PDA

View Full Version : PCing rims

reichart90
02-27-2006, 07:18 PM
hey pappy... i have 4 wheels...

2 - 10x5 douglas beadlock fronts
2 - 8x8 (i think) douglas billet beadlock rears

they are the old style. i was wondering on powdercoating them. they are still round, not bent at all, but they are beat up pretty good. i was going to bead blast them and then powdercoat them at work (i'm friends with the guys who do the powdercoating on the navy base that i am stationed at)... but the guys told me they couldnt put aluminum in the oven because it puts out toxic gases that cause alzheimers and only correctly ventilated ovens can do it, and they do not have that type. is this true?

is that how you would do it? bead blast them to scuff em up then PC them?

if i beadblast them how much would it cost for all 4 to have you PC them? i want the wheels black with the rings blue (i know it wont hold up but they look like crap and i actually dont ride that hard and rough)

Pappy
02-27-2006, 07:42 PM
i cant help you on the aluminum and ahlzimers, i heard drinking from an aluminum can does it also but i cant remember:huh :p

you can blast them, i will have to reblast them to obtain the correct surface profile but the majority of work will have been done so no problem. if you send them in that condition, $25 per rim with ring should be ok.