PDA

View Full Version : eeewwww....

QuadJunkies
02-28-2006, 01:15 PM
This was not good ....! :eek: :scary:

No worries though, will be back up and new tranny installed in no time ;)

QuadJunkies
02-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Sheared off almost ever single piece on there !! :o :p

I guess thats what I get for bragging how our minis never has break downs!!! LOL!

400exmatt
02-28-2006, 01:16 PM
That sucks.

Evana13
02-28-2006, 01:22 PM
When you sead it just stopped I knew it had to be the tranny thats exactly what happens when the tranny lets go. Mine was about to go but we replaced the broken gear before it got to bad. When I broke mine you couldn't move the tires when you got to a certin point it was like somebody was pulling the brakes every time you hit a certin spot.

QuadJunkies
02-28-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Evana13
When you sead it just stopped I knew it had to be the tranny thats exactly what happens when the tranny lets go. Mine was about to go but we replaced the broken gear before it got to bad. When I broke mine you couldn't move the tires when you got to a certin point it was like somebody was pulling the brakes every time you hit a certain spot. Yup, thats how hers was too(the tires) .

Evana13
02-28-2006, 06:51 PM
qj could you post some better pics of your old tranny gears I would like to see what they look like I know on mine the gears twisted and some teeth where about to break. If eton05racer would take some pics of his gears he use to go through about 2 sets a race I think thats about right robbie. I know your dad was alawys changing the gears.

QuadJunkies
02-28-2006, 11:23 PM
This is a 1st time for us ,but we suspected something a little while back but didint put 2+2 together at the time . Now we know ! :p

Ill get something up better here shortly ;)

holy moly... Two sets per race??!!! :eek:

Evana13
03-01-2006, 03:50 AM
Mabey Robbie can clear up the subject but I know he would go through alot

QuadJunkies
03-01-2006, 10:15 AM
If he went threw that many ,then that means he never would finish a race??!! :eek2: Correct??
That would be dissapointing :(

Evana13
03-01-2006, 12:25 PM
he had a few of dnfs but his dad changed them in between motos

QuadJunkies
03-01-2006, 12:28 PM
I guess it had to do with when your aring out,landing and being on the throddle.... Hard to explain but my ole man explained it to me . Hopefully we can get my Daughter going in the right direction with this the next race

Evana13
03-01-2006, 12:41 PM
I think it also had something to do with the way he rides cause robbie is like the fastest person I race with

newnick
03-01-2006, 04:42 PM
From what I've read in the last couple of years on this subject is, still in the throttle when landing a jump or tires that are to big. The snowhogs aren't as tacky as a larger more agressive tire like a turf tamer.

markvette
03-01-2006, 06:49 PM
trannies are a bad word at my house. 3 weeks ago bubba broke one in practice, drove 80 miles to billys shop to get new gears, got it together for first moto. 2 laps the sprocket keeper sheared off all teeth also messing up sprocket shaft which i just put in. last week bubba broke a tranny in practice, put new one in, made 2 laps of first moto. bearing behind middle gear broke out of the cases ruining a set of cases with 3 races on it. pulled the motor out tonight as my new cases and tranny arrived today, guess what frame broke in half between 2 rear motor mounts, bubba has started jumping bigger and doubling. he also is almost 5 foot tall and weighs 130. dad has bought a blaster to build for him. he has finally outgrown the minis. hate that as i love the little minis. bubba has not finished his last 3 races because of trannies. its hard because he gets so dissappointed and he has really picked up the pace in the last 6 months and improved 200%.

Mark

AtvMxRider
03-01-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
but we suspected something a little while back but didint put 2+2 together at the time . Now we know ! :p

QuadJunkies
03-01-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Why ...you little.......:eek:

:p

QuadJunkies
03-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Heresa fwe more pics...

I guess there was more left to it than I thought :huh

QuadJunkies
03-01-2006, 11:14 PM

QuadJunkies
03-01-2006, 11:15 PM
:ermm:

QuadJunkies
03-01-2006, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by markvette
trannies are a bad word at my house. 3 weeks ago bubba broke one in practice, drove 80 miles to billys shop to get new gears, got it together for first moto. 2 laps the sprocket keeper sheared off all teeth also messing up sprocket shaft which i just put in. last week bubba broke a tranny in practice, put new one in, made 2 laps of first moto. bearing behind middle gear broke out of the cases ruining a set of cases with 3 races on it. pulled the motor out tonight as my new cases and tranny arrived today, guess what frame broke in half between 2 rear motor mounts, bubba has started jumping bigger and doubling. he also is almost 5 foot tall and weighs 130. dad has bought a blaster to build for him. he has finally outgrown the minis. hate that as i love the little minis. bubba has not finished his last 3 races because of trannies. its hard because he gets so dissappointed and he has really picked up the pace in the last 6 months and improved 200%.

Mark
Gosh that sure sucks :( but sounds familiar.....
Kelsey will be graduating to a Blaster next year as well I think and Brandon will cont. to run the minis for a few more years. Kelsey is a tall one as well, just no weight to here skinny little frame just yet
:p

So are alot of other minis having these issues at the tracks as well??
Troy said something to me about the front sporcket might be putting some extra strain on the tranny and we might experiment a little with the rear sprockets I think...???

I have t oorder a Tranny from Billy this week as well.. Sheesh.. maybe I should be ordering two??!! :eek2: :o

Evana13
03-02-2006, 04:02 AM
Sheesh.. maybe I should be ordering two??!! :eek2: :o

ding ding ding we have a winner thats exactly what I would do

Livin4Real
03-02-2006, 04:18 AM
sure if you have an extra $350 layin' around :eek2:

mxmike17
03-02-2006, 05:14 AM
Little Mike is only 48 puonds. He has went thru a trany 2 weeks ago at a race and scored a DNF. I have heard over time that there are lots af things that will destroy these things. An agressive rider on a ruff track, woops, to much traction, Heavy riders and landing jumps on the gas.
Seems somebody would have made a Titanum set by now:confused: Seems its common practice to carry a spare:grr:

400ex4ever
03-02-2006, 06:49 AM
I have to order a Tranny from Billy this week as well.. Sheesh.. maybe I should be ordering two??!! :eek2: :o [/B]

QJ. Not to put a damper on your shopping spree but I just got Billy's last two sets of tranny gears. Hopefully he will get the shelf stocked back up really soon.

QuadJunkies
03-02-2006, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by 400ex4ever
QJ. Not to put a damper on your shopping spree but I just got Billy's last two sets of tranny gears. Hopefully he will get the shelf stocked back up really soon. when was this?? Was this i nthe last two days? I have to figure out something cause we have State series in one week :ermm:

Anyone know where would be a good place to find the Eton Tranny from if Billy is sold out??

400ex4ever
03-02-2006, 12:31 PM
when was this?? Was this i nthe last two days? I have to figure out something cause we have State series in one week :ermm:

Anyone know where would be a good place to find the Eton Tranny from if Billy is sold out??

I just got them yesterday. He said I cleaned him out but you know Billy. He alsways has more resources...I would still give him a call.

Evana13
03-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Qj you could check out www.pittmanmxracing.com in murry ky I thnk Cliff is going to be out of town soon going to florida for the nat But his wife ginger should be there.

newnick
03-02-2006, 06:25 PM
This is probly the most painful post I've read. We have just one race on one of Billy's motors and I can see that with all this power we now possess that a tranny is most likely in our future. Is there no end to the spending? lol!

AtvMxRider
03-02-2006, 06:59 PM
The biggest killer of transmissions on these minis in mx is landing from a jump on the gas. I know it is something they should be doing but it is very hard on the trans.

markvette
03-02-2006, 08:58 PM
some of bubbas broken tranny parts and cases. this is the engine case from last weekend. you can see where it broke the bearing out of the back of the case, also the big chunk missing from the case where the tranny cover goes.

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/205/205961/pages/807156/1000372.jpg

markvette
03-02-2006, 08:59 PM
http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/205/205961/pages/807153/1000378.jpg

markvette
03-02-2006, 09:01 PM
tranny cover with almost all the bolt flanges broke off.http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/205/205961/pages/807150/1000368.jpg

markvette
03-02-2006, 09:03 PM
http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/205/205961/pages/807152/1000374.jpg

markvette
03-02-2006, 09:07 PM
i pick up my new cases, tranny gears and seals from billy sunday. he also got me a tranny saver. it is an extra bearing that bolts onto the black motor mount plate on the sprocket side. it has a bearing that the sprocket shaft goes through giving added support to thr tranny shaft. its nice having wrh racing just 80 miles from your house.

Mark

250xdude
03-02-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
The biggest killer of transmissions on these minis in mx is landing from a jump on the gas. I know it is something they should be doing but it is very hard on the trans.

Just today my boy keep landing his jumps on the gas and I had to keep telling him to stop! He finally did after 6 or 7 times.

QuadJunkies
03-02-2006, 11:29 PM
I guess Billy has more tranny parts on its way ;)

QuadJunkies
03-02-2006, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by 250xdude
Just today my boy keep landing his jumps on the gas and I had to keep telling him to stop! He finally did after 6 or 7 times. thats got to be tough and even kind of confusing to a kid ....I hope we break my kids habits FAST! :p

QuadJunkies
03-02-2006, 11:32 PM
MY Husband has an experiment he MIGHT try once hes talked it over with Billy abit... I cant remeber what its called but it has something t odo with Kryo treating the gears or something ??? :confused: not sure its a good method or not, but it sure doesnt hurt to ask at this point!

QuadJunkies
03-02-2006, 11:33 PM
. its nice having wrh racing just 80 miles from your house.

Mark

I bet it is...!! :D

I hope this is a fix for your Son ;)

newnick
03-03-2006, 02:57 AM
It seems to me that if you beef up the gears your just changing the weak link to something else. What would that be?

dirtmomma
03-03-2006, 08:17 AM
Hmmm I am thinking I'm glad we are flattrackers LOL ;);) we are doing our 1st TT w/ the kasea next weekend!! It'll be Trevor's first tiime jumping the kasea :Q hope he does OK it's got WAY more power than he's ever jumped w/ that's for sure!!! So I guess maybe I better tell him easy on the gas?? :)

parkers30
03-03-2006, 09:21 AM
Kryo Freezing is similiar to Heat treating, makes it tremendouly stronger. I have hear alot of grad racers getting parts treated so they no longer hve to worry about breaking them. :cool:

QuadJunkies
03-03-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by parkers30
Kryo Freezing is similiar to Heat treating, makes it tremendouly stronger. I have hear alot of grad racers getting parts treated so they no longer hve to worry about breaking them. :cool: Same here ...

not sure if this is a way to go, but were going to do a little more reasearch FIRST

Newnick you do have a point, thats why we will reasearch this one further to see if its beneficial to use -that would be great if it worked!;)

spent21
03-03-2006, 11:01 AM
first off, doesn't honda make a mini?:confused:

anyhoo...... i did alot of research on cryo when i was in college. most sources swear by it, while some swear at it. based upon the honesty of my sources (which SAID they were unaffiliated with any of the cryo business) i would have to say that it is definately a benifit. there are several pictures and testimonies dealing with drilled and slotted rotors. any hole, angle, or slot in a material creates a stress riser. cracks start and stop at holes. (try drillng a hole at the end of the crack in your plastic before stitching it up) so since a brake rotor sees extreme stresses and heats, it is an excellent example of how cryoing can benifit. there are several websites showing cracks in drilled rotors with and without cryo treatment as well as the number of races each lasted. i don't think it is very expensive, maybe 50 bucks for something the size of a couple of rotors.
But, like someone said earlier, the possibility exists that you're only moving the weak point of the bike to somewhere else. i would be really interested to hear from anyone who pursues cryo treatment on something they have.

AtvMxRider
03-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by spent21
first off, doesn't honda make a mini?:confused:

Yes but Honda doesn't rely on a scooter motor like most Tiawanese(sp) minis do. Entirely different set up on a Honda.

dj250r
03-03-2006, 04:29 PM
remember
these gears that keep failing were not made to do what our kids are putting them through
i have a set of Malossi gears that have had no problems for 3 to 4 years theys been bullet proof
there may be some heavy duty gears comming ( sort of a rumor iv heard)
Dwayne

wvspeedfreak
03-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Our tranny just bit the dust today :(

QuadJunkies
03-04-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Our tranny just bit the dust today :( :( that bites

Ill post some theorys abit later on the Kryo,but Im assuming the parts that could or would be effected would be the Clutch and/or Belt???

I would much rather slip a belt than lose the whole Tranny .

We have had minis for 5 years now and never had a lick of tranny issues before until this year -nor had I heard of any until now...:eek2: I would have never guessed it was so common.

wvspeedfreak
03-04-2006, 04:58 PM
pics of tranny

wvspeedfreak
03-04-2006, 04:58 PM

wvspeedfreak
03-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Where is the best place to buy the bearings for in the transmission as well?And do the 50cc and 90cc engines use the same gear sets?

markvette
03-04-2006, 09:19 PM
the back bearing is a common bearing you can buy at an auto parts store. the needle bearing where the sprocket shaft goes through you will have to get from a mini quad dealer.

Mark

QuadJunkies
03-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Where is the best place to buy the bearings for in the transmission as well?And do the 50cc and 90cc engines use the same gear sets? No they do not. We asked Billy holt about it to make usre cause we do have a back up motor The 50 is lowered geared , I cant remember the #'s on the gearing but they are different.

QuadJunkies
03-04-2006, 10:11 PM
pics of tranny Yours looks like Sis's

QuadJunkies
03-04-2006, 10:19 PM
I just read an older atricle on Peaks mini from a fwe years ago...

it appears he has already onde the Kryo treatment on his Sons ...

quote from article~~

As you can imagine, the CVT tranny generates a lot of heat and would fail without necessary changes. A transmission dowel pin and gasket kit fortify the clutch and resist breakdown. "Running our engines at such high speeds and harsh conditions, the gear oil gets extremely hot, breaking down the stock gaskets," explains Peak. PPS also cryogenically treats the trans gears to eliminate failure. ATVS

you can find the rest of the article here

http://www.atvsport.com/output.cfm?id=837163

I will most DEF. be checking into this !

wvspeedfreak
03-05-2006, 06:20 AM
the back bearing is a common bearing you can buy at an auto parts store. the needle bearing where the sprocket shaft goes through you will have to get from a mini quad dealer.

Mark

Mark,thanks for the info.I haven't pulled the bearings out yet but there appears to be a seal in between the needle bearing and the outer sealed bearing.Will this have to come from a mini dealer as well?

wvspeedfreak
03-05-2006, 06:30 AM
No they do not. We asked Billy holt about it to make usre cause we do have a back up motor The 50 is lowered geared , I cant remember the #'s on the gearing but they are different.

That's why I was wondering.I have a 90cc motor here I was going to take the tranny out of but I guess I won't now :( Thanks for letting me know.

newnick
03-05-2006, 07:59 AM
I thought I've read that you can put 90 gears in a 50 to gain more speed.

K-fab
03-05-2006, 10:54 AM
Posters;

Most of you are right on target with your diagnosis , on the gas when they land ! Big tires may have an effect,but in reality,it's the fact that when the bike is in the air and the rider is on the throttle,the tranny shifts into high gear. When the tires connect with the surface,it luggs the tranny,and the engine is trying to rev......somethin's gonna give.Its usually that gear that was pictured,or the cases.Most of these kiddo's don't understand what's going on......you just have to explain things where they can understand.That's the ultimate challenge!

Evana13
03-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Well I win cause I don't touch the gas in the air and I have tossed my tranny. :eek: How many of you guys have cracked a case When i broke my motor mounts I cracked a case Just wondering if those are as common as trannys

markvette
03-05-2006, 04:15 PM
the bearing behind what i call the idler gear is a common parts store bearing, you may have to pop out the rubber seals before you install it. the bearing behind the sprocket also can be bought at a auto parts store. the needle bearing and inner seal will have to be bought from billy or another mini dealer, just got bubbas parts today, cant wait to start on it.

markvette
03-05-2006, 04:17 PM
oh evan, bubba has broke 3 or 4 sets of cases so far. this last time the frame broke in between the 2 rear motor mounts and broke the front motor mount.

Mark

Livin4Real
03-05-2006, 07:44 PM
can you take some pics when you install everything? I'm sure i'm not the only one that would find it helpful to know where and how to install the extra parts.

Evana13
03-06-2006, 12:38 PM
oh evan, bubba has broke 3 or 4 sets of cases so far. this last time the frame broke in between the 2 rear motor mounts and broke the front motor mount.

Mark

thats exactly what happened to me I broke both rear motor mounts and the front motor mount and cracked the case.

wvspeedfreak
03-06-2006, 04:44 PM
What gear oil does everyone use in their trannys?I have always used straight Lucas oil stabilizer.

AtvMxRider
03-06-2006, 04:56 PM
85\140 lucas gear oil. 125cc's

QuadJunkies
03-09-2006, 12:08 AM
well, thanks to Billy Holt we got a tranny that will be here tomorrow,2 tranny savers that will be here by the end of the week or 1st of next week,2 chain tensioners will be here next week and DCmotorsports sent out both my kids there AArms and Swing arms today....

I HOPE we corrected some issues and remedy our tranny problems for good now .

wvspeedfreak
03-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Does anyone have a pic of this tranny saver?I just put ours back together and would be very interested in seeing this.

QuadJunkies
03-09-2006, 10:29 AM
Does anyone have a pic of this tranny saver?I just put ours back together and would be very interested in seeing this. Ill try and post it before Troy installs ours ;)

markvette
03-09-2006, 11:19 AM
HERE IT IS ON BUBBAS ETON MOTOR. IF YOU DONT HAVE A KASEA HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL HAVE TO DO. both holes in the tranny saver are 10mm. you will have to drill them to 12mm. where the top bolt is most minis have a pin that goes through the motor mount to the case with a nut inside the tranny. you will have to drill that out and tap it to 12mm. buy 2 new 12mm bolts by 50mm long, and bolt it on.

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/205/205961/pages/809599/1.JPG

markvette
03-09-2006, 11:20 AM
http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/205/205961/pages/809598/TSAVER.JPG

newnick
03-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Has that helped any Markvette? Does that just support the shaft outside the case or has it helped the gears last longer as well?

SCR PRODUCTS
03-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Hey everyone thanks for all the pics. of the tranny saver. There is two diffrent part # kss-1 and the ess-1
The kss-1 is for the kassea style tranny with the 10 mm bolts.
The ess-1 is for the eton style tranny with the 12mm bolts. Butt on the ess-1 you will have to open up the tranny and replace the weak pin.
The shaft support stops the shaft from being snapped off at the snapring grove on the output shaft. It will also give some support on the tranny gears.
We are currently working on other tranny parts to beef up the weaklink to these little motors.

I have three distributers you can contact to order from:

WRH Racing 251-675-9906

Hetrick Racing 814-676-0477

K-FAB 972-771-9941

The above is in no specific preferrnce order.
You can e-mail me at scrproducts@mail.ev1.net
or call me at 940-391-3171. I will awnser the phone at anny time of the day.

markvette
03-09-2006, 03:43 PM
i havent got to test it yet. it is on a brand new set of cases with new gears. the crank is in but i have to pick up a new cylinder at billys this weekend before i can put the rest together..

Mark

dj250r
03-09-2006, 04:57 PM
that thing even looks sweet
iv seen output shafts snap right off that would really help for those problems
how much are they ?
Dwayne

dirtmomma
03-09-2006, 05:25 PM
So I'm curious I wonder if this is a problem for our little flattracker?? We ARE going to a TT this weeknd but I don't think he rides hard enough YET!! I think we will check into the Lucas, so is it a stabilizer or an oil :o sorry if thats a stupid ? Just wondering we bougth Castrol 2 stroke case oil but haven't used it yet wanna use whatever is best so LMK :)

AtvMxRider
03-09-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
So I'm curious I wonder if this is a problem for our little flattracker?? We ARE going to a TT this weeknd but I don't think he rides hard enough YET!! I think we will check into the Lucas, so is it a stabilizer or an oil :o sorry if thats a stupid ? Just wondering we bougth Castrol 2 stroke case oil but haven't used it yet wanna use whatever is best so LMK :)

They make a oil and a stabalizer. I use Lucas 85\140 gear oil and hvae had good luck with it.

QuadJunkies
03-09-2006, 11:26 PM
Im sure glad we kept the 70 motor for a back up cause we found Sis had a fried CDI and Stator too so we robbed off of it . :( Got it running tonight though, hope it runs well for State this wk end! :eek2:

QuadJunkies
03-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Im happy to report no Tranny failure this wk end and a 1st place finish:D

Both kids took home 1st and 2nd Sat and 1st and 3rd on Sunday. We got a few weeks until the next race(thank goodness!) so things will hopefully be in better shape .

Livin4Real
03-13-2006, 10:21 AM
how much for the tranny saver?

QuadJunkies
03-13-2006, 11:00 AM
I dont know for sure but I think its a little over 100.00-150.00 ? My hubby arranged for the parts so Im not sure what they priced at just yet.

SCR PRODUCTS
03-14-2006, 11:31 AM
livin4real:
Give Hetrick or WRH a call . They can assist you with pricing.

QuadJunkies
03-14-2006, 11:42 AM
Welcome to the site :)

SCR PRODUCTS
03-14-2006, 11:48 AM
thanks.

QuadJunkies
03-14-2006, 12:23 PM
LOL.. you might need to resize that last one :p ;) If you need some help, let me know .

SCR PRODUCTS
03-14-2006, 01:23 PM
ok is this better?

QuadJunkies
03-14-2006, 11:59 PM
We got our Tranny savers today(thank you!) Im sure we will be calling on how to do the install.
Ill post a pic tomorrow of it before for ya'll to see if before its installed.

QuadJunkies
03-15-2006, 10:29 AM
here it is before the install

SCR PRODUCTS
03-16-2006, 04:40 PM
LOOKIE LOOKIE.

SCR PRODUCTS
03-16-2006, 04:41 PM
YES

wvspeedfreak
03-16-2006, 05:51 PM
That is sweet!I wish I would have known about this cool stuff the other week when I replaced our tranny.

newnick
03-16-2006, 06:08 PM
How long before ya'll have a replacement case too? That would be sweet!

QuadJunkies
03-16-2006, 11:18 PM
That is sweet!I wish I would have known about this cool stuff the other week when I replaced our tranny.

this would make a very nice edition to keep in all intact :) we have to do a little modifiy for the Kasea but well worth it Im thinking .

SCR PRODUCTS
03-17-2006, 06:45 AM
These covers are going on our test quads this weekend.
They are not for sale yet. I need to give them time to prove themselves before releasing them for sale. But as soon as they
do you will know. We have some other goodies coming out soon
THANKS Anthony

badvox
03-17-2006, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Evana13
thats exactly what happened to me I broke both rear motor mounts and the front motor mount and cracked the case.

Sorry to just jump on this thread but my manufacturer said the first thing for me to do was replace my motor mounts cause they're a definite weak spot.

Are the motor mounts you're breaking stock mounts?

QuadJunkies
03-17-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by badvox
Sorry to just jump on this thread but my manufacturer said the first thing for me to do was replace my motor mounts cause they're a definite weak spot.

Are the motor mounts you're breaking stock mounts?

I can only speak for ours and YES.. Ours was stock, we had to reinforce them -they are thin as paper!

newnick
03-17-2006, 05:44 PM
On our Eton, we tore the front mount out of the crossmember, which is very thin. I replaced the crossmember with thicker pipe and reattached the mounts. I think the reason it may have broke was over tightening the mounting bolt??? It's doing fine. Just recently I found the crossmember between the rear mounts cracked almost all the way around. I had that welded up. If it does not hold up I will reenforce it with some angle or flatbar. I try to check it over after every ride and between races to try and keep it all together.

Livin4Real
03-17-2006, 06:24 PM
Hey badvox check my post in the kasea forum under gussets and there is pics of doubling up the motor mounts. This is a must on the little mini's.

QuadJunkies
03-26-2006, 11:28 AM
Here is ours installed on our Sons Eton(Kasea Motor).

We still havent installed the one on the Kasea (E-ton motor)yet, Troy is a bag of nerves drilling into metal :p (install is dif. on the E-ton)

Livin4Real
03-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Do you have to drill the kasea? What rear do you run with that 21t front?

Livin4Real
03-26-2006, 02:45 PM
There's a rumor that someone is making a stronger set of tranny gears, anyone have any info on this?

QuadJunkies
03-26-2006, 04:03 PM
We just got done with the E-ton tranny a littile bit ago today.
As long as you use the right tools and take your time, its really not hard to install.

QuadJunkies
03-26-2006, 04:04 PM
another...

QuadJunkies
03-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Livin4Real
Do you have to drill the kasea? What rear do you run with that 21t front? we run several dif sprockets, but the 19/28 combo worked very well at the last MX. We also run 21/28 alot and for the Stroker motor we run 22/28

dirtmomma
03-26-2006, 07:03 PM
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :devil: :devil: :devil: Do I see a new toy in someone's signature :D:D:D:D:D
I know you probably posted sompin' about it but I've been out of the loop lately :o So spill the beans to me girlie!!!!:blah:

QuadJunkies
03-26-2006, 07:13 PM
LOL!! SHO DO!!!:D :devil: We are picking it up tomorrow..!! :blah:
got some sweet mods coming this week too!! Ill be posting shortly !:) ;)

SCR PRODUCTS
03-27-2006, 08:38 AM
The kasea tranny does not need drilling.The kasea comes with two 10mm taped bolt holes. The Eton / Polaris type will need to be drilled and taped to 12mm x 1.25.

KASEA KIT PART # K-SS1
ETON / POLARIS PART # ESS-1

QuadJunkies
03-27-2006, 09:06 AM
My Bad... :o We have the Kasea w/ an Eton motor in it and the Eton with a Kasea motor in it..getes a little confusing at times!!! hehe... SORRY... lol :D

SCR PRODUCTS
03-27-2006, 09:22 AM
thats ok. I knew what you had. Tell troy part is on its way. thanks

Pitmom
03-27-2006, 08:03 PM
I read thru some of this post so if this has been covered, then ignore please. (forgive me if the description is a bit strange, this is coming from mommy).

We had some issues with Claytons Kasea tranny gears over a year ago. We could not figure out why he was going thru gears. He would jump good, let off the throttle like everyone suggest, then upon landing you could hear them crack/break. he was racing/rideing the bike perfect so could not figure out what was going on.

After further inspection found that the hole that the shaft goes thru into the case was warped egg shaped...so upon landing the shaft was not staying straight into the case. We had to purchase a whole new case.

So if you are going thru gears and never thought about this, just a thought I would bring to light as an option as to why it is possibly happening. Never happened again after we replaced it.

p.s. I am showing the hubby this tranny saver..good idea!

Livin4Real
03-27-2006, 10:25 PM
So does anyone know anything about the rumored aftermarket gears being made?

QuadJunkies
03-28-2006, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Pitmom
I read thru some of this post so if this has been covered, then ignore please. (forgive me if the description is a bit strange, this is coming from mommy).

We had some issues with Claytons Kasea tranny gears over a year ago. We could not figure out why he was going thru gears. He would jump good, let off the throttle like everyone suggest, then upon landing you could hear them crack/break. he was racing/rideing the bike perfect so could not figure out what was going on.

After further inspection found that the hole that the shaft goes thru into the case was warped egg shaped...so upon landing the shaft was not staying straight into the case. We had to purchase a whole new case.

So if you are going thru gears and never thought about this, just a thought I would bring to light as an option as to why it is possibly happening. Never happened again after we replaced it.

p.s. I am showing the hubby this tranny saver..good idea!

Its cool to hear another Mommy talkin all this tranny talk :D

QuadJunkies
03-28-2006, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Livin4Real
So does anyone know anything about the rumored aftermarket gears being made? I heard rumor there was... I guess time will tell :)

Pitmom
03-28-2006, 08:41 AM
quadjunkie...I have my dad to thank. He was a mechanic for over 18 years and I thought I would be one some day. He raced Dragsters and off road...I just love the racing and what goes into it. I am always there with my hubby helping on the bikes. Makes me feel more involved. It is funny how some men (and women) look at me when they see a little blonde pulling up alone with my son's in a 37' fifth wheel, set up the rig, unloand the bikes, fuel them, work on them and get them on the track!

It is a great feeling to be able to do this for my boys when their dad can't be there. I do what it takes to get them to the track to do what they love most.

newnick
03-28-2006, 06:58 PM
I've been reading these forums for a couple of years now and I have heard about cryoed gears and heat treated gears before. I think there out there, you just have to find someone that has done it and tested them to see how they work and hold up.

markvette
03-28-2006, 07:29 PM
the cryoed gears have been tried and last a little longer but it is still not the cure. straight cut gears have also been tried and still break. one problem is the slop in the gears. put a brand new set in and you can move the shaft slightly back and forth without the gears engaging. we have broke many gears and 4 or 5 sets of cases. i know landing a jump in the throttle will do it but we broke gears before bubba ever jumped. what needs to be done is a straight shaft built that goes through the cases with the sprocket on one end and the clutch on the other. then you make up for the lack of tranny gears with small front sprockets and large rear sprockets. basically like a old go cart or mini bike with a briggs lawn mower motor on it. i have spoken to a friend who's girlfriends parents own a large machine shop here about building this shaft and sprockets for me and think i have him talked into it. we have yet to test bubba's tranny saver. had some problems getting his new cylinder set up but finally have the motor screaming. we have a big race on the 9th so this will be our first test, in the meantime i have bought him a honda 300ex and now he has to learn the clutch and how to shift. once he gets use to it i will start buying parts for it and sell the eton. he is just to big for the minis plus he will be 13 in sept and all our local tracks have an age limit of 12 on the mini quads.

Mark

QuadJunkies
03-29-2006, 12:14 AM
in the meantime i have bought him a honda 300ex and now he has to learn the clutch and how to shift. once he gets use to it i will start buying parts for it and sell the eton. he is just to big for the minis plus he will be 13 in sept and all our local tracks have an age limit of 12 on the mini quads.

Mark We bought Sis a new Quad today as well ,looks like Brandon will have a back up quad next year.. lol

spent21
03-29-2006, 03:58 PM
Ok, Cryogenics was mentioned in this thread awhile back, and I came across an old college paper with some of my sources:

http://www.nwcryo.com/motorsports_price.html

www.cryogenic.co.nz

nwcryo has really cheap prices (found in the link)

if anyone gets the cryo treatment, i would like to hear your results.

later!

markvette
03-29-2006, 04:33 PM
like i said above it has been tried and did not do that much better than stock gears. billy at wrh racing has done it. i have personally seen the gears before and after they were chewed up. again i believe until someone figures out how to get the slop out of the gears they will all eventually break.

AFROracing
01-11-2007, 12:05 PM
doing some researching before I move my boy to a 2stroker auto..

transmission are the main problem with any of these scooter motors..

I see the case saver list here, it should help alot..

I also found these double roll race gears list over at maximumrpm..
http://www.maximumrpm.com/atv/pics/DBLGEARS.jpg

has anyone tested these?

markvette
01-11-2007, 12:44 PM
they work great but they only fit a dinli.

Mark

Dirtblast
01-11-2007, 01:54 PM
The double gear set-up was Brad Sims doing for the Dinli. If you need a set contact him at Team Sims Racing.

AFROracing
01-11-2007, 10:52 PM
oh:(
I am looking at the DRR 90's.