PDA

View Full Version : Trailtech

ATC350X 85
02-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Anybody have a trailtech speedo setup on there 450? Hows it look? Does it retain the total hours on the bike?

02-27-2006, 07:12 PM
i have one on my wifes 400ex and it does retain total hours on the bike...i will have one for the 450 soon( i just bought the 450 today):D

r450rr
02-27-2006, 07:19 PM
yea it has total hours and all kinds of other goodies. also the spedo is a lot more accurate than u think.. i love mine it works like a charm here is where i put mine if you look closely its on the top left handle bar,. ill get a closer pic of it if you want me to, it will be a few days though.:)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/cotysheppard/Picture129.jpg

Abrannan19
02-27-2006, 09:00 PM
yeah deffintly get a closer pic..how hard are they to install i am not in any way mechanically inclined but would really like to get one..are they easy to install and what does it entail

r450rr
02-28-2006, 07:40 AM
its not that hard to install only problem i have with it and this doesnt really matter but might to you. it reads your speed and everything fron the front right wheel or left wheel. (wichever one you hook it up to.) so say if you riding a wheelie or spinning the back tires. your not going to get your speed or miles. other than that it has worked flawlessly all winter for me. i got it before christmas. the little computer just detaches from its holster, so before you go spraying it off just unclip it, and wipe it off seperatly, and after your done washing just clip it back on there. Ill definatly get you some more pics, but i wont be around my quad until this weekend, and i wont be back to my computer until next weekend. (hatfield and mccoy trip) but say if you do decide to order ill get pics of everything.(all you have to do is mount it where you want it run the wire to your front knuckle. you have to drill a whole for it to mount by the front tire.all in all it takes about 25 mins to install counting taking the wheel off. but the instructions are easy to follow. and you also have to program it with the size of your tires. but the accuracy like i said is better then one would think. )

02-28-2006, 07:49 AM
if it were to read off the rear wheels, it would read the tire spin also...there is more tirespin than there is wheeling normally

r450rr
02-28-2006, 10:54 AM
i tried to think of a way it could be done but were there is just a solid axle in the back, its pretty much inpossible.

ATC350X 85
02-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Cool, my main concern is to have it for the hour meter. I wanna retain the hours so I can be on top of the maintenance to the hour.