PDA

View Full Version : Anyone race a.....

Drock06224
02-27-2006, 01:11 PM
Has anyone raced a yfz against the ltr yet?

benbuilt4u
02-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Drock06224
Has anyone raced a yfz against the ltr yet?

yes i raced my buddys 04 yfz with full pipe and jet kit and we ran head to head. i had 20 inch tires and they hooked so hard the dam bike would stall or try to throw me off. but we switched and same outcome. id say with full exhaust and chip i should be slightly faster. the biggest difference is in delivery and handling my bike is like a porsche and his is a 68 chevy nova. mine is very predictable and comfortable. his has that old big block chevy feel. if that makes any sense.

LTZ400ApK
02-27-2006, 08:03 PM
i raced 2 Yfz w/ my LT-R over the weekend in 300ft my ltr won 6 of the 6 races they where bothed piped and one was a 06 w/ Web cams that one was really close... We didnt switch riders to see if it made any difference but both Guys know how to ride

I'm not gonna say its the fastest thing out there but for only having a cherry bomb,air box lid off,and Baffle out the LTR is a Very Respectable machine

chaser
02-27-2006, 10:48 PM
I raced one, and was beat by a few lengths each time. At not sure how modified the Yamaha was, but mine had no airlid, modified peashooter, and the cherrybomb.
In my LTR's defense, I'm a bike rider normally and it was my first time on the LTR. With practice I could probably launch better and that would have made a big difference.