PDA

View Full Version : my bike is apart and I dont know what to do!!!

flaneledholes
07-19-2002, 02:08 PM
Please help me!!! anyone!!! I was going to rejet my carb and well I got all the carb boots off and well the only thing that is holding me back now is the throttle cable! I dont know how to take off the cable!! Do I take it off at the carb? If so how do I do this? Do I take it off at the thumb-throttle??? If so how do I do this??? Please anyone!!! My dad is gonna kill me if he see's the mess I have made!!! 1 last thing does the jets go in at the bottom of the carb???

JabberJaw
07-19-2002, 02:11 PM
My suggestion is..... drop the tools and step away from the bike very slowly.

flaneledholes
07-19-2002, 02:15 PM
Please I dont need any smart comments right now, I really need help...

07-19-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by JabberJaw
My suggestion is..... drop the tools and step away from the bike very slowly.

And tell your dad it was like that when you got home..:eek:

OK,,why are you tearin your bike down??? IF it's to rejet you don't need to take the throttle cable off,,just the float bowl on the bottom of it,,,4 screws hold it on and just pull it off slowly,,you'll see the jets after you get this done,,,now hurry up before pop gets home and smacks ya around for jackin up the fo hundred..:blah

flaneledholes
07-19-2002, 02:17 PM
Thanx alot rico, Im gone!!!

Doibugu2
07-19-2002, 02:24 PM
go find this thread in the powertrain section

How to Install Jet Kit or somthing close to that. It was done by Deathbringer. its got all sorts of good pics.

07-19-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by flaneledholes
Thanx alot rico, Im gone!!!

Just mail me 2 new exriders.com stickers and we'll call it even..;)

nakomis0
07-19-2002, 02:35 PM
I was going to rejet my carb and well I got all the carb boots off ...

I'm still wondering why the carb boots are off?:huh :huh lol

07-19-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by nakomis0

I'm still wondering why the carb boots are off?:huh :huh lol

At least he didn't mention anything about removing the swingarm bearings or anything..;) I guess we all started somewere..:D

Doibugu2
07-19-2002, 02:40 PM
Hey I have to take my front tire off to put gas in my quad, its the only way to get that sucka full.

JabberJaw
07-19-2002, 03:18 PM
Please I dont need any smart comments right now, I really need help...

I am serious! You should not attempt to work on your atv if you do not have any experience. It's alot more fun to ride it when it's running.

flaneledholes
07-19-2002, 03:31 PM
Ummmmmm.... Yeah thats all great and dandy... But I really need to know how to take off the throttle cable cuz its gonna come a big rain storm in the next 5 min!!! I have seen my uncle rejet his 250r a zillion times but thats all the carb expierence I have... So please only serious posts only on how to take it off... Thanx

JabberJaw
07-19-2002, 03:53 PM
It should be very simple to remove the throttle cable from the carb. Just follow the cable down to the carb, there should be a cover with screws in it. Open that and you will see how simple it is to remove the cable. Its similar to a brake cable on a bicycle.

07-19-2002, 04:38 PM
while you got the 4 hundred apart you mine as well just check the muffler bearings as well! You know they could be worn out!

killer

brian400ex
07-19-2002, 10:57 PM
If your just changing main jets all you need to take of is the drain plug on bottom of float bowl. I would still put the bike back together no matter what, but if you really want to take off the throtle cable you need to take it off the thumb throttle first. Then back the jam nut off the cable at the carb. Remove the two screws holding black cover on then unthread the cable.

Rastus
07-20-2002, 10:22 AM
What jabberjaw said, under that cover, there should be a cable, and its pretty much like taking a bicycle brake cable off.

DiceMan400
07-22-2002, 12:58 AM
There is no reason to take it off in the first place....... Just leave it on dude.......

RED121572
07-22-2002, 09:27 AM
Ive had pretty good luck NOT taking the cable off the thumb throttle at all. Except to replace the cable.

I like that quote earlier...."Just tell your dad you found it like that." LOL LOL LOL

flaneledholes
07-22-2002, 10:08 AM
Hey guys my 400 is jetted now, my uncle came here and he jetted it for me... Now I know how to jet it... My dad ended up catching me but he just shook his head in disapointment and said you better get it together before it rains...He gave me a big lecture(sp) and all and said for me not to ever turn another screw on it cuz he cant have a $5200 4-wheeler going down the drain like that...

MichaelS693
07-22-2002, 11:02 AM
:confused: :huh :rolleyes:

Rastus
07-22-2002, 11:15 AM
its a dad thing i guess:confused:

JabberJaw
07-23-2002, 08:04 AM
You should tell your dad you are going to take a sewing and cooking class in school cause he wont trust you with a wrench :-)