PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer headunit not working

TCracin440ex
02-27-2006, 06:31 PM
well ive got my deh-8500mp ive had it for about 3yrs now give or take...and within the last month or so the head unit has quit working..it still will play my cds and everything...but only half of the unit is lighting up...it has the dot matrix on it...and the dot matrix is not lighting up and neither is the buttons....the buttons on the front face plate are lit up...i dont know whats wrong with it....it started out where it would only not work when you changed the cd...and to make the dot matrix and everything show back up again ud have to close the flap, and open it again then everything would pop back up and it would be fine...now its not doing nothing ive just got a black screen

thats what it looks like the part that says the time and the 4 buttons on that part of the face aint working at all now...

wilkin250r
02-27-2006, 06:36 PM
Sounds like it's time to get a new headunit. :ermm:

TCracin440ex
02-27-2006, 06:42 PM
well it had worked fine for those 3 years...performed flawless...then a few months ago me and my buddy wired up some subs and it aint been right since...i dont kno if we knocked some ish loose...im going to take the headunit out and check all my connections and stuff....and if that aint fixin the problem im going to get on the phone and call pioneer and ask if they can trouble shoot me and tell me whats wrong with it and how much it would cost to be repaired....if not

im going in dash dvd player

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ImageViewer.aspx?ImageName=KVT-715DVD.jpg&Model=Kenwood%20KVT-715DVD%20RB

thats what im lookin at if i cant fix mine

moto440ex
02-27-2006, 07:08 PM
I hate to say it man, but that model head unit has been known to have problems. I work at an audio shop around town, and when we used to sell those , alot of people would say they had problems with them. My friend had one for bout a year, and it just stopped working completely. The only thing I can think of to do right now, is take your deck back out, make sure every wire is connected right with connectors, not tape. Another thing is, where the face connects to the deck, the pins might be messed up.

TCracin440ex
02-28-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by moto440ex
I hate to say it man, but that model head unit has been known to have problems. I work at an audio shop around town, and when we used to sell those , alot of people would say they had problems with them. My friend had one for bout a year, and it just stopped working completely. The only thing I can think of to do right now, is take your deck back out, make sure every wire is connected right with connectors, not tape. Another thing is, where the face connects to the deck, the pins might be messed up.

i was the one that installed the deck so i know for a fact that everything is installed with wire connectors..i would have sauderd them but i didnt have a sauderng iron....like i said the deck worked fine for those 3 years give or take then me and my buddy put subs in there and it aint been right since...