PDA

View Full Version : Bought A Polaris Outlaw!!!!!

lvlenace
02-28-2006, 09:20 PM
After much hasseling and 3 months of waiting, my dealership called me this afternoon and told me they got ONE Polaris Outlaw today and had it assembled for me in the showroom! :eek2: Tomorrow morning I will be there at 9am when they open to buy it! It will be waiting for me when I get home from school on Thursday, maybe TOMORROW!! I'll have pics and videos of it by Thursday night. :devil: HAHAAAA!!!!! I'm the second! WOOT! Big upgrade from a Trail Blazer! (250cc, 2 stroke, automatic piece of ****). Talk to ya Thursday night! :blah:

bradley300
03-01-2006, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by lvlenace
Big upgrade from a Trail Blazer! (250cc, 2 stroke, automatic piece of ****). Talk to ya Thursday night! :blah:

hell yeah it is!lol tell us how you like it! i'm torn between an 06 TLD pred and an outlaw right now

wolffie
03-01-2006, 12:20 PM
sounds sweet man! deffinetly post some vids for us!!!!!!!!!

DOHC
03-01-2006, 02:42 PM
o man ur lucky:mad:

CHADHIX
03-01-2006, 03:21 PM
Hey, I am glad to see you have your Outlaw!! I absolutley love mine. After I rode Stephanies Outlaw here at our store on our test track I have had Outlaw fever!! I just spent the winter pimping out my 06 pred L.E. for this season, But now I need to start all over with my new machine. I have rode it about 6 hours total. The ride is unbelivable!!! So smooth, The ruts going up hills that I had to straddle with the Predator now act like berms shooting me up them like a rocket!!! I swear I am much faster in the woods on this stock machine than on my modified predator. The only thing that I have changed is the tire to Razor 2s and added a set of cycra pro bends. This thing is ready to race. I cannot wait to get it on the track. We are rooting for Stephanie to bring home a big win from Florida aboard her Outlaw!!

GE4x4
03-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Very Very pleased with mine so far. Very good torque and power and a unbeliveable ride. :D :D :D

wolffie
03-01-2006, 05:06 PM
chadhix, sounds great! everyone seems to really love the outlaw! i know Calds650 already took his too the dunes and reported it worked well there as well!

can you guys think of any complaints? have you had the oppurtunity to compare/race around with othe machines? from what i hear it is a helluva good machine, the only problem being the weight!

calds650
03-01-2006, 05:52 PM
You all have fun I have:D PS the Outlaw works great out in the desert too

CHADHIX
03-01-2006, 07:16 PM
I race XC on my machines. The machine does not feel heavy at all. I think it more than makes up for it in tight woods handling.The machine is just so nimble in the tight stuff!!! The brakes will stop you on a dime, just tap the brakes and slide it in and out of the trees.I have found myself finding higher gears than I would usally do on my pred. 1st and 2nd on my pred have turned into 2nd and 3rd,4th on straights on the outlaw. The predator is no slouch, but the way the machine handles just lets me find higher gears because of its handling-ride. I just got my polaris performance front bumper today at work. It looks sick!! It looks like the pp logo from the race division. My pipe should be in about a week from now. If anyone has any questions for me, feel free to ask. I am the GM at Don Wood Polaris in Athens,Ohio, So these machine are a big part of my life!!! I am around atvs more than I am around my wife!! Thank god she puts up with me!

CHADHIX
03-01-2006, 07:22 PM
By the way Calds, I would love to try the dunes sometime. I am glad that you have enjoyed your machine so far. We are looking at putting together a team for BAJA. I think that it would be a blast.

lvlenace
03-01-2006, 07:39 PM
Haha just drove mine first thing this morning when I got it! All I have to say is WOW. The way it eats up ruts and the power it has stock is insane! I was flying down my road in fifth gear floored out and the wind almost blew my helmet off! Way better than what I thought it was going to be! For the wear-in my dealer said to take it easy with the first half tank, which I did with a whole tank, and then I could floor it as much as I like. Does that sound right? They also said to use Premium gas and that it wouldn't damage my quad.

CHADHIX
03-01-2006, 08:43 PM
Sounds great! the machine will be fine running on high octane,that is what they like. I would just take it easy the first couple of short rides,to just let everything loosen up a bit. Remember to let it warm up,and change the oil after 2nd tank of fuel. Lots of new clutch fibers floating around in oil is nasty on the filter.

lvlenace
03-01-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by CHADHIX
Sounds great! the machine will be fine running on high octane,that is what they like. I would just take it easy the first couple of short rides,to just let everything loosen up a bit. Remember to let it warm up,and change the oil after 2nd tank of fuel. Lots of new clutch fibers floating around in oil is nasty on the filter.

I'm taking it easy most of the time, but I do go wide open SOMETIMES, only because I want it to be fuly worn-in when I change the oil tomorrow. Can't wait to race my friend on his new '05 YFZ450 tomorrow on an open shale straightaway!

TYLER329
03-02-2006, 06:15 AM
I have had my Outlaw now for two weeks and am in love with it!!! My first race is 4/2/06! Hopefully I will have the beadlocks for the rear by then. HMF still doesn't have the pipe ready yet.

bradley300
03-02-2006, 06:40 AM
wow, everyone really seems to like thiers! i'm torn on what to do, i can get a 06 TLD for less than 6000 out the door, but we never realy talked about an outlaw. i would REALLY like to ride one before i bought it, they are heavy, which wouldnt bother me if i weighed a little more than 135 lbs, lol. anyone with an outlaw race xc at haspin that might be intersted in letting me take a test drive?:D

wolffie
03-02-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by lvlenace
I'm taking it easy most of the time, but I do go wide open SOMETIMES, only because I want it to be fuly worn-in when I change the oil tomorrow. Can't wait to race my friend on his new '05 YFZ450 tomorrow on an open shale straightaway!

Ivlenace, dont be discouraged if your friend with the yfz still beats you! my buddy's 450r will eat my pred by about 1-3 lenghts on an 800ft drag:eek2:

now around an xc track, that will be a different story. that will come down to who is the better rider:devil: (yfz has the power + lightweight, the outlaw has the control with the IRS setup)

GE4x4
03-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by CHADHIX
I just got my polaris performance front bumper today at work. It looks sick!! It looks like the pp logo from the race division. My pipe should be in about a week from now. If anyone has any questions for me, feel free to ask.

Is that bumper for the Outlaw? If so what part number and is there any other things for it?

CHADHIX
03-02-2006, 06:34 PM
Yes it is made just for the outlaw. Part #2875837. It retails for a little over $100.00. I was very suprised when it come in on tuesday,I figured it would take a while for our outlaw parts to start coming into our store. These machines are selling fast!! I only have one left in stock,fresh out of its crate today.:D

Blood500
03-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Chad
You own a dealer, how much you charge to rebuild shocks. thanks

Ryan

lvlenace
03-02-2006, 07:54 PM
I'm not discouraged, by the looks of it in the snow today I could beat my friend on his yfz easily. He's a little heavy (built, not fat) so it makes the weight not-so-important, me being only 120 pounds, him like 160-180ish. He told me that he thinks I'd start off a lot faster and he'd catch up cause my top speed is around 70. Thats gonna change as soon as he gets a pipe for it...

Today we were driving down a slushy, crappy road in the bottom of fifth. I had my throttle in enough to keep from slowing down, then he started to pull up on my left (he said later he was at quarter throttle). We looked at each other and just floored it. It seemed like I slowed down at first while he pulled away because of the slushy road, but as soon as I started to speed up I flew right past him. When I did he started sliding around and slowed down. I swear it'd be something like in a movie but it's funny as hell to think about afterwards.

Quad Boy 660r
03-02-2006, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
wow, everyone really seems to like thiers! i'm torn on what to do, i can get a 06 TLD for less than 6000 out the door, but we never realy talked about an outlaw. i would REALLY like to ride one before i bought it, they are heavy, which wouldnt bother me if i weighed a little more than 135 lbs, lol. anyone with an outlaw race xc at haspin that might be intersted in letting me take a test drive?:D

Sorry, no Outlaw here, but which races at Haspin are you planning on doing? Looks like I will only make a few of the last ones, and maybe the Halloween 100. Not trying to hijack a thread.

TYLER329
03-03-2006, 06:17 AM
I totally agree about the sales thing. These Outlaws are going to be hot. I have already quoted about 4 trades in the last two days. I think that it is funny how people complain about the weight before they ever even ride it. You can't feel the weight!!!! There isn't a quad out there that rides like this thing.

CHADHIX
03-03-2006, 11:06 AM
blood550, we send our shocks down the road to BWR suspention.The phone #is 740-707-8074. He does a great job on our stuff.

MentalState
03-03-2006, 05:44 PM
Just picked up mine..I will be riding it tomorrow...

wolffie
03-03-2006, 07:51 PM
lets keep the feedback coming! give us your opinion tomorrow Mental State:D

Big Chuck
03-05-2006, 06:39 AM
Well, I'll tell you what. I have been racing a Predator in XC for 3 years going on my 4th. I have had my Outlaw for two weeks now getting it dialed in for the Georgia GNCC next weekend. I can tell you, gentleman, it is the real deal. I am alot faster on it already than on the Predator. I will be able to race it stronger longer because of the suberb handling. It just doesn't beat you up like all the other quads I had raced/ridden. It definatly is faster than my Pred. Each tire is seeking it's own traction all the time, in fact, it can get you in trouble if you aren't paying attention. I love it so far and can't wait till I race it next weekend. I will let you know how it did, later.

Bradracer18
03-05-2006, 06:46 AM
I'd like someone to tell me if it has any body roll, like when going into a corner hard or something??? I noticed it doesn't have any sway bars or anything similar.....

calds650
03-05-2006, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Bradracer18
I'd like someone to tell me if it has any body roll, like when going into a corner hard or something??? I noticed it doesn't have any sway bars or anything similar.....

It does have a sway bar on the rear just in front of the shocks and no roll I could fell

MentalState
03-05-2006, 06:50 PM
I had a good 3 hour ride on it yesterday..It perfprmed flawlessly..I love this bike..Cant remember last time I was so excited about a quad..I was much faster in the woods than I ever was..It is no drag racer but that can be fixed with mods..Basicaly you cant do anything wrong on this quad it just wont get out of shape..I was hitting whoops WFO and it soaked it up..I was hitting jumps of camber on purpose and never did it try and buck me off..Polaris is on to something here and if other manufactures start making quads similar in design..The atv world will never be the same...

lvlenace
03-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Big Chuck
Well, I'll tell you what. I have been racing a Predator in XC for 3 years going on my 4th. I have had my Outlaw for two weeks now getting it dialed in for the Georgia GNCC next weekend. I can tell you, gentleman, it is the real deal. I am alot faster on it already than on the Predator. I will be able to race it stronger longer because of the suberb handling. It just doesn't beat you up like all the other quads I had raced/ridden. It definatly is faster than my Pred. Each tire is seeking it's own traction all the time, in fact, it can get you in trouble if you aren't paying attention. I love it so far and can't wait till I race it next weekend. I will let you know how it did, later.

Believe it, my IRS already saved me from flipping the quad when the back right wheel hit a big rock as I was landing a crooked jump. I wasn't ready for it and I got knocked off but the quad just kept going and nothing happened to me or it. If that were a straight axle I know it would have rolled on top of me

pastfast125
03-05-2006, 08:33 PM
anybody ride this on an MX track?? that's what I wanna know about.

MentalState
03-06-2006, 07:58 AM
with correct suspension this quad will be hard to beat on mx track..Would be wicked with extended a-arms..and long travel suspension...

Bradracer18
03-06-2006, 11:44 AM
I'd also like to know if the dreaded brake problem has been finally fixed on the outlaw.......for those who know what it was like, please do tell!!!

calds650
03-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Bradracer18
I'd also like to know if the dreaded brake problem has been finally fixed on the outlaw.......for those who know what it was like, please do tell!!!
the brakes are different on the Outlaw. I will check tonight.

lvlenace
03-06-2006, 12:31 PM
What brake problem? Hope I don't have anything to worry about!

calds650
03-06-2006, 01:47 PM
not on the Outlaw but on the Predator the front brakes drag a little.

Bradracer18
03-06-2006, 02:07 PM
On a hard spin by hand....by clean brakes will only let the tires spin about a revolution, sometimes less.....

If you check tonight, please see, if there is any way they can be converted to the pred.....from what you remember anyway.

GE4x4
03-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Both my front tires on my Outlaw spun many times around, so yes it is fixed on the Outlaw. The whole brake system is different then the Pred.

Bradracer18
03-06-2006, 03:10 PM
so no possible way to turn the pred system into an outlaw system???.......poo

GE4x4
03-06-2006, 03:48 PM
The front brake handle and resevior(sp) and front calipers are different, but I sure they will fit a Pred.

kc8pnd
03-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Hey chad, this is mike. I was with Shawn and Tim when you sold them their preds last year. Shawn is to old for that pred so I am going to buy it lol. Good to see you on here. Peace!

CHADHIX
03-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Mike, I am glad to see that you are buying that machine from Shawn. I am sure that it is still in cherry condition!!! I hope you enjoy it!!! You guys will have to give me a call sometime, and we can all go riding. Later, Chad

kc8pnd
03-08-2006, 11:36 PM
He has taken it on a couple long rides with Tim and I. He was feeling it to, that thing is a handful. Not sure if you remember that poker run we did a while back, his Pred still has gas from when i used it, lmao that been like... 4 or 5 months ago. Anyway can't wait to see your outlaw. Tim and I might give Wayne a beating this weekend if its not raining all day.

450rJam
03-10-2006, 04:32 AM
where are the pics of the outlaw ? post that bad boy (please)

lvlenace
03-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
where are the pics of the outlaw ? post that bad boy (please)

I got a bunch...

lvlenace
03-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Night Jumpin (first gear)

lvlenace
03-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Me and the stock '05 YFZ I owned all day haha

450rJam
03-10-2006, 08:34 PM
Thankx, thats a sweet ride

lvlenace
03-10-2006, 08:58 PM
Yea, its a load of fun. I beat a stock '01 DS650 on a short grass drag by a quads length... That count for anything?

MentalState
03-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Guy on the DS must of forgot to shift..I love my Outlaw but to compare it to a ds is crazy...

Hitting some whoops....

Outlaw hitting whoops (http://www.kawieriders.com/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=15302)

lvlenace
03-13-2006, 04:50 PM
AHAHAHA I am NOT getting those hand guards for my Outlaw! Hahaha they'll make it look like a dead mickey mouse!!! Hahaha

MentalState
03-14-2006, 07:59 AM
There not handgaurds ya goof :).....They are hand warmers for the cold artic days up here in the north country.....

Does kinda look like micky LOL.....

lvlenace
03-14-2006, 09:38 AM
Sorry bout that. I coulda used a set of those this winter!

TOOTS
03-22-2006, 04:49 AM
All this sounds great but I am looking for more of a crossover Sports Utility. Will the Outlaw, ultimately replace the Scrambler with a 4x4 version to create an ultimate enduro Quad???? :D

yamadog
04-07-2006, 11:17 PM
what is the width of the front end. From tire to tire.

wolffie
04-08-2006, 07:23 AM
Toots i would say the Outlaw would take the Scrambler in all regards. it has IRS, a peppy DOHC 500cc motor, wide rear axle and front end, and also it is a four stroke! the scramber might be 4wheel drive but big whoop! the Outlaw should be able to handle most any "sport utillity" type terrain with ease:)

the glassman
04-10-2006, 07:08 PM
how about big jumps mx style. i have a 250r that im handing down to the son and like the irs idea but can the quad make a 60 footer and can it take a big landing
i bet with the irs it would be alot safer on the unlevel lips and landings.

lvlenace
04-12-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by the glassman
how about big jumps mx style. i have a 250r that im handing down to the son and like the irs idea but can the quad make a 60 footer and can it take a big landing
i bet with the irs it would be alot safer on the unlevel lips and landings.

As long as you adjust your suspension, I don't see why not. If you ever try it with an Outlaw let me know how it works out!

conway400
04-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Everybody sings the praises on whatever quad the own (it did cost them a lot of money). I am always impressed with innovative ideas - and the independent rear on a high performance machine seems to be the ticket.

Can anyone here accurately and unbiasly compare the power and/or the handling to the Honda 450R?

lvlenace
04-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by conway400
Everybody sings the praises on whatever quad the own (it did cost them a lot of money). I am always impressed with innovative ideas - and the independent rear on a high performance machine seems to be the ticket.

Can anyone here accurately and unbiasly compare the power and/or the handling to the Honda 450R?

Thats the one quad I haven't raced against yet. No-one I know has one.

Outlaw 50
04-23-2006, 05:20 AM
I spent the afternoon riding with a guy on a 450r and I must say that he could beat me in the turns on open ground but in the woods there was no comparison.
In places where he would have to slow down and pick his way through the ruts, roots, and logs I would be on the throttle and going away. In places where the mud was a factor he was stuck and I was just driving through. ( I had to stop and wait for him or help him get unstuck)
Doing some hill climbs the 450r would have to pick a careful line to go up and the Outlaw would be way more forgiving of not so good choices.
P.S. this guy has way more experience riding sport quads than I do. He has years and I have 1 month.