PDA

View Full Version : 446 warrior probs

jas250r
02-27-2006, 03:21 PM
A friend of mine has a fst 446 warrior and it started in the summer, then it sat for a little while and it is winter now and it doesn't start using the electric start. we pull started it and fired it right up. i've heard people say that once you go over 11:1 compression the electis start does work. This thing has 11.5:1 just curious, the second prob is the crank case breather were does it go?he cut the air box lid last year somtime and we don't see a spot for to plug into? When you rid it steams some oil out, i figured it needs a breather element? last are there any after market intakes? we have a spare 05 honda 450 carb left over and would like to use if it as long as it doesn't hurt performance other than these little problems it pulls hard and revs fast

warriorman11
02-28-2006, 08:35 PM
the breather gos into the snorkel out of the air box... i found a air breather at my advanced auto store and put it on there i can get pics of it tomorow or something if you would like

jas250r
03-01-2006, 12:26 PM
yeah that would be great. Me and some other friends are going to check some more things over this coming weekend. One sort of thinks we never had this problem until we put the oil cooler on? there maybe a total of 3 hours on the motor, and it seems to that the vent tube has a lot of pressure coming out of it. we'll check the compression just in case to make sure the rings aren't fried? thanks for the help

warriorman11
03-01-2006, 08:05 PM
here is the pic of the breather i got i think it says intimidator air breather on the package
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e317/warriorman11/breather.jpg

jas250r
03-02-2006, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the pic, how come you didn't mount it higher up? So water and mud wouldn't get on it as much? Looks like we'll be doing the same

warriorman11
03-02-2006, 08:40 PM
well actually i just did that about a week or 2 ago and the only thing i have ridden was at summit county indoor track so didnt need to worry about that but im sure once i hit the trails ill re-postion... hope everything worked out for ya oh by the way what company did you guys go with to do the big bore? im lookin into one when i get the money and im wonderin what is a good way to go

jas250r
03-03-2006, 12:33 PM
we went with fst for the full stroker and head work with i think was a mega cycle cam, he took 7 months to finally get the motor back to us called every week and it was a different excuse everytime

warriorman11
03-04-2006, 10:19 PM
so not really recommended... thanx for the info