's gorgeous out!!!

JLanphear
03-01-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by MR.BIG

Haha, I was about to say good luck rejeting a fuel injected motorcycle, but then I realized you were talking about the quad... :)

Nice buy hot450girl, I'd take that bike in a heartbeat...would put it back to stock height....but I'd sure take it. Hehe.

I think the frame would look better polished than PC'ed, but that's just me....plus pink isn't my color.

If my bike didn't end up on the ground so much I could justify getting a 2006.

dober250R
03-01-2006, 10:07 AM
the sun is shining and it's about 40 degrees.............i'm staring out the window right now

hot450girl
03-01-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by JLanphear
Haha, I was about to say good luck rejeting a fuel injected motorcycle, but then I realized you were talking about the quad... :)

Nice buy hot450girl, I'd take that bike in a heartbeat...would put it back to stock height....but I'd sure take it. Hehe.

I think the frame would look better polished than PC'ed, but that's just me....plus pink isn't my color.

If my bike didn't end up on the ground so much I could justify getting a 2006.

HAHA! I had to hammer it to the ground, I couldn't hold it up straight legged, I have to have my knees bent, it makes me feel like I have better control.

Now for the weather, It's like 40 I think. I ride the YFZ in the snow so this is like a heat wave!!

I might just leave the bike alone, I like it all stock and just lowered, it's pretty sweet. I have a pink helmet and pink ICON jacket anyways so I think that is good enough!

derekhonda
03-01-2006, 10:13 AM
Hey everybody, I haven't really been on here in years, but I wanted to stop in a read some posts and catch up on things.

I just bought a 20006 suzuki GSXR 1000, it's pretty sweet. I already lowered it. It's black and grey plastic. I'm thinking about powder coating the frame pink, what do you guys think?? :)

The YFZ 450 is alright. Stock is getting too slow for me though. I don't have any money to put into it.....Anyone have any ideas of cheap ways to make things go faster? HA!

This thing must be amazing, I heard they werent suppose to release them for 18,000 more years. :blah: Post up some pictures!

JLanphear
03-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
This thing must be amazing, I heard they werent suppose to release them for 18,000 more years. :blah: Post up some pictures!

haha i'm glad I waited for someone else to mention that because your response is much better than anything I thought up.

As far as modifications go, I like the subtle route. Little things here and there to kind of set it apart from a stock one, but nothing crazy. A nice pipe would be good too....I personally like the highmounts. A pipe will give it a nicer look than stock, and a much better sound. Though the pipe on the 2006's is a bit different than most you see anyway.

Oh and don't forget an undertail kit to get rid of that rear fender/"mudflap"

oh and my woman wants the pink outfit too...geeeeeez

dober250R
03-01-2006, 10:22 AM
where did you buy it from?

MR.BIG
03-01-2006, 10:31 AM
The jetsons!

Racing Rice
03-01-2006, 10:38 AM
Congrats on the new Gix, got any pics?

hot450girl
03-01-2006, 11:11 AM
"Oh and don't forget an undertail kit to get rid of that rear fender/"mudflap"

I'm definitly getting rid of that hideous black reflect mudflap and buying a undertail kit, that thing is seriously, oh gosh i dont even want to think about it.

I bought it from bright powersports in allen park MI.

And hey let your women get a pink outfit, but just warn her it sticks out like a sore thumb. All pink riding gear is so dang bright, EVERYONE sees me coming. It's kind of funny actually.

I'm going to try to get pictures tonight. I don't have a digital, I dont even really have a camera that works well but I am going to try my best to get some on here!

coolex
03-01-2006, 01:15 PM
ya u should get a hig pipe cuz they look awsome

hot450girl
03-02-2006, 06:31 AM
Sorry guys I wasn't able to get any pictures due to the rain, sleet and hail we got here yesterday. The lighting in the garage sucks too, so it's going to be a while! :(

Hondadudeehhhh
03-02-2006, 07:59 AM
Sorry guys I wasn't able to get any pictures due to the rain, sleet and hail we got here yesterday. The lighting in the garage sucks too, so it's going to be a while! :(

yeah that sucks. We got the day off of school here. I thought you sold the yfz :confused: but thats sweet you got a GSXR. Are you still working out here by ann arbor? It will be fun driving that bike up here from monroe in the summer time huh? Just dont hurt yourself on it because those bikes are rediculously fast

BTW nice to see you back around the boards, are you still friends witht the guetter boys?

03-02-2006, 08:43 AM
after experience i bet you'll be just like this girl:

:devil:

hot450girl
03-02-2006, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
yeah that sucks. We got the day off of school here. I thought you sold the yfz :confused: but thats sweet you got a GSXR. Are you still working out here by ann arbor? It will be fun driving that bike up here from monroe in the summer time huh? Just dont hurt yourself on it because those bikes are rediculously fast

BTW nice to see you back around the boards, are you still friends witht the guetter boys?

Guetter Who? :blah:

Yeah I still work in Ann arbor. It definitly sucked driving to work today in the freezing rain.

I didn't sell the YFZ. I decided not too because I knew I would lose a lot of money on it. So now I have TWO awesome toys!!

Racing Rice
03-02-2006, 09:26 AM

I didn't sell the YFZ. I decided not too because I knew I would lose a lot of money on it. So now I have TWO awesome toys!!

You probably would have regreted it. I know when I went to street I always missed dirt riding. Never again. I will have one of each!:D