PDA

View Full Version : power now valve and power now plus

YFZ#426
02-28-2006, 03:41 PM
Has anyone put the power now valve and power now valve plus in there 06 YFZ. If so how was the power difference and what part of the power band do the work best in.

desertrats
02-28-2006, 06:46 PM
I would post this at yfzcentral, most people here have ex hence the name exriders.com

no offense meant so dont take it that way

underpowered
02-28-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by desertrats
I would post this at yfzcentral, most people here have ex hence the name exriders.com

Um it is no longer EXrider, but now ATVriders. we even have our own YFZ forum.

AS you the reason of this thread, i have heard that powernow is a waste of money. it is not a valve either, but jsut a flat piece of metal in the intake to "smooth and striaghten the air entering the combustion chamber" I would not buy one, but that is just me.

jordan_m6
02-28-2006, 09:53 PM
I have heard diff. and my friend loves it. not really a power adder just more responsive

desertrats
03-01-2006, 12:03 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Um it is no longer EXrider, but now ATVriders. we even have our own YFZ forum.

AS you the reason of this thread, i have heard that powernow is a waste of money. it is not a valve either, but jsut a flat piece of metal in the intake to "smooth and striaghten the air entering the combustion chamber" I would not buy one, but that is just me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry bout that.

What it does it vortex the air/fuel mixture and makes it so the air/fuel mixture goes into the engine a little lower allowing quicker revving and and much better throttle respone, but they are way over priced. IMO try and make one yourself or find one somewhere else cheaper, cause I would never pay more than $10 for one. It is definately something to get, but not for that rediculous $80 price tag, it only like $2 worth of material

Rico
03-01-2006, 05:57 AM
On a dyno it shows NO power increase.

Waste of money.

desertrats
03-01-2006, 11:01 AM
thats because its it meant to give you more throttle response

zeppelin
03-01-2006, 02:04 PM
try going to thumperfaq.com they have an article on there on how you can make your own for alot cheaper. mine didnt turn out that geart though, i didnt notice a difference at all.

jordan_m6
03-01-2006, 03:35 PM
has any body tried that for the 400ex. i know we dont have a rubber boot like that but can it be done

03-01-2006, 04:11 PM
for a 400ex an easy way to do it would be just to sink a razor blade into that rubber boot... like in the rite direction and stuf.

mabie, just a thot.

Toadz400
03-01-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by mittimj
for a 400ex an easy way to do it would be just to sink a razor blade into that rubber boot... like in the rite direction and stuf.

mabie, just a thot.

On the 400ex it's the same exact thing as the choke. You're just paying money to take your choke out and replace it, so it's obviously a waste of money for the EX. As for the YFZ, I doubt it makes much of a difference there also, money better spent elsewhere.

jordan_m6
03-01-2006, 07:36 PM
yea i just wasnt thinkin how my choke is more important than some kind of power now mech.

desertrats
03-02-2006, 09:52 AM
I took my choke assembly out for more airflow, I havent been able to test it yet cause I am rebuilding my entire quad (rebuilding my quad is way to expensive, have to replace way too much, lol), but my friend (experienced mechanic and rider) says that a power vavle type thing works really well, and it should be on the other side not the choke side dude?:huh but I say just make one and see how it works then if it doesnt you have only lost like a couple of bucks makin one and you can just take it out if you dont like it. lol

coryatver
03-02-2006, 10:22 AM
save your money

03-02-2006, 11:41 AM
i think u should save your money. buy a piston kit if you really want some power.

wheeltrax
03-02-2006, 01:00 PM
I have not heard anything outstanding on them either. It is like those "turbulator" or whatever deals for cars that fit in the intake. I know people that have them, and they have not done a thing other then drain there wallet by 50 bucks.

jordan_m6
03-02-2006, 03:45 PM
I took my choke assembly out for more airflow, I havent been able to test it yet cause I am rebuilding my entire quad (rebuilding my quad is way to expensive, have to replace way too much, lol), but my friend (experienced mechanic and rider) says that a power vavle type thing works really well, and it should be on the other side not the choke side dude?:huh but I say just make one and see how it works then if it doesnt you have only lost like a couple of bucks makin one and you can just take it out if you dont like it. lol

i havent really paid much attention to the choke what side is it on the in or out i would think it is on the in