PDA

View Full Version : strap down

416expowerman
02-28-2006, 08:19 AM
i was told that if i strap down the back of my 400 ex with straps when i drag then i will get a real fast launch. he said that the suspension has to be compressed in the back. IS THIS TRUE??? :devil:

underpowered
02-28-2006, 12:00 PM
i keep the rear end from compressing with teh weight shift from taking off. keep from wheelying. if you strap sown teh front as well it loweres your center of gravity which also helps to keep it from wheelyng when you launch hard. i feel that it does work, but with enough experience racing and launching it is not needed.

416expowerman
02-28-2006, 02:44 PM
okay. i was asking because there is a fair coming up called the hartford fair. they have atv drags and i want to do as good as i possibly can. Eventhough its only a fair i have been waiting to do this for a while. Plus i have some people that run thier mouths about how fast their quads are. i just wanna se what i can do. if you have anything else that will help me please let me know.

thx

:D

underpowered
02-28-2006, 03:11 PM
fair races are great, but usually classes are too general. most calsses are Open classes meany pretty much anythign goes but NOS and alky. But a completly stock bike can go up against a fully modded drag bike. what i do is choose my competitor. when you line up look at the classes before you to see how the line goes so when you line up you can line up so that you at least have a chance at winning. im not saying to pick the weakest looking bike out there, but someone who looks like would be good competition and not just kill you in a race. Most places give a practice run, some even get two. if you get multiple runs, play with it, do one in first and the next in second to see which launches the best. also note how the track hooks up and the pattern of the tree, whether it is a pro tree(all three yellow light up at once) or a bracket tree (each yellow light up seperately). Other than that, have fun!:D

400exrules
02-28-2006, 04:22 PM
strapping down the front or the back alone doesnt help a whole lot, strap down front and back and your front end might barely come up alittle. i used to have to do this until i got my wheelie bar

Crazy Diamond
02-28-2006, 04:36 PM
The Hartford Fair isn't until I think September!

416expowerman
02-28-2006, 05:35 PM
i know. i just want to get ready for it ahead of time so i dont look like a fool out there and reck. practice makes perfect!!!