PDA

View Full Version : 3 lug to 4 lug conversion????

redneck2725
03-01-2006, 12:11 AM
I bought my kid a mini quad with 6" wheels and a 3 lug pattern. Can i just swap out the hub to make it a 4 bolt??? How do i know which hubs will fit??? What do i need to measure?? Thanks for any help possible. I want to goto a 8" rim, but can't find one that fits a 3 lug pattern.

03sp500
03-01-2006, 04:59 AM
You have to match spline depth, and number of splines, and diameter of the axle itself. also need to match bolt pattern with the wheels you want to use.

redneck2725
03-01-2006, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by 03sp500
You have to match spline depth, and number of splines, and diameter of the axle itself. also need to match bolt pattern with the wheels you want to use.

Ok, how do i measure this items to find a match??? I want to actually get a longer hub to increase the width of the tires. I know i can just count the splines to get that #. Also, once i find the hubs i will use, then i will worry about the wheels. I would like to maybe go with the 4/100 pattern, if i can find a hub that will fit.

03sp500
03-01-2006, 06:15 AM
The spline depth is the length of the splines end to end, that should be close to the length of the inside of the hub were the splines are.

for example i put 400 ex hubs on my son Pred 90 the splines were the same and the pattern was 4/110 the ex hubs were 1.5 inches longer it gave me 3 inch total.

start by getting all the numbers and ask around the forum someone will most likely know what that combo fits. all else fails get the numbers and go see your local dealer and have him check the in stock hubs for you (gotta have a nice dealer)

once you find the hub you need hit e-bay

hope it helps

redneck2725
03-01-2006, 06:39 AM
hope it helps It does. I bought a UTM, but it's built really well. Has the double A-arms, and pretty much a Honda XR motor. The engines are nearly indentical. Only diff is the kick start. I like the quad, but it has these tiny, crappy tires that makes it very unstable in turns.

redneck2725
03-02-2006, 09:47 PM
I think a Polaris hub will fit, just need to get a test unit