PDA

View Full Version : race quad complete - for now

Razorback
07-19-2002, 08:18 AM
well, i've got done just about everything i'm going to do to my quad for now for mx racing. i want to do some motor work this winter/next spring, and i should be getting a 36 tooth rear sprocket in the next couple of days, but otherwise it's complete. let me know what you think.

Razorback
07-19-2002, 08:19 AM
another...

Razorback
07-19-2002, 08:20 AM
and another...

Razorback
07-19-2002, 08:22 AM
and another...

07-19-2002, 08:25 AM
I have to say I don't like it,,,looks better than mine so I don't care much for it..;) :D

Actually it looks pretty damn saweet,,I like the black anodized rims on it,,,,,I also would have to say It qualifies for the rico's pissed off 400ex club..:D Welcome.:macho

Razorback
07-19-2002, 08:26 AM

Razorback
07-19-2002, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I have to say I don't like it,,,looks better than mine so I don't care much for it..;) :D

Actually it looks pretty damn saweet,,I like the black anodized rims on it,,,,,I also would have to say It qualifies for the rico's pissed off 400ex club..:D Welcome.:macho

lol. thanks for the comments and glad to be in the club. i want to get the motor setup like yours, but that's going to have to wait a little while (after the boss lets me spend some more $$$$ :D)

07-19-2002, 09:48 AM
Great Job RazorBack!! That is one sweet lookin 400Ex!!! I hope that mine will look that good someday! ( When I get mine that is!! ) Anyways..... Awesome job, now go out there and kick some A** !!

Laterz!! :D :) :cool:

07-19-2002, 10:47 AM
sweet ride,hope you pack extra undies when you race

400exRacerX
07-19-2002, 12:07 PM
Badass,

I think that one word describes it.

Foxrage
07-19-2002, 03:34 PM
I love that thing its sweet. I would trim the plastic at the bottom and take off the stock heel gaurds in my opinion. But nuthing wrong with it.

Tommy 17
07-19-2002, 05:38 PM
SWEET!!!!... i hope mine looks like that very soooon....

Buzzsaw
07-19-2002, 07:05 PM
RazorbackEXRider sweet quad, are you go to make that aug. 10 race at badland?

Razorback
07-19-2002, 08:38 PM
thanks for all the compliments, guys. i've really worked my arse off to get this thing in shape. it's a lot of work, but well worth it in the end.

buzzsaw300 - yeah, i'm definitely planning on it. i had a bad crash at little sahara a few weeks ago and got tore up pretty bad. i've been rehabbing my shoulder for almost a month now, but it's going well. i can't see anything keeping me from racing at this point, i just may not be able to hit all the jumps i want. i just don't know how my shoulder is going to take the beating. do you race the tqra? i want to get over to the badlands to practice. i might try to go next wednesday.

Buzzsaw
07-19-2002, 09:04 PM
RazorbackEXRider, I don't racing with them at this time, but I going to start at on of the last three to see how I like it. I've been riding a caddo point when i have time to get the feel for it brings back memories of my bmx days. but, I'm go to the aug. 10 race maybe my first quads.

Razorback
07-20-2002, 05:05 AM
that's cool. caddo point is a great track. that new rhythm section on the back side is...interesting. the tqra does a great job with the races. everything generally runs very smooth, and quick. i think you'll enjoy it if you do. keep in touch, i'd like to meet you there if you come to the aug. 10 race.

Buzzsaw
07-20-2002, 08:44 AM
well do, have to get together ride sometime

Razorback
07-22-2002, 10:40 AM
hey buzzsaw300 - i think i'm going to go to mosier valley on wednesday and may come to caddo point on saturday. do you go to caddo on the weekends? just wondering how many people show up.

Buzzsaw
07-22-2002, 03:59 PM
yes, i go on the weekends not alot of riders may 4 or 5. it great for practice, your able to really get a feel for the track.

Buzzsaw
07-22-2002, 04:06 PM
Hey, RazorbackEXRider there is a place outside of Greenville the builds atv and motorcycle motor. I going thursday to talk to him about my 300.

Razorback
07-22-2002, 04:24 PM
cool. let me know how it goes. i'm going to have some motor work done in the fall/winter and i want to find a good place to have it done.

Buzzsaw
07-22-2002, 04:29 PM
It's Bullet Motorsports the owners name is Mark the #903-612-4300.

MxDale71
07-22-2002, 05:16 PM
Hmmm... #721... I think I've seen you ride at badlands before. I ride the red Cannondale (#71)... pretty much the only C-dale rider at Badlands. I was at Caddo yesterday, and there was only about 6 or 7 guys there. Cody and Hunter Miller (the owners sons) probably won't be there because they are staying with Johnny Hale for a week to ride... don't know when they'll be back. Since you race the TQRA, I'm sure you know who they are... they're usually the top 3 in the pro class... Johnny is the pro GNC rider that always gets 1st place. Anyways, I"ll probably be at Caddo on Saturday and I'll be at Badlands on Wednesday. Do you know of any races coming up soon at Village Creek that are going to have quad classes? I really want to race there some time before the Full Moon series starts. Well man, I hope to see you at the tracks some time. The Ex looks nice. Who ever said, go out there and kick some @ss... don't listen to them if I'm racing against you ;).

Buzzsaw
07-22-2002, 05:55 PM
MxDale71 what class do you race?

Razorback
07-22-2002, 05:57 PM
Well, it probably wasn't me at the badlands. i haven't been out there yet, but am probably going to go next wednesday for practice. i have been at most of the tqra races. yeah, i know who the millers are. i haven't seen hunter ride because of his injuries, i missed the first tqra race, but i have seen cody, and he is flat out awesome. him and johnny were the only ones hitting the big triple at weatherford.

ever since i found out who johnny was, i've been trying to follow his gnc stats. he's been having problems blowing motors, but i think he's got everything back together. seems like one race he'll have the r and another race he'll have the yz.

as far as i know, the only quad races at village creek are with the night series, and some turkey day race around thanksgiving. were you at the tqra race there? that was my last race before getting hurt. it's a really nice track. lots of open areas for good speed and passing.

i'm sure we'll meet up either saturday or next wednesday. i'll be looking out for that c-dale! later...

RaptorRidrTX
07-22-2002, 07:05 PM
hey scott, long time no see. It's Justin.... Looks like you've been working on that thing since i last saw you at village creek, looking good. If you are coming out to mosier on weds. I should be there. How are you recovering from the injuries?

MxDale71
07-22-2002, 09:56 PM
buzzsaw - I race the Amt. class. Badlands just started the Nov/Int/Pro classes and I raced the Nov class when I was there, and I landed on a Banshee rider. I hit the jump before the floater with the tunnel in it and the guy on the Shee just moved over right under me and then I two-wheeled off the side of the jump and cartwheeled down the side of the track... broke my nose and bent a few things on my quad. I haven't had the chance to go back since then. I'll probably ride the Intermediate class at badlands in the full moon series, but only if I get the balls to jump that #2 double and the finish line.

Razorback - I haven't ever ridden at Village Creek. I was watching the TQRA race at Weatherford and Johnny and Chad were FLYING! Chad wasn't doin that big triple in the back but he was still able to get 2nd. Cody has always been trying to keep up with Chad, and although I've seen Cody beat Chad once, it was VERY close. Some GOOD racing. I wanted to race at Weatherford but I had no front brakes due to the wreck I had at Badlands. Johnny doesn't like his YZ to much... if you have about $14000 to spare, you can buy it from him. He only rode it once during practice at Swan because his R seized up, but he got it fixed before the races started and he was back on the R again. I don't get it... the R always seems to have problems but he likes it much more. I asked him about the 426 and he said that no frame will last more than 8 months due to all the torque in that motor. He said the frame will just start fallin apart after a while. He has such high compression that barely anyone could get it started. 14 year old Cody Miller (that probably doesn't weigh 100 pounds) jumped on the kick starter with 2 feet and dropped the starter about 4 inches... LOL. Lets just say, he wasn't close to getting it to turn over, let alone get it to start! LOL!

You racing the Full Moon series?

Buzzsaw
07-22-2002, 10:27 PM
cool, see all of you aug.10

racin 400
07-22-2002, 10:42 PM
That 400 looks sweet i would like the elka piggy back but i dont have enouf:grr But when i get some $ i will get a set.keep the quad project going looks great.

Razorback
07-23-2002, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by RaptorRidrTX
hey scott, long time no see. It's Justin.... Looks like you've been working on that thing since i last saw you at village creek, looking good. If you are coming out to mosier on weds. I should be there. How are you recovering from the injuries?

hey justin! haven't talked to you in a while. i'm actually planning on coming out to mosier this wednesday. i'm not fully healed yet, but i'm good enough to ride, probably 70% or so. still got a bit of pain, but i have to rebuild my shoulder muscles, so that's what's taking a while.

mxdale71 - that's a good story about johnny's 426. i talked to him at village creek and he was getting pissed because everyone wanted to come up and twist the throttle and make it even harder to start. i had a kick start quad before and hated it. i want to start racing the full moon series, but i'm not quite healed up enough yet. aug. 10 will be my first race back, so i'll see after that. i wonder how long the series goes?

400EX Mac Daddy - thanks for the good words. get that money saved up! i don't see a lot of people with the piggy backs, but i really like 'em. get's a lot of second looks, too :)

MxDale71
07-23-2002, 05:58 PM
Razorback - Check out badlands website. www.badlandsmx.com and they have the complete Full Moon series listed on it. Russ is the one that started this series. It should be pretty cool this year since it's actually going to spread out to different tracks. I didn't even dare to touch Johnny's 426! I figured if I broke something, it would take me 3 months to save up enough money to replace the part! Did you see his Silencer? That thing is SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! I'll be racing at Village on Aug. 10th (hopefully, if they have quad classes) but I'll be taking it fairly easy. I'll just use that race as a practice, so I can get a feel for the track before Rnd 1 of the full moon series. I gotta make every race count since I REALLY want to do good in it and I can't race at Fourstates (got banned). Well man, talk to ya later.

AtvRider21
07-23-2002, 06:21 PM
i just want to know when u installed the white bros e series pipe with jets did it add alooot more power, make it easier to wheelie, make it power no clutch use wheelie in second and is it too loud cs i cant be aloot louder i ride in woods i need to be sorta quit to not bug people or ill get kiked out so is it annoying loud or not please reply to each question thanks alot

Nausty
07-23-2002, 11:20 PM
atv rider this link should help you with hp. http://www.atvnews.com/output.cfm?id=30961.

If you want a quiter one get one with the disks so when you want you can take them out for more power or put them in to keep it quiter.

Razorback
07-24-2002, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by MxDale71
Razorback - Check out badlands website. www.badlandsmx.com and they have the complete Full Moon series listed on it. Russ is the one that started this series. It should be pretty cool this year since it's actually going to spread out to different tracks. I didn't even dare to touch Johnny's 426! I figured if I broke something, it would take me 3 months to save up enough money to replace the part! Did you see his Silencer? That thing is SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! I'll be racing at Village on Aug. 10th (hopefully, if they have quad classes) but I'll be taking it fairly easy. I'll just use that race as a practice, so I can get a feel for the track before Rnd 1 of the full moon series. I gotta make every race count since I REALLY want to do good in it and I can't race at Fourstates (got banned). Well man, talk to ya later.

yeah, i saw his silencer. he revved the thing with me right beside it and it about busted my ear drums. you'll like village creek. there's only one bad jump, a big double right before the finish line. very long holeshot, too. good luck. i'm planning on coming to caddo this saturday, so i might see you there or at badlands next wednesday. later...

Buzzsaw
07-24-2002, 08:12 PM
RazorbackEXRider spoke with Mark Kroce at Bullet Motorsports at his shop today great guy. I'm taking my bike to him on friday to start the motor work. He also has great prices on parts and assessories. And, he was one of the founding members of the TQRA.

Razorback
07-25-2002, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by buzzsaw300
RazorbackEXRider spoke with Mark Kroce at Bullet Motorsports at his shop today great guy. I'm taking my bike to him on friday to start the motor work. He also has great prices on parts and assessories. And, he was one of the founding members of the TQRA.

excellent! keep me updated on how things go with it.

MxDale71
07-28-2002, 06:45 PM
LOL, you sure you want to take your motor to that guy? You saw what Dereks EX was runnin like. If you go with a 440 kit, you should do like Daniel (the guy on the #19 440ex) and buy a IMS 440 kit. He did all the work himself, had the sleeve sent to LA Sleeve, and his runs really good right now, except for the clutch slipping problem but his clutch should be in by Monday. Daniel's quad runs and he spent $800 on the motor; Derek's quad doesn't run and he... his dad spent over $2500 on the motor.

Razorback
07-28-2002, 06:51 PM
yeah, good points. derek's dad was pissed off. there were a lot of f-bombs flying around. maybe daniel can help me out with mine :) i don't know what's wrong with derek's, but i heard from several people that kroce does good work, so maybe something just went wrong. may see you wed. at badlands.

buzzsaw - let me know when you get yours back and how you like it.

Buzzsaw
07-28-2002, 07:01 PM
will do, are you going to badlands wednesday or wednesday night.

Razorback
07-28-2002, 07:23 PM
wednesday night. hopefully, i'll be there by 6:00pm.

Buzzsaw
07-28-2002, 07:59 PM
cool i would like to come out and check the track out. i was wrong it was wed. when i saw that guy dereks bike at kroces and it was cool then. what was up?

MxDale71
07-28-2002, 08:34 PM
The day after his quad was done, Dereks dad picked it up in the morning and Derek raced it that day at Swan. Well, after the first moto, or practice it started leaking oil. Last Saturday, it was blowin oil out of the filter.

If you decide to go with a 440 one day, and you buy the IMS kit, I'll give you Daniel's phone # and you can ask him about it. He does some ATV mechanics work as a side job... just when ever someone needs some work done to the motor, they'll bring it over to Daniel. He charges $20 an hour, and he won't charge you for a lunch break, and he doesn't round up (if it take's 2 hours and 1 minute, he won't count it as 3 hours like Motorcycle shops do). I won't say that he WILL do the work for you because that's totally up to him, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

Buzzsaw
07-29-2002, 11:00 AM
so, why did he keep riding it on saturday if it started doing this on thursday?

MxDale71
07-29-2002, 05:54 PM
What? I think you misunderstood.

It was leakin oil at Swan, like 3 weeks ago. I guess they fixed it, ran it a few times, and then on Saturday, it started blowin oil out of the filter.

Buzzsaw
07-29-2002, 06:08 PM
Yes, there was a misunderstanding, I was under the inpression that this started thursday from your statement above.

Razorback
07-29-2002, 09:01 PM
it'll be interesting to see what the verdict is on derek's machine. hope to see you guys at the track wednesday.

Buzzsaw
07-30-2002, 08:22 AM
it's at kroce's now