PDA

View Full Version : White Bros. E2 would hit ground.

Sleeper
02-28-2006, 04:34 PM
Now maybe it's all my imagination but it looks to me like my new E2 slip on would hit the ground before my grab bar. If it doesn't hit first it will hit about the same time. Anybody had a problem with this?

Sleeper

SET THE STAGE
02-28-2006, 05:11 PM
like if you were to flip doing a wheelie or what? if that's what you mean then maybe you could try loosening up your pipe from your header (if it's even fastened on there or anything) anyways, then take the bolt(s) out that it's attached to the frame with and trying sliding it onto the header a little more and see if you can bolt it up a little farther back so it doesn't stick out as much.

Sleeper
02-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by SET THE STAGE
like if you were to flip doing a wheelie or what? if that's what you mean then maybe you could try loosening up your pipe from your header (if it's even fastened on there or anything) anyways, then take the bolt(s) out that it's attached to the frame with and trying sliding it onto the header a little more and see if you can bolt it up a little farther back so it doesn't stick out as much.

Yep that's it. If I went over backwards it looks like it could be easily damaged. It sticks out way farther than stock. I'm not looking at it right now but I think it's like 4 to 6 inches longer than stock. I realy can't move further onto the header pipe because of the mounting. I guess I might have to get a big old ugly grab bar or just take my chances. Hate taking my chances with a muffler that expensive though.

Sleeper

SET THE STAGE
02-28-2006, 06:15 PM
is there anyway you can get pics of it so i can see like exactly what you mean?

Sleeper
02-28-2006, 09:55 PM
Ya I'll get some pic's tommorow. I Tipped it up to put a rear skid plate on today and I stacked a couple of 2x6 boards under the grab board jut to play it safe and boy it's close without measuring I couldn't tell if the grab bar of the muffler was further off the ground.

I'll get some pic's

Sleeper

Quad Dude
03-01-2006, 02:33 PM
just set it on the grab bar and see what happens do it slowly so if it does touch you dont hurt any thing. and if i does hit set it back on the road untill it grinds off and out of the way LOL but really i dought it hits but if it does all you have to do is not flip it over. simple as that

300exrider15
03-01-2006, 02:41 PM
same thing happened with my pipe it stuck out past the grab bar so me and my dad made a piece the welded to the stock grab bar that made it stick out pass the pipe. the grab bar is strong to if u do it right:macho

Sleeper
03-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by SET THE STAGE
is there anyway you can get pics of it so i can see like exactly what you mean?

well from what I can tell it will hit at almost the same time and the grab bar sinks in a little easier. I should have said the reason you cant move the muffler is because the mounts are welded on the muffler. I think you are thinking it has those clamp on mounts.

Here's a pic or two anyway

sleeper

Sleeper
03-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Here you can see just how far it sticks out.

jordan_m6
03-01-2006, 04:15 PM
yea thats ganna hit maybe not on a flat surface, but if it hit hard enough to bend the grab bar lets hope your pipe doesnt bend

Sleeper
03-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by jordan_m6
yea thats ganna hit maybe not on a flat surface, but if it hit hard enough to bend the grab bar lets hope your pipe doesnt bend

ya I don't care if the grab bar has to sink in 1/2 inch to nail my pipe. Just seems a little like a crappy design??? Well thats the way it is I guess. Maybe I should tell the wife "now I need an aluminum sub frame. Ya Ya.. It will stick out further, that's the ticket! (it does not have to be true, I could be very disappointed when my new aluminum sub frame shows up and is not any longer;) :o)

Any ways I just thought I'd bring it up. If your considering a WB slip on consider this. I can't complain I got such a steal on this thing.

I was hoping some one who had a WB muffler would speak to the survivability of this muffler if roled over backwards..

Put my mind at ease;)

Sleeper

Rip_Tear
03-01-2006, 05:06 PM
Try tipping it back and see... You could make or buy a grab bar and mount it on there to have some extra insurance... Or possibly make another mount for the pipe and slid the pipe forward.

Honda#4
03-01-2006, 05:41 PM
my e series sticks out that far to,but i dont care i dont really wheelie that much anyway.

jordan_m6
03-01-2006, 05:54 PM

NET450r350x
03-01-2006, 06:34 PM
just buy a six-pack rack for the thing and call it good.

troutman561
03-01-2006, 07:40 PM
My FMF will pick up grass or dirt if I go back to far but it hardly hits, but I have never damaged it and I wheelie alot so just dont wheelie in rocks and you should be alright.

ZSK
03-01-2006, 09:24 PM
Just cut a couple inches off.

yellowex26
03-01-2006, 09:38 PM
That is exactly what i was thinking. MAybe and inch or two.

Sleeper
03-01-2006, 09:58 PM
I'll pass on cutting a couple inches off guys;) I need all I got!
I guess this will just be that much more insentive not to do what that guy in the "watch this thread did"

I looked at my e2 vs my wifes stocker and it's only a couple inches difference but it looks like just enough to make me worry.
Oh well. I like the pipe and will live with it. I did want to let anyone know that might like to wheelie alot that this may not be your pipe.

as for the six pack rack.... I just can't do it;) That's what the wifes quad is for.. she gets to haul the six pack.

later
Sleeper

JOEX
03-01-2006, 10:40 PM
I had the regular E-Series pipe and flipped back a couple of times in the sand. The discs did fill up with sand but no damage was done to the pipe. If you were to flip back onb a harder dirt type surface I suppose the potential for damage to the pipe might be there.

Tip the quad back on the grab bar on a hard surface to guage the clearance and make a judgment from there taking in consideration the angle of the end cap. I bet if the grab bar hits hard enough to dig into the ground far enough to damage the pipe you'll have other more urgent issues.

Of course the ideal situation is not flip back too far:p

NET450r350x
03-02-2006, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Sleeper

as for the six pack rack.... I just can't do it;) That's what the wifes quad is for.. she gets to haul the six pack.

later
Sleeper

^^^ haha you got her trained right :blah: